Last updated on August 19th, 2023 at 02:23 am
Facts About Chris Martin
|Celebrated Name||Chris Martin|
|Age||46 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Christopher Anthony John Martin|
|Spouse||Gwyneth Paltrow (M. 2003; Div. 2016)|
|Marital Status||In Relationship|
|Place Of Birth||Whitestone, Exeter Devon|
|Net Worth||$ 121 million|
|School||Pre-preparatory Hylton School and Preparatory Exeter Cathedral School|
|College / University||University College London (UCL)|
|Birth Nation||England, UK|
|Children||Apple Blythe Alison Martin|
|Source of Wealth||Music Career|
|Height||6 feet 1 inches|
|Body Measurement||42-13-35 inches|
|Shoe Size||10 (UK)|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
One of the UK's most distinctive and popular singers and songwriters, Chris Martin was inspired by artists such as A-Ha, Echo & The Bunnymen, The Smiths, U2 and Peter Gabriel, who achieved commercial success in the 1980s by melding intelligent songwriting with musical sophistication. He is best known as the co-founder, lead singer, rhythm guitarist and pianist for the alternative British rock band “Coldplay”. The group has won multiple Grammy Awards over the years, one being for their debut album.
What is Chris Martin known for?
- An English Singer, Musician, Songwriter, record producer, and philanthropist.
- The co-founder, lead singer, rhythm guitarist and pianist for the alternative British rock band “Coldplay”.
Where is Chris Martin born?
Back to his early life, Her birth name is Christopher Anthony John Martin. He was born in Whitestone, Exeter Devon, England. His father Anthony Martin is a retired accountant, and his mother Alison Martin is a music teacher. He has four siblings. His family’s business was Martins of Exeter until sold by his father in 1999. William Willett, the man who campaigned for and made daylight saving time a recognized practice, was Martin’s great-great-grandfather.
Chris Martin was educated at the pre-preparatory Hylton School and the preparatory Exeter Cathedral School where he found his passion for music. After Exeter Cathedral School, Martin boarded at Sherborne School in Dorset, where he met future Coldplay manager Phil Harvey.
He continued his studies at University College London” (UCL), staying at Ramsay Hall, where he read Ancient World Studies and graduated first-class honors in Greek and Latin. At UCL, Martin met his future Coldplay bandmates Jonny Buckland, Guy Berryman, and Will Champion.
When did Chris Martin pursue his music career?
- Along with his university friend Jonny Buckland, he formed an alternative rock band Starfish which included his other university mates Will Champion and Guy Berryman as members. They later changed the band name to Coldplay.
- The band’s debut album, ‘Parachutes’ was released in 2000 which became an instant hit. It included the singles ‘Shiver’, ‘Trouble’, and ‘Yellow’. The album sold very well and went multi-platinum in Britain, U.S., and Australia.
- Their second album ‘A Rush of Blood to the Head’ was released in 2002. The album was critically acclaimed and won several domestic and international music awards.
- Propelled by the success of the band’s albums, Martin began his solo career in 2002. He sang the vocals in the album of other artists like Faultline, Ron Sexsmith and Ian McCulloch.
- In 2004, he sang ‘Gravity’ for the English band Embrace and ‘Do you know it’s Christmas?’ for the charity group BandAid 20.
- Released in 2005, Coldplay’s third album ‘X&Y’ featured the hit singles ‘Speed of Sound’, and ‘Clocks’. The album was a big commercial success and was called fresh and emotional.
- The year 2006 was a good one for his solo career. He collaborated with other prominent artists like Nelly Furtado, Michael Stipe, and Jay-Z and sang many vocals for their albums.
- He co-wrote songs, played the piano, and sung the vocals for the single ‘Homecoming’ in Kayne West’s album ‘Graduation’ in 2007.
- The band’s fourth studio album, ‘Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends’ was released in 2008. This album differed from its predecessors as it used a variety of musical styles like tribal music and honky-tonk piano.
- In 2011, the band’s fifth album, ‘Mylo Xyloto’ was released. It was a concept album "based on a love story with a happy ending” in Martin’s words. The album received mostly positive reviews.
- In 2014, They released the album Ghost Stories which featured such songs as “Magic” and “A Sky Full OF Stars”. The following year, Coldplay put out as A Head Full OF Dreams. The band soon landed one music’s most high- profile gigs. Coldplay performed as part of the half show at Super Bowl 50 in February 2016.
- Solo Works; In addition to Coldplay, Chris Martin has written a variety of songs for solo acts including British pop group Embrace and the singer Jamelia. In 2005, Martin collaborated with musician Nelly Furtado on the track “All Good Things (Come to an End)” from her third album Loose (2006). In 2006, Chris Martin worked with rapper Jay-Z for the song “Beach Chair” for his album Kingdom Come. Martin has also collaborated with Swizz Beatz and Kanye West. In 2019, he worked with rapper Avicii for the song "Heaven" for his album Tim.
- In addition to making musical statements, Martin also had a strong social agenda. He campaigned for fair trade in Haiti and the Dominican Republic and contributed to Band-Aid 20 to aid Sudanese refugees in Darfur.
Awards & Achievements of Chris Martin
- His band Coldplay has received seven Grammy Awards till date. The Grammy Awards are presented annually by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences for outstanding achievements in the record industry.
- Coldplay has received two Juno Awards (2006 and 2009) which are given primarily to honor Canadian musical artists and bands.
- In 2009, Coldplay won the Ivor Novella Award for Best Selling British Song for their song ‘Viva La Vida’ from the album ‘Viva La Vida or Death and All of His Friends’.
To whom Chris Martin was married?
Now talking about, Chris Martin personal life, Backstage at a concert in 2002, Chris Martin met American actress Gwyneth Paltrow, daughter of actress Blythe Danner. The couple married a year later, on December 5, 2003, in a quiet ceremony in the absence of their friends and family.
Their daughter Apple Blythe Alison Martin, was born 14 May 2004 in London and named after Chris’ inspiration and cousin, Georgia Devereux. Martin and the band released a song “I am your baby’s daddy” under the name “The Nappies” in anticipation of the birth of Apple. The band’s song “Speed of Sound” was also inspired by a song, “Moses”, that Martin wrote for Paltrow. Simon Pegg and Martin’s bandmate Jonny Buckland are Apple’s godfathers, and in exchange, Martin is the godfather to Pegg’s daughter.
Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow announced their separation in March 2014, after ten years of marriage, Paltrow filed for divorce in April 2015. A judge finalized their divorce on 15 July 2016.
After the separation from his ex-wife, he had an affair with Annabelle Wallis. Currently, Chris Martin is currently in a relationship. He is dating an actress, Dakota Johnson. She is Fifty Shades of Grey star.
What is Chris Martin net worth?
As a successful musician, he might have the sum of a good amount of money from his profession. According to some online sources, his net worth said to be somewhere around $121 million at present. however, his salary was yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
How tall is Chris Martin?
Observing his body measurements, Chris Martin’s height is measured about 6 feet 1 inch, and weighs 190 lbs. Chris has got a slim body type, and his body measurements are; Chest- 42 inches, Arms/Biceps-14 inches, & waist-35 inches. He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 10. He has blonde hair color and blue eye color.
Trivias About Chris Martin You Need To Know.
- Wrote the song "Moses" for wife Gwyneth Paltrow.
- Learned how to sing the lyrics to his song "The Scientist" in reverse for the music video, so that the final product would show his body in reverse while he sang the lyrics normally.
- Was inspired by artists such as A-Ha, Echo & The Bunnymen, The Smiths, U2 and Peter Gabriel.