Facts About Chris Beard
|Celebrated Name||Chris Beard|
|Age||50 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Christopher Michael Beard|
|Place Of Birth||Marietta, Georgia|
|High School||McCullough High School|
|University||Abilene Christian University|
|Children||Ella, Avery and Margo|
|Net Worth||$8 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Coaching Career|
|Salary||Around $5 Million|
|Height||6 feet 6 inches|
|Hair Color||Light-Brown Black|
|Eye Color||Pale Green|
Chris Beard is an American basketball coach. He is renowned for being the head men's basketball coach at the University of Texas at Austin. Previously, he coached at Texas Tech, Little Rock, Angelo State, and McMurry. Under his watch, the Texas Tech Red Raiders made the deepest NCAA Tournament runs in school history. In 2019, the Red Raiders won a school-record 31 games on the way to the 2019 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship Game against the Virginia Cavaliers. He was recognized as the 2019 AP National Coach of the Year. On April 1, 2021, he was hired as the 25th head coach at the University of Texas. On December 12, 2022, he was arrested on a third-degree felony charge of assault against a family member for strangulation. He was subsequently suspended without pay by Texas.
Chris Beard Arrested On Assault Charge
Texas men's basketball coach, Chris Beard was arrested Monday morning (12th December 2022) on a felony domestic violence charge. He was arrested by police in Austin, Texas, and booked at 4:18 a.m. CDT on a third-degree charge of "assault of a family/household member, impede breath circulation," or strangulation. He was released from the Travis County jail at 2:44 p.m. after posting a cash bond. Beard's bail had been set at $10,000.
Austin police told they received a "disturbance hotshot" call, and officers were dispatched to the 1900 block of Vista Lane shortly after midnight Monday. The Austin Police Department's website defines a "hotshot" call as "incidents which are in progress are an immediate threat to life and/or public safety. ... These calls are dispatched immediately." Beard's attorney, Perry Minton, told the Austin American-Statesman that Beard "is 100% innocent of these charges." "He should never have been arrested," Minton told the paper. "The complainant wants him released immediately and all charges dismissed. It is truly inconceivable." Said Texas in a statement: "The University is aware of the situation regarding Chris Beard. We are continuing to gather information and monitoring the legal process."
What is Chris Beard Famous For?
- Chris Beard is a basketball coach from the USA.
- Chris is known for being the head men's basketball coach at the University of Texas at Austin.
Where is Chris Beard From?
Chris Beard was born on February 18, 1973. He is from Marietta, Georgia, the USA. He holds American nationality and his ethnicity is American-White. His birth name is Christopher Michael Beard. His present age is 49 as of 2022. His zodiac sign is Aquarius as per his birthdate. Chris has not revealed the details about his parents to the media. About his education, he graduated from high school from McCullough High School in The Woodlands, Texas. He was a manager at Texas under former Longhorns coach Tom Penders, graduating in 1995 with a Bachelor of Science degree in kinesiology. He received a Master of Education from Abilene Christian University where he served as a graduate assistant in 1998.
Chris Beard Coaching Career
- Chris Beard, before his professional career, served as a student manager and student assistant at the University of Texas for Tom Penders and a graduate assistant at Incarnate Word and Abilene Christian. He was also an assistant coach at North Texas from 1997–1999.
- Next, Chris was hired as head coach at Fort Scott Community College. With his coaching strategy, the team had a record of 19–12 and its first winning season in 8 years.
- After then, he was hired as the head coach at Seminole State College in the year 2000. During a year, he went 25–6 and finished ranked 14th in the country.
- Soon, he was hired as an assistant and later associate head coach at Texas Tech where he worked under the legendary Bob Knight. The Red Raiders made four NCAA tournament appearances along with a trip to the NIT Final Four. He spent 10 years coaching at Texas Tech under Bob Knight. Knight's son, Pat Knight, often cites the influence of the two men as his keys to success.
- In addition, he also spent a year as head coach for the South Carolina Warriors of the American Basketball Association. He led the team to a 29–2 record.
- After then, he was hired as head coach at Lamar State College–Port Arthur on 8th March 2012. After six days, he resigned for the same position at McMurry University in Abilene, Texas where he spent one season.
- Soon, he was hired as the sixth head coach at Angelo State in March 2013.
- Chris Beard was named the head coach of Arkansas–Little Rock on 8th April 2015. In his only and first season at UALR, the Trojans went 30–5 and won the regular season and Sun Belt tournament titles to clinch an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament.
- Little Rock was then awarded a 12 seed and knocked off fifth-seeded Purdue 85–83 in double overtime to advance to the Second Round, where they fell to Iowa State. He was named Sun Belt Coach of the Year for his efforts.
- After on, Beard accepted the head coaching job at UNLV on 27th March 2016. Next, he took the Texas Tech job on April 15, 2016, as head coach. He led Texas Tech to upset #7 West Virginia on 3rd January 2017 leading the Red Raiders to their first regular-season win over the Mountaineers in program history.
- During his 2018 season, he led Texas Tech to a 72–71 win over #2 WVU. His 2017–18 team was also the first Texas Tech team to win at Kansas, snapping a 17-game road losing streak against the Jayhawks.
- On 23rd March 2018, he coached Texas Tech to its first-ever Elite Eight berth in program history with a 78–65 win over the Purdue Boilermakers.
- On 9th March 2019, under his leadership, Texas Tech won a share of the Big 12 regular season title, Texas Tech's first-ever title in the Big 12 conference, and its first conference title since 1996 when the team played in the Southwest Conference.
- At the conclusion of the 2019 season, he earned Big 12 coach of the year honors after he led Texas Tech to a 26–5 regular season record, second only to Tech's 30–1 record in 1995–96.
- On 30th March 2019, he led Texas Tech to the first Final Four appearance in school history with a 75–69 victory over Gonzaga to win the West Regional.
- On 6th April 2019, he led the Red Raiders to a 61–51 victory over Michigan State. On 29th April 2019, he signed a six-year extension worth more than $4.5 million a season, becoming the third-highest-paid college basketball coach in the country.
- On 1st April 2021, he was hired as the 25th head coach at the University of Texas.
Chris Beard Awards and Achievements
- NCAA Regional – Final Four (2019)
- Big 12 regular season (2019)
- Sun Belt regular season (2016)
- Sun Belt tournament (2016)
- AP National Coach of the Year (2019)
- CBS Sports Coach of the Year (2019)
- 2× Big 12 Coach of the Year (2018, 2019)
- Sun Belt Coach of the Year (2016)
- Lone Star Coach of the Year (2015)
Who is Chris Beard Wife?
Chris Beard is a married and family man. He tied the knot to his beautiful wife, Leslie Beard. The pair got married on 31st August 1996. The duo is blessed with three daughters namely Ella Beard, Avery Beard, and Margo Beard. Professionally, Leslie is an American journalist and author.
Chris Beard's wife Leslie Beard was born in Texas on June 21, 1974. She graduated from McCullough High School in The Woodlands and later on from a US state university. She owns Space, a luxury jewelry store. Her website offers a variety of products, from jewelry to cleaning products, home decorations, candles, pillows, and more.
Chris Beard was arrested on a third-degree felony charge of assault against a family member for strangulation on 12th December 2022 due to which he was suspended without pay by Texas. Chris's wife may have been the victim of the latest domestic violence case. The head coach is in custody at the Travis County Jail in Austin, Texas as he assaulted a family member on Monday morning (12th December 2022). It is unknown whether Chris Beard's wife was a victim of domestic violence.
How much is Chris Beard Net Worth?
Chris Beard is a basketball coach who has accumulated a net worth of $8 million as of 2022. His annual salary and career earnings are still to get disclosed yet but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is making his annual income in millions of dollars from his professional career work. He is in his second season of a seven-year guaranteed contract that pays him more than $5 million per year. His main source of wealth comes from his coaching career. He lives a lavish lifestyle right now and he is enjoying his present life a lot. On April 29, 2019, he signed a six-year extension worth more than $4.5 million a season with Texas Tech University, becoming the third-highest-paid college basketball coach in the country.
How tall is Chris Beard?
Chris Beard is a handsome man with a standing height of 6 feet 6 inches. His body weight consists of 75 KG. He has got an average body type. He has got a light brown-black hair color which is short in length. His eye color is pale green.
Trivias About Chris Beard You Need To Know.
- Christopher Michael Beard is his full name.
- He got his coaching start with the Longhorns way back in 1991 as a student assistant.
- On April 1, 2021, he was hired as the 25th head coach at the University of Texas.
- His zodiac sign is Aquarius.