Christian Slater - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Kids, Family, Age, Religion, Facts, Wiki, Height, Awards, Nationality, Parents, Education, Movies, TV Shows
An American actor and producer, Christian Michael Leonard Slater is professionally known as Christian Slater. He has played leading roles in such films as "Heathers", "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves", and "True Romance". In 2015, he began starring as the titular character in the USA series "Mr. Robot". Slater first appeared in ABC's soap opera "Ryan's Hope", before gaining roles on Broadway and in films like "The Name of the Rose". He made his film debut with a leading role in "The Legend of Billie Jean" (1985) and gained wider recognition for his breakthrough role as Jason "J.D." As well, he and Marisa Tomei won the MTV award for best kiss in 1993 for a memorable scene in the film "Untamed Heart". He has also starred in "We Can Be Heroes" and in "Dirty John" in 2020.
Chris Evans Creates a Christian Slater Love Fest on Social Media With His Praising Tweet
The latest tweet from Captain America star Chris Evans is definitely the latter. On Thursday night, Evans was musing about the '80s and '90s icon, Christian Slater. "If Christian Slater from 1989 walked into the room, and I had never heard his name before and had to guess what it was just from what he looked like, I would guess 'Christian Slater,'" Evans tweeted.
While many people were confused as to what prompted the tweet, Evans' tweet got everyone talking about Slater and how his particular brand of a bad boy at that time was so cool, so much so that he started trending on Twitter. "If you're wondering, the reason Christian Slater is trending is that Chris Evans is high, I'm pretty sure," writer Jessica Ellis joked.
- Being an American actor and producer.
- For his leading role in The Legend of Billie Jean (1985).
Where is Christian Slater From?
On 18th August 1969, Christian Slater took birth with the real name of Christian Michael Leonard Slater in New York City, New York, U.S. He is American by nationality and American-white by ethnicity. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is white. Slater's present age is 51 and he will be celebrating his 52nd birthday in the August of 2021. His zodiac sign is Leo. His father, Michael Hawkins is an actor whereas his mother, Mary Jo Slater is the casting director and producer for film, television, and theatre. He has a maternal half-brother, Ryan Slater, who also became an actor.
Talking about Christian's academic qualification, he attended the Dalton School, the Professional Children's School, and the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts.
What happened to Christian Slater's career?
- Christian Slater kicks off his acting career starring on the ABC soap opera "One Life to Live" at the age of eight after which he made his Broadway debut as the lisping Winthrop Paroo opposite Dick Van Dyke in the 1980 revival of "The Music Man".
- He made his big-screen debut in 1985's "The Legend of Billie Jean", playing Billie Jean's brother Binx whereas his career improved with his role in "The Name of the Rose" (1986).
- He appeared as the dark character J.D. in the 1989 film "Heathers" at the age of 19.
- Then, he had offers to play more troubled youths, including as a rebellious teen in "Pump Up the Volume" (1990) and a wild gunman in "Young Guns II" (1990).
- He was seen as Will Scarlett in the Hollywood big-budget production of "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" in 1991 whereas the film was a commercial success, taking US$390 million worldwide, and Slater became one of the major A-list stars of the 1990s.
- Christian appeared in a cameo role in "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country", shortly after playing Charlie Luciano in the crime drama "Mobsters" as well as he starred in "Kuffs" in the following year.
- He also gained the role of the interviewer Daniel Molloy in "Interview with the Vampire" (1994).
- Later, he appeared as Lewis in the romance film "Bed of Roses" in 1996 and also starred in "Hard Rain" in 1988.
- As well, he starred in the successful "The West Wing" and "Alias" TV series whereas he was also part of Hollywood films, including "Bobby" and "3000 Miles to Graceland".
- Also, Slater has worked as a voice-over artist in productions, including the character of 'Pips' in the successful Australian animated film "FernGully: The Last Rainforest", "The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius", and TV documentaries, like "Prehistoric Planet" and "Dinosaur Planet".
- He voiced the character John Watson a.k.a. "Wonko the Sane" in BBC Radio 4's production of "The Hitchhiker's Guide" to the Galaxy.
- Likewise, he can be seen in numerous films and TV series such as "My Own Worst Enemy" (2008), "The Forgotten" (2009), "The River Murders" (2011), "Bullet to the Head" (2013), "Mind Games" (2014), and many others.
- Christian signed on for his title role in the television series on "USA Network Mr. Robot" in October 2014 where he plays a computer hacker, "Mr. Robot".
- He announced in 2013 that he was developing and making a film based on Will Viharo's 1993 neo-noir novel "Love Stories Are Too Violent for Me".
- He voices the character "Slater" on the FX original series "Archer" as well as provided the voice of Ushari the Egyptian Cobra in "The Lion Guard".
- He made a short film for HP called "The Wolf" and then appeared in "The Public" in 2018.
- Moreover, he will be starring as Randall Kirby in "Dr. Death" and will be voicing Torrance in Army of the "Dead: Lost Vegas".
Arrests and convictions
- In 1989, Christian Slater was arrested for drunk driving. He was sentenced to ten days in jail. In 1994, he was arrested when he tried to board a commercial plane with a gun in his luggage. He was sentenced to 3 days of community service.
- Slater was arrested in Manhattan, New York, on 24th May 2005 after he allegedly groped a woman on the street. He was charged with third-degree sexual abuse and was held at the 19th precinct in Manhattan. The charges were later dropped from lack of evidence and on the condition that Slater keeps out of trouble for six months.
Awards and Achivements
- MTV Movie Award for his work in "Untamed Heart"
- Slate Award for his work in "Very Bad Things"
- Critics' Choice Award for his work in "The Contender"
- Satellite Award for his work in "Mr. Robot"
- Golden Globe Award for his work in "Mr. Robot"
Who is Christian Slater Wife?
Christian Slater is a married guy. He has been married to his girlfriend Brittany Lopez in Florida after three years of dating on 2nd December 2013. On 16th August 2019, their daughter Lena was born. The couple's relationship is exceptional till now and hopes it will remain the same as in the future too. Furthermore, Christian is straight by sexual orientation.
Previously, Slater married Ryan Haddon, the daughter of model Dayle Haddon in 2000. The pair has two children, Jaden Christopher (born 1999) and Eliana Sophia Slater (born 2001). However, in 2003, Haddon was arrested for assaulting Slater during an argument at a Hard Rock Cafe while on vacation in Las Vegas. Haddon allegedly threw a glass and cut Slater's neck, which required 20 stitches. She was charged with domestic battery, booked at Las Vegas' Clark County Detention Center, and freed after posting a bond. They announced a separation over Christmas 2004. Christian and Haddon officially separated in 2005 and divorced in 2007.
How much is Christian Slater Net Worth?
Versatile actor as well as producer, Christian Slater has a net worth of $30 million as of 2021 whereas his exact salary amount has not been revealed yet. However, we can surely assume his salary around millions of dollars per year. He has not done any endorsement work yet. Salter's major source of income is from his acting and producing career.
Christian Slater Height & Weight
The height of the handsome guy, Christian Slater is 5 feet and 9 inches. He has 80 kg of body weight with an average body build. Christian has good-looking dark brown hair and eyes color. His ethnic background is probably one of the reasons for his bold and extremely attractive personality. Slater has 40-33-12 inches of body measurement.
Trivias About Christian Slater You Need To Know.
- Christian began starring as the titular character in the USA series "Mr. Robot".
- His film debut, however, took place in The Postman Always Rings Twice.
- He and Marisa Tomei won the MTV award for best kiss in 1993 for a memorable scene in the film Untamed Heart.
- He was married to Ryan Haddon from 2000 to 2007.
- Slater has been a supporter of several charities, including 21st Century Leaders, Global Green, and Whatever It Takes.