Last updated on August 14th, 2023 at 01:09 pm
Facts About Chris Watts
|Celebrated Name||Chris Watts|
|Age||38 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Christopher Watts|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Palm Springs, California|
One of is the American inventor, businessman, award-winning filmmaker and Visual Effects Supervisor is Chris Watts.
Chris Watts’s Early life
Chris Watts full name is Christopher Watts. He was born on 16th June 1965 at Palm Springs, California, United States. His father name is Rich Watt and mother name is Pat Watt. In 1989, he began film career with Dream Quest Images. In 1995 he was implemented in the Digital intermediate process in which he was filming in the New Line Cinema feature, Pleasantville.
Chris Watts’s Career
- In 2004, on the Tim Burton’s stop-motion animated movie which was named as ‘The Corpse Bride’, he made the use of digital still cameras as a high-resolution replacement for the film cameras.
- He gained the recognition with the action film adapted from the graphic novel named as ‘300’.
- He supervised the 2009 fantasy film named as ‘Where the Wild Things Are’.
- As when he was the Visual Effect Supervisor for the Hydraulx, he worked for the movie named as ‘The Day after Tomorrow’ in 2004, ‘The Fog’ in 2005 and ‘Venom’ in 2005.
- As Digital artist he worked in the ‘The SpongeBob Square Pants’ in 2004 and ‘Fat Albert’ in 2004.
- He worked as Visual Effects Consultant in the movie named as ‘American Icarus’ in 2002, ‘Corpse Bride’ in 2005, ‘Free Willy’ in 2010, ‘Paradise Lost’ in 2012 and ‘Gravity’ in 2014.
- In the movie named ‘Pleasantville’ in 1998, ‘The Insider’ in 1999, ‘Magicians’ in 2000, ‘King Pow! Enter the Fist’ in 2002, ‘Looney Tunes’ in 2003, ‘300’ in 2006, ‘Meet Bill’ in 2007, ‘Street Kings’ in 2008, ‘Disaster Movie’ in 2008, ‘Case 39’ in 2009, ‘Detention’ in 2011 and ‘Akira’ in 2014 he supervised as the Visual Effects Supervisor.
- In 2013 he was the 2nd unit Visual Effects Supervisor.
- He also has worked as visual effect supervisor for various songs as Britney Spears ‘Toxic’, ‘Womanizer’, Garbage ‘Cheery Lips’ and many more.
Chris Watts’s Awards and Nominations
Chris was nominated for Best Special Effects in Saturn Award and Best Single Visual Effect of the year in Visual Effects Society for movie ‘300’. He won Best Visual Effects in Satellite Award for ‘300’. For the song ‘Toxic’ of Britney Spears, he won Outstanding Visual Effect in a Music Video in Visual Effect Society. He was nominated for Best Visual Effects in ‘U2’s Elevation’ in MTV Video Music Awards.
Chris Watt’s Personal Life
Chris is married to Shannan Watts. He has two daughters named as Bella Watts and Celeste Watts.
On Wednesday 15 August 2018 he was arrested for murdering his wife and his daughters. The bodies of his wife and daughter were found on the property of one of Colorado’s largest oil and gas drillers where he works. And he confessed that he was responsible for the murder.
As he gave an interview to local and national news stations about his wife’s disappearance. He asked her to return along with their daughters and anyone who has harmed them should come forward. On Monday 13 August 2018, he told Denver that his wife has left her purse, key, and phone at home before missing. His wife was 15 weeks pregnant.
Murdering Wife and Kids
Chris Watts was Formally Charged with Murdering Wife & Kids and Terminating Pregnant Wife's Baby. Chris is charged with two counts of first-degree murder of a child. He is further charged with unlawful termination of a pregnancy in the first degree, because Shanann, 34, was 15 weeks pregnant when she was killed. He is due to return to court on Tuesday.
Trivias About Chris Watts You Need To Know.
- He is award winning filmmaker and Visual Effects Supervisor.
- In 2004, he pioneered the use of digital still camera.
- From movie 300 he gained huge recognition.