Chris Benoit - Bio, Net Worth, Facts, Wiki, Career, Documentary, Wife, Son, Death, Death Cause, Death Date, WWE, Wrestler, Nationality, Age, Height
Chris Benoit was a Canadian professional wrestler who held 22 championships between several wrestling promotions including World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment(WWF/WWE), World Championship Wrestling(WCW), Extreme Championship Wrestling(ECW), and New Japan Pro-Wrestling(NJPW). Benoit was also a two-time world champion in WWE.
Benoit was one of the top 10 wrestlers of all time. He holds a double murder-suicide case as he murdered his wife and son and then hanged himself in the same year 2007.
What was Chris Benoit Famous for?
- Famous as the wrestler holding 22 championships and a double murder-suicide case.
Where was Chris Benoit Born?
Chris Benoit was born on May 21, 1967, in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. His birth name was Christopher Michael Benoit. His nationally was Canadian. He belonged to White ethnicity while Gemini was his zodiac sign.
Chris Benoit was born in a well-to-do family to Michael Benoit(father) and Margaret Benoit(mother). He was raised in Edmonton, Alberta along with his sister, Laurie Benoit. He was interested in wrestling since his childhood as he attended a local wrestling event when he was just 12. Later then he joined Hart FAmily "Dungeon" for his training to become a professional wrestler.
During his whole childhood and early adolescence, he idolized Tom Billington and Bret Hart. He also carried his study alongside wrestling as he used to recieve education from family patriarch Stu Hart.
Chris Benoit's Career Highlights
- Chris Benoit started his professional wrestling career in 1985 at the Stampede Wrestling Promotion.
- On November 22, 1985, Benoit"Dynamite" made his debut match in a tag team alongside "The Remarkable" Rick Patterson.
- Benoit won his first-ever title "Stampede British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight Championship" on March 18, 1988, against Gama Singh.
- During his tenure in Stampede, he won four International Tag Team and three British Commonwealth titles.
- In August 1990, he won his first major championship, the "IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship". He also won the inaugural Super J-Cup tournament and WWF Light Heavyweight Championship.
- In February 1995, he and Dean Malenko won the ECW World Tag Team Championship, marking his first-ever American title.
- Benoit joined World Championship Wrestling in 1992 but he left in 1993, later in 1995, he returned to WCW and remained till 1999.
- He also won the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship.
- On January 25, 2004, Benoit won the Royal Rumble earning a world title shot at WrestleMania XX.
- On June 9, 2005, Benoit was drafted to SmackDown! in the 2005 Draft Lottery. In 2006, he marked his 5th United States Championship.
- Benoit was drafted from SmackDown to ECW as part of the 2007 WWE draft. He wrestled his final match on June 19, 2007.
Who was Chris Benoit Married to?
Chris Benoit was married twice throughout his entire life. He was married to his first wife, Martina in 1988 with whom he had two children: David and Meghan. However, their relation didn't last long and
Benoit began dating Nancy Sullivan. Nancy was also a wrestler and the wife of Kevin Sullivan. Chris and Nancy together had a son: Daniel who was born on February 25, 2000, and on November 23, 2000, Chris and Nancy got married. However, within three years of marriage, Nancy filed for divorce alleging cruel treatment. Their relation took a sour turning leading to their death.
Chris Benoit committed suicide on June 24, 2007, which was investigated after the authorities alleged for his absence in the ring. He committed a double-murder and suicide attempt, as he murdered his wife, Nancy on June 22, 2007, and also his son giving him drugs on June 23, 2007, and hanged himself on June 24, 2007.
According to sources, it is alleged that Benoit's crime was because of depression and chronic traumatic encephalopathy(CTE), a condition of brain damage. The season 2 of a series, "Dark Side of the Ring" gives the full preview of Chris Benoit's tragic murder-suicide saga.
What was the Net Worth of Chris Benoit?
The 40 years old late Chris Benoit had a great earning through his professional career as a wrestler. Being in the field of wrestling for more than two decades, he had managed to amass a fortune worth million dollars through his several championships and signing.
His estimated et worth at the time of his death was around $1.2 million.
How Tall was Chris Benoit?
Chris Benoit was a White handsome man in his early 40s at the time of his death. He had a well maintained athletic body physique. He had a height of around 5ft. 11inch.(1.80m) while he had a bodyweight of 100kg(220 lbs). He had a fair complexion with dark brown hair and blue eyes.