Last updated on August 13th, 2023 at 06:11 am
Facts About Christian Eriksen
|Celebrated Name||Christian Eriksen|
|Age||31 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Christian Dannemann Eriksen|
|Place Of Birth||Middelfart, Denmark|
|Awards||2010 Ajax Talent of the Future (Sjaak Swart Award), 2011 Ajax Talent of the Year (Marco van Basten Award), etc.|
|Wife||Sabrina Kvist Jensen|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Eye Color||Light Blue|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Net Worth||€65 Million|
|Current Club||Manchester United|
|Links||Wikipedia Facebook Twitter|
The Danish professional football player who plays as an attacking midfielder for Premier League club Manchester United and the Denmark national team is Christian Dannemann Eriksen who is professionally known as Christian Eriksen. He started his professional football career from AFC Ajax in 2010 where he won three Eredivisie, one KNVB Cup, and one Johan Cruyff Shield. He then joined Tottenham Hotspur in 2014 and was an influential player on the team. After 7 years with the club, he moved to the Italian club, Inter Milan in 2020. In his first season, Inter Milan became UEFA Europa League runner-up and won Serie A 2020-21 in his second season with the club. In January 2022, he returned to the Premier League with a move to Brentford where he made 11 appearances for the club, scoring once and providing 4 assists in all the competitions. In July 2022, he signed for Manchester United on a three-year deal on a free transfer. On 28 July 2022, it was confirmed that he would wear the number 14 shirt.
On the international level, Christian Eriksen represented Denmark at various age levels. He has represented Denmark at U17, U18, U19, U21, and the senior level. He made his senior international debut in 2010. He has represented Denmark at FIFA World Cup 2010 and 2018 as well as UEFA Euro 2012 and 2020. During a UEFA Euro 2020 match on 12 June 2021, he collapsed on the pitch after suffering a cardiac arrest as he was given cardiopulmonary resuscitation and was later fitted with an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator. Since making his debut, he has obtained 115 caps and scored 38 goals for Denmark. He is his country's joint-fifth highest all-time goalscorer and was named Danish Football Player of the Year a record five times.
Christian Eriksen Famous For
- Being a Danish professional football player.
- For playing as an attacking midfielder for Premier League club Manchester United.
- Five-time Danish Football Player of the Year.
Early Life of Christian Eriksen
Christian Eriksen was born on 14 February 1992. His birthplace is Middelfart, Denmark. His birth name is Christian Dannemann Eriksen. He holds Danish nationality and he belongs to the white ethnicity. Likewise, his religion is Christianity and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Aquarius. He was born to his father, Thomas Eriksen, and to his mother, Dorthe Eriksen. He has a sister named Louise Eriksen. His sister, Louise Eriksen is also a football player who currently captains the Elitedivisionen club Kolding IF. Information regarding his education is currently unavailable.
Christian Eriksen Football Career (Club Career)
Middelfart and Odense
- Christian Eriksen joined the academy of his hometown club, Middelfart G&BK in 1995. His father was one of the coaches at the club.
- Christian Eriksen then joined Odense Boldklub in 2005 and led the club to an age-group title.
- Christian Eriksen started receiving interest from several big clubs in Europe. He had trials with Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, and Milan.
- However, Christian Eriksen decided to join Ajax. He signed a two-and-a-half-year contract with the club in October 2008. OB reportedly received an estimated 1 million euros.
- After his stint with the club's youth team, Christian Eriksen was promoted to the club's first team in January 2010.
- Christian Eriksen was named Ajax Talent of the Future in 2010 and won Ajax Talent of the Year in the following year.
- Christian Eriksen was also named Dutch Football Talent of the Year in 2011.
- During his time at Ajax, Christian Eriksen helped the club to win three Eredivisie, one KNVB Cup, and one Johan Cruyff Shield.
- Christian Eriksen ended his stint with the club with 32 goals in 162 appearances and 5 trophies.
- In August 2013, Christian Eriksen signed with English club Tottenham Hotspur. His transfer fee was reported around the region of 12.45 million Euro.
- Christian Eriksen spent 7 years with the club but failed to win any trophies for the club.
- The closest Tottenham came to winning a trophy came when they finished runners-up to Chelsea in the Premier League in 2016.
- They also finished runner-up in the 2018-19 UEFA Champions League where they lost to Liverpool.
- His Tottenham career ended with 69 goals in 305 appearances in all competitions.
- Christian Eriksen was named Tottenham Hotspur Player of the Year twice in 2014 and 2017.
- After 7 years with the club, Christian Eriksen joined Serie A club Inter Milan in January 2020.
- Christian Eriksen had signed a four-and-a-half-year deal with Inter Milan where he would make 10 million in salary per season at the club.
- Christian Eriksen struggled his first season at the club and was added to the transfer list.
- However, his performance in the 2020-21 season confirmed his stay on the club.
- Inter Milan went on to win the Serie A title ending Juventus's 9-year run of consecutive titles. It was Milan's first Serie A title in 11 years.
- On 31 January 2022, Christian Eriksen returned to the Premier League with a move to Brentford where he made 11 appearances for the club, scoring once and providing 4 assists in all the competitions.
- On 15 July 2022, Christian Eriksen signed for Manchester United on a three-year deal on a free transfer. On 28 July 2022, it was confirmed that he would wear the number 14 shirt. He made his debut for the club on 7 August 2022 in a 2-1 loss against Brighton & Hove Albion in the Premier League.
- Christian Eriksen represented Denmark at various age levels.
- Christian Eriksen represented Denmark's football teams at U17, U18, U19, and U21 teams before making his senior international debut in 2010.
- Christian Eriksen made his senior international debut in a friendly against Austria in February 2010. With his debut, he became Denmark's fourth-youngest full international.
- Christian Eriksen was a member of the Denmark football team for the 2010 FIFA World Cup becoming the tournament's youngest player.
- Christian Eriksen scored his first senior international goal in the Euro 2012 qualifier against Iceland. He became the youngest Danish international ever to score a goal in European qualifiers.
- Christian Eriksen played for the Denmark team at the 2018 FIFA World Cup where the team reached the Round of 16.
- On 14 October 2020, Christian Eriksen played his 100th match for Denmark, in which he scored a penalty in a 1-0 away win against England in the 2020-21 UEFA Nations League.
- In May 2021, Christian Eriksen was included in Denmark's squad for UEFA Euro 2020.
- On 12 June 2021, Christian Eriksen collapsed in the 42nd minute of Denmark's opening UEFA Euro 2020 group stage match against Finland. The urgent medical assistant performed CPR on Eriksen on the football ground which saved his life. He was stretchered and rushed to the hospital. He was stabilized and was awake. The match was suspended and later played. Denmark lost 0-1.
- On 26 March 2022, Christian Eriksen returned to international football, coming on at halftime in a 4-2 loss against the Netherlands, scoring 2 minutes into his return.
- Since making his debut, Christian Eriksen has obtained 115 caps and scored 38 goals for Denmark.
- Christian Eriksen is his country's joint-fifth highest all-time goalscorer and was named Danish Football Player of the Year a record five times (2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018).
Christian Eriksen’s Personal Life
Looking at his personal life, Christian Eriksen is a married man. He is married to his beautiful girlfriend, Sabrina Kvist Jensen who have been together for a long time. They have been together since 2012. The couple is blessed with two children together: a son and a daughter. He has an intimate relationship with his wife and children where they are living their life happily together.
Net Worth of Christian Eriksen’s
Denmark football star Christian Eriksen has spent the majority of his life in football. Having started his football career from Ajax, the club had signed him for a 1 million Euro transfer fee in 2008. After a successful stint with the club, he moved to English club Tottenham for 12.45 million Euros in 2014. After seven years with Tottenham, he moved to Serie A club Inter Milan for an estimated transfer fee of around 20 million. As of 2022, his net worth is believed to be €65 million and his salary is £9.3 million from his current club. In addition, his market value is around €20 million. With these massive earnings, he is living a luxurious lifestyle.
Body Features of Christian Eriksen
Christian Eriksen stands at a height of 5 ft 11 in tall. He has a bodyweight of 167 lbs. Moreover, he has an athletic body build. His eye color is light blue and his hair color is blonde. His sexual orientation is straight. His other body measurement such as chest size, biceps size, and waist size is still got to get revealed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality.
Christian Eriksen's Transfer History
- Christian Eriksen played for the youth team of Middelfart G&BK and OB.
- In October 2008, Christian Eriksen signed a two-and-a-half-year contract with Amsterdam-based club, Ajax for the transfer fee received by OB was estimated at €1 million.
- In August 2013, Christian Eriksen signed for Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur from Ajax in a deal believed to be worth £11 million (€12.45 million).
- In January 2020, with his contract at Tottenham set to expire in six months, Christian Eriksen signed a four-and-a-half-year deal with Serie A club Inter Milan, which would net him 10 million euros per season.
- In January 2022, Christian Eriksen signed for Premier League club Brentford on a six-month contract.
- In July 2022, Christian Eriksen signed for Manchester United on a three-year deal on a free transfer.
Awards and Achievements
- Won the 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13 Eredivisie with Ajax.
- Won the 2009-10 KNVB Cup with Ajax.
- Won the 2013 Johan Cruyff Shield with Ajax.
- Won the 2020-21 Serie A with Inter Milan.
- Won the 2010 Ajax Talent of the Future (Sjaak Swart Award).
- Won the 2011 Ajax Talent of the Year (Marco van Basten Award).
- Won the 2008 Danish U17 Talent of the Year.
- Won the 2010, 2011 Danish Talent of the Year.
- Won the 2011 Johan Cruyff Trophy.
- Won the 2012 Dutch Footballer of the Year Bronze Boot.
- Won the 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 Danish Football Player of the Year.
- Won the 2011, 2013, 2014, 2017 Danish Football Player of the Year by TV2 and DBU.
- Won the 2013-14, 2016-17 Tottenham Hotspur Player of the Year.
- PFA Team of the Year: 2017–18 Premier League
- UEFA Champions League Midfielder of the Season 2nd place: 2018-19
- Premier League Goal of the Month: April 2018
- FIFA FIFPro World11 nominee: 2019 (14th midfielder)
Trivias About Christian Eriksen You Need To Know.
- Played for Denmark in the 2010 and 2018 FIFA World Cups.
- He signed Midfielder for Ajax (2010-13), Tottenham Hotspur F.C. (2013-20), Inter Milan (2020-2021), Bretford (2022), and Manchester United (2022-).
- His star sign is Aquarius.
- He was crowned as Ajax‘s “Talent of the Year”.