Last updated on August 16th, 2023 at 10:31 am
Facts About Chris Paul
|Celebrated Name||Chris Paul|
|Age||38 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Christopher Emmanuel Paul|
|Profession||Basketball Player , Basketball Player|
|Height||6 feet 0 in|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||$ 120 million|
|Salary||Around $40 million|
|Education||Wake Forest University (WFU)|
|Career Start||2005 A.D.|
|Best Known For||Professional Basketball Player|
|Place Of Birth||Winston-Salem, North, USA|
Chris Paul is a professional basketball player. At present, he is playing for the current team, Oklahoma City Thunder of the NBA. His playing position is Point guard. Initially, he was selected as the fourth pick of the 2005 NBA Draft by the New Orleans Hornets. He had his NBA debut on 1st November 2005, when his New Orleans Hornets faced Sacramento Kings. Chris and the Hornets won that game by 26 points with the end result standing 93 to 67. On his debut, he played a total of 33 minutes and scored 13 points, dished 4 assists, and grabbed 8 rebounds. e has won the NBA Rookie of the Year Award, an NBA All-Star Game Most Valuable Player Award, two Olympic gold medals, and led the NBA in assists four times and steals six times. He has also been selected to ten NBA All-Star teams, eight All-NBA teams, and nine NBA All-Defensive teams. He made his All-Star debut during the 2007-2008 season. He has won the bronze medal in the 2006 FIBA World Championship held in Japan. Because of his personality and sportsmanship in 2013, he was chosen to be the president of the National Basketball Players Association. Chris has his own foundation named "CP3". He is also nicknamed as CP3.
Chris Paul's brilliance makes him the biggest trade chip for next season
Chris Paul proved that he's still one of the NBA's best players with the Thunder. He began the season with three years and $125 million remaining on his contract. He hadn't played more than 61 regular-season games the last three seasons because of injuries. Oklahoma City was able to strong-arm Houston into surrendering first-round picks in 2024 and 2026 (both 1-4 protected), along with pick swaps in 2021 and 2025. The Thunder's season is now over with a last-second loss to the Rockets in Game 7 of their first-round playoff series. It's another bummer ending for CP3 in the playoffs, but his season should be viewed as nothing but an incredible success.
- Being one of the best playmakers in the NBA league.
- For his great achievements such as being 8 times NBA All-Star player, 4 times NBA First Team player, NBA Rookie of the Year (2006), 4 times NBA assists leader, 6 times NBA steals leader.
- Being a part of the USA National Basketball Team, who won two Olympic gold medals; one in Beijing in 2008, and the other one in London in 2012.
What is the Birthplace of Chris Paul?
Chris Paul born on 6th May 1985 in Winston-Salem, the USA. His birth name/real name is Christopher Emmanuel Paul. His parents are Charles Edward Paul and Robin Jones. He has an American Nationality but he belongs to African-American Ethnicity. He has an elder brother named Charles Paul. In his childhood, his father taught both of them to play basketball and football due to a former athlete himself. He attended West Forsyth High School where he excelled at playing basketball. In the early years of his life, a lot of colleges wanted to recruit him due to his amazing skill performance even his height was short. He then attended Wake Forest University. As of 2020, he celebrated his 35th birthday. He is Christian by religion and his Zodiac sign is Taurus. He is currently residing in Bel-Air, Los Angeles, the USA.
How Chris Paul began his Basketball Career?
- Chris Paul began his basketball journey from West Forsyth High School.
- During his freshman and sophomore seasons, he played on the junior varsity team where he averaged 25 points, 5.3 assists, and 4.4 steals per game, helping West Forsyth reach the state semifinals.
- Similarly, during his senior season, he received national attention for scoring 61 points in a game; his 61-year-old grandfather was slain earlier in the year and Paul honored him by scoring one point for each year of his life.
- As a freshman at Wake Forest University, he averaged 14.8 points, 5.9 assists, and 2.7 steals per game.
- Moreover, he was also named ACC Rookie of the Year and Third Team All-ACC.
- On 15th April 2005, he announced he would be hiring an agent and turning professional.
- He was then selected fourth overall in the 2005 NBA draft by the New Orleans Hornets.
- He finished the season leading all rookies in points, assists, steals, and double-doubles, and became only the second rookie in NBA history to lead the league in total steals.
- He was named NBA Rookie of the Year with final averages of 16.1 points, 5.1 rebounds, 7.8 assists, and 2.2 steals per game.
- Not only this but also he set new Rookie Challenge records with 17 assists and 9 steals at the 2007 All-Star Weekend.
- Additionally, he increased his scoring and passing averages to 17.3 points and 8.9 assists per game in his sophomore season. But he played only 64 games due to injury.
- After that, he was selected to his first NBA All-Star Game in 2007-2008, playing in front of his home fans in New Orleans.
- He led the NBA with 11.6 assists and 2.7 steals per game to go along with 21.1 points per game.
- He scored 35 points against the Dallas Mavericks during his playoff debut.
- He signed a contract extension with the Hornets worth $68 million before the season start of 2008-2009.
- In early February 2010, Paul tore cartilage in his left knee and was sidelined for over a month by surgery, forcing him to miss the All-Star Game.
- Altogether, he played in only 45 games and his averages dropped to 18.7 points, 3.8 rebounds, 10.7 assists, and 2.1 steals per game during the 2009-2010 season.
- After that, he suffered another injury on 6th March 2011 in the 2010-2011 season after colliding with Cavaliers guard Ramon Sessions.
- Later, after being recovered, he played in some gamed. Then, the Hornets agreed to a three-team trade sending Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers on 8th December 2011.
- He announced that he would opt in to the final year of his contract and remain in Los Angeles for at least two more seasons.
- He finished the year averaging 19.8 points, 9.1 assists, and 2.5 steals per game becoming the first Clipper to be named to the All-NBA First Team since the franchise moved to Los Angeles in the 1980s.
- He also led the West to victory with a 20-point and 15 assist performance, earning his first NBA All-Star Game Most Valuable Player Award at the 2013 All-Star Game.
- He then finished the season averaging 16.9 points, 9.7 assists, and 2.4 steals per game, helping the Clippers to a franchise-record 56 wins.
- He re-signed with the Clippers for five years on a contract worth approximately $107 million before the start of the 2013-2014 season.
- He played in all 82 games for the first time in his career, averaging 19.1 points and a league-high 10.2 assists per game during the 2014-2015 season.
- He led the Clippers on a ten-game winning streak despite missing Griffin and Jordan at various points due to injury in the early 2015-2016 season of January.
- After that, he missed 21 regular-season games due to rest or injury and averaged 18.1 points, 9.2 assists, and 5 rebounds in just over 31 minutes per game in the 2016-2017 season.
- Later, he was traded to the Houston Rockets on 28th June 2017 and had four points on 2-for-9 shooting in a 122–121 win over the Golden State Warriors on 17th October 2017 in his debut game for the Rockets. He later revealed that he was playing despite facing a knee injury.
- He then finished the regular season as the No. 1 seed for the first time in franchise history, with a franchise-best 65-17 record.
- After that, he again signed a four-year, $160 million maximum contract extension with the Rockets on 8th July 2018.
- On 16th July 2019, the Houston Rockets traded him, 2024 and 2026 first-round picks, and 2021 and 2025 second-round pick swaps to the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for Russell Westbrook.
- He debuted for the Thunder in a 100-95 loss to the Utah Jazz on 23rd October 2019, putting up 22 points and 8 rebounds in 30 minutes of play.
- On 30th January 2020, he was selected to his tenth All-Star nod, and first since 2016, being named a Western Conference reserve.
- On 11th February, he scored a season-high 31 points in a 114-106 loss to the San Antonio Spurs.
Awards and Achievements of Chris Paul
- 10× NBA All-Star (2008-2016, 2020)
- NBA All-Star Game MVP (2013)
- 4× All-NBA First Team (2008, 2012–2014)
- 3× All-NBA Second Team (2009, 2015, 2016)
- All-NBA Third Team (2011)
- 7× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2009, 2012-2017)
- 2× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2008, 2011)
- NBA Rookie of the Year (2006)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (2006)
- 4× NBA assists leader (2008, 2009, 2014, 2015)
- 6× NBA steals leader (2008, 2009, 2011-2014)
- Consensus first-team All-American (2005)
- First-team All-ACC (2005)
- Third-team All-ACC (2004)
- ACC Rookie of the Year (2004)
- No. 3 retired by Wake Forest Demon Deacons
- USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year (2004)
- First-team Parade All-American (2003)
- North Carolina Mr. Basketball (2003)
Who is Chris Paul married to?
Chris Paul is a married man. He is married to his long-term girlfriend, Jada Crawley. The couple first met while attending Wake Forest University together, but they started dating in 2003. Chris and Jada married on 10th September 2011. The duo is also blessed with two children, Christopher Emmanuel Paul II (born on 23rd May 2009), and Camryn Alexis Paul (born on 16th August 2012). On 11th November 2011, he appeared with his family on Family Feud. At present, the duo is enjoying their present life happily without any sign of divorce. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Chris Paul?
Chris Paul is a professional basketball player. A year after Paul moved to Houston Rockets from Los Angeles Clippers, he signed a four-year, $160 million contract which gave him the NBA's third-highest average salary. As of 2020, the net worth of Chris Paul is estimated to have $120 Million. As of 2020, his salary is around $40 Million annually. His major source of wealth comes from his basketball career. He was 24th in their list of the World's highest-paid athletes as of 2019. He also endorsement deals with companies like Nike and State Farm. As of today, he is living a luxurious lifestyle from his career earnings. He bought his mansion in Bel-Air from the popular American singer Avril Lavigne for $8.5 million in 2012.
Chris Paul's Social Media Profile
Chris Paul is also active in social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Furthermore, he has more than 7 million followers on Facebook, 9.3 million followers on Instagram, and 8 million followers on Twitter.
How tall is Chris Paul?
Chris Paul stands tall at the height of 6 ft 0 inch with a bodyweight of 175 lbs. He has black hair and dark brown eyes. His body build is athletic. His shoe size is 12.5 US. He is one of the hardest-working players, who has ever played in the hardest basketball league in the world i.e. The NBA. He does regular weight training and a lot of agility and speed training. Since a young age, he used to work on his sprinting form with his older brother C.J. As Chris said, he and his brother used to have 30-meter sprints. He maintains his body a lot to keep himself fit and fine. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality.