Chris Daughtry Bio, Net Worth, American Idol, Married, Wife, Family, Parents, Nationality, Age, Height, Wiki, Facts, Awards, Career, Band, Children
Chris Daughtry is an American singer, songwriter, and actor who is well known to be the lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist for the rock band, "Daughtry". The band made their debut with the release of their self-titled debut album which became the fastest-selling debut rock album in Nielsen SoundScan history.
He was also recognized to be one of the final contestants on the 5th season of "American Idol" finishing in fourth place. He is even the third most successful American Idol contestant in terms of record sales.
Known for his powerful vocal belting technique and wide vocal range, Chris has earned himself a name in the large world of music. Apart, their 2021 tour supporting the new album, "Dearly Beloved" got delayed following the unexpected death of Chris's elder daughter, Hannah as reported in November 2021.
Besides, he is active on social media sites with over 509k followers on his verified Twitter account: @CHRIS_Daughtry and over 353k followers on Instagram: @chrisdaughtry.
What is Chris Daughtry famous for?
- Famous as a singer.
- Known as the lead vocalist of the band, "Daughtry".
Where is Chris Daughtry from?
Chris Daughtry was born on December 26, 1979, in McLeansville, North Carolina, United States. His birth name is Christopher Adam Daughtry. His nationality is American. Daughtry belongs to the White ethnicity while Capricon is his zodiac sign.
Born as one of the two sons of his parents; Sandra(mother) and James Daughtry(father), Chris grew up in Lasker alongside his brother, Kenneth until the age of 14, and then in Palmyra, Virginia. He attended the Fluvanna County High School in Palmyra, from where he got graduated in 1998.
Gowing up, he developed an interest in music that by the age of 16, he already had started taking singing seriously as a musician.
He began taking guitar lessons from blues-rock guitarist Matt Jagger and even performed with rock bands during his time in high school. During high school, he also appeared in two stage productions: The Wiz and Peter Pan.
Chris Daughtry’s career Highlights
- He started his career initially as the lead vocalist for his high school band, "Cadence".
- They released their only album, “All Eyes on You” in 1999.
- He also performed as a lead singer and guitarist for the band, "Absent Element" and released the album, "Uprooted" in 2005.
- He then auditioned singing "The Letter" for the 5th season of "American Idol".
- His performance of Fuel’s “Hemorrhage(In My Hands)” received him much appreciation and praise making him up to the top 4.
- On the finale night, he performed “Mystery” with the band Live at the Kodak Theater.
- He also performed “Wanted Dead or Alive” in The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
- He formed a band named after his last name currently consisting of members, Josh Steely, Brian Craddock, Andy Waldeck, and Robin Diaz.
- On November 21, 2006, the band released their debut self-titled album which charted no. 1on Billboard chart.
- The band's song, "Home" was popular as it was played on every episode of American Idol's sixth season's results show.
- On May 27, 2007, Daughtry performed at the 2007 Indianapolis 500.
- On July 14, 2009, the band released their second album titled "Leave This Town" with its single, "No Surprise".
- He made history with its release by becoming the first American Idol alumnus to have two consecutive number one albums.
- He has written and recorded a song for the soundtrack to the video game, "Batman: Arkham City".
- On November 21, 2011, they released their third album titled "Break the Spell".
- The band’s fourth album, Baptized, was released on November 19, 2013.
- On February 12, 2016, Daughtry released their first greatest hit album, "It's Not Over...The Hits So Far".
- On July 27, 2018, they released their fifth album, "Cage to Rattle".
- He made his acting debut in the 100th episode of "CSI: New York".
- He then portrayed Judas Iscariot in the Biblical live version of The Passion in 2016.
- On December 18, 2019, he finished as the runner-up on the second season of "The Masked Singer".
- His recent portrayal of Hugo Strange in the Batman fan film, Batman: Dying Is Easy in 2021.
Chris Daughtry’s personal life: Who is he Married to?
Chris Daughtry is a married man and has been married just once to date. His first and the only marriage was with Deanna Daughtry with whom he has been married since November 11, 2000. Since then the couple has been living together for over 21 years now. They met for the first time while attending a party just soon later they knew they were made for each other.
The couple welcomed 2 children together, a twin Adalynn Rose and Noah Jame in November 2010 after 10 years of their marriage. Chris even parents his stepchildren from Deanna's previous relationship, Hannah and Griifin.
However, on November 12, 2021, his elder step-daughter, Hannah, died unexpectedly. Chris confirmed his state at the moment as he was already in grief with the loss of his mother a year ago and now just the wound was about to heal his part of the family left him.
Chris Daughtry's Net worth
Chris Daughtry has quite good earnings from his professional career as a singer. His career which got a breakthrough with his appearance on "American Idol" has led him to become one of the popular singers in the rock genre alongside his band.
He surely managed to make big bucks probably making him a millionaire. His net worth is estimated to be $8 million.
Chris Daughtry's Height and Weight
Chris Daughtry is a good-looking man in his 40s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 7inch.(1.70 m) and his body weight is around 85kg. He has a fair complexion with dark brown eyes and bald hair which he did on purpose after he started to show signs of balding.
Did You Know?
- He is the fourth-place contestant on the fifth season of American Idol.
- He is the lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist for the rock band Daughtry.
- He also has a brother, Kenneth.
- He started taking singing seriously at the age of sixteen.