Facts About Christopher Walken
|Celebrated Name||Christopher Walken|
|Age||80 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Chris, Ronnie|
|Birth Name||Ronald Walken|
|Place Of Birth||Astoria, Queens, New York|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Famous For||Won an Oscar Award for The Deer Hunter|
|Brothers||Kenneth and Glenn|
|Debut Television Show/Series||The Wonderful John Acton|
|Debut Movie||The Anderson Tapes|
|Awards||Academy Award, BAFTA Award, Scree Actors Guild Award|
|Height||1.83 (6 ft)|
|Weight||172 lbs (78 kg)|
|Body Type||Slim and Balanced|
|Eye Color||Has sectoral heterochromia with patches of brown on one eye|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Married Date||January 1969|
|Residence||Weston, Connecticut and Rhode Island|
|Source of Wealth||Acting|
|Net Worth||$50 million|
Christopher Walken is an American veteran actor. Having started his acting career as a child actor in the 1950s, he started his career as an adult working in theaters. As of today, he has spent over seven decades in the entertainment industry and has appeared in over 100 movies and tv shows to date. For his work, he has won numerous awards including an Oscar award for Best Supporting Actor for The Deer Hunter. He has also earned numerous award nominations. He has also starred in numerous stage productions. He is also a director and screenwriter.
What is Christopher Walken Famous For?
- Won an Oscar Award for The Deer Hunter.
Where is Christopher Walken From?
Christopher Walken was born on 31 March 1943. His birth name is Ronald Walken. His birth place is in Astoria, Queens, New York in the United States. He holds American nationality. He was born to his father, Paul Walken, and his mother, Rosalie Russell. He has two brothers, Kenneth and Glenn. he belongs to the white ethnicity and he was raised Methodist. His zodiac sign is Aries.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Hofstra University for a year.
Christopher Walken Career
- Christopher Walken had the taste of showbiz at an early age. He and his brothers were child actors on television in the 1950s.
- He had the role of Kevin Acton in The Wonderful John Acton in 1953.
- His early appearances on television inspired him to pursue acting.
- He left university after he landed the role of Clayton Dutch Miller in an off-Broadway revival of Best Food Forward.
- He starred in theater and television roles in his early career.
- He made his feature film debut with a small role in the 1971 film, The Anderson Tapes.
- He went on to appear in more than 100 movies and tv shows in his career.
- In the 1970s, he starred in The Happiness Cage, Valley Forge, Next Stop, Greenwich Village, Annie Hall, Roseland, The Patrick Haggerty Story, The Sentinel Shoot the Sun Down, The Deer Hunter, and Last Embrace.
- He won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in the 1978 film, The Deer Hunter. He was also nominated for Golden Globe Award and BAFTA Award for his work.
- In the 1980s, he starred in The Dogs of War, Pennies from Heaven, Brainstorm, The Dead Zone, A View to a Kill, At Close Range, Deadline, Biloxi Blues, Homeboy, Puss in Boots, The Milagro Beanfield War, and Communion.
- In the 1990s, he starred in King of New York, The Comfort of Strangers, All-American Murder, McBain, Batman Returns, Day of Atonement, Mistress, True Romance, Wayne's World 2, A Business Affair, Pulp Fiction, Nick of Time, Search and Destroy, The Addiction, The Prophecy, Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead, Wild Side, Basquiat, Celluloide, Last Man Standing, The Funeral, Excess Baggage, Mouse Hunt, Suicide Kings, Touch, Antz, Illuminata, New Rose Hotel, The Prophecy II, Trance, Blast from the Past, Kiss Toledo Goodbye, Sleepy Hollow, and The Opportunists.
- He was nominated for Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor - Miniseries or Movie for the 1991 Hallmark Hall of Fame film, Sarah, Plain and Tall.
- In the 2010s, he starred in The Prophecy 3: The Ascent, America's Sweethearts, Joe Dirt, Scotland, PA, The Affair of the Necklace, Catch Me If You Can, Poolhall Junkies, Jungle Juice, The Country Bears, Undertaking Betty, Gigli, Kangaroo Jack, The Rundown, Around the Bend, Envy, Man on Fire, The Stepford Wives, Domino, Romance & Cigarettes, Wedding Crashers, Click, Fade to Black, Man of the Year, Balls of Fury, Hairspray, Five Dollars a Day, and The Maiden Heist.
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for Catch Me If You Can. He won BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role and Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Male Supporting Actor - Motion Picture for the role.
- In the 2010s, he starred in Dark Horse, Kill the Irishman, A Late Quartet, Seven Psychopaths, Stand Up Guys, Gods Behaving Badly, The Power of Few, Jersey Boys, Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser, One More Time, The Family Fang, Eddie the Eagle, Nine Lives, The Jungle Book, Father Figures, Irreplaceable You, and The Jesus Rolls.
- In 2020, he starred in Percy, The War with Grandpa, and Wild Mountain Thyme.
- He made his directorial debut with the 2001 short film, Popcorn Shrimp. It was also his debut in screenwriting.
- He wrote and played the lead role in the 1995 play, Him about his idol Elvis Presley.
- He has also starred in numerous television films in his career, most notably in The Outlaws (2021) and Severance (2022).
- In theater, he is known for playing the lead in the Shakespeare plays, Hamlet, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, and Coriolanus.
- He has starred in several other theater productions.
Who is Christopher Walken Wife?
Christopher Walken is a married man. He is married to Georgianne Thon. The couple first met during his tour of West Side Story in 1963. They tied a knot with each other in January 1969. They do not have any children. They have a cat named Bowtie. They previously had a cat named Flapjack.
He has a residence in Weston, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.
What is Christopher Walken Height?
Christopher Walken stands at the height of 1.83 m i.e. 6 feet tall. He has a body weight of 172 lbs i.e. 78 kg. He has a slim and balanced body build. He has sectoral heterochromia with one eye with patches of brown. His hair color is light brown.
His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Christopher Walken Net Worth?
Christopher Walken is a veteran actor, who has already spent over seven decades in the entertainment industry and has starred in over 100 movies, tv shows, and theater plays. His films have grossed over $1.8 billion in the United States alone. He has spent the majority of his career in the industry and made his fortune from it. At present, his net worth is estimated at $50 million.
Trivias About Christopher Walken You Need To Know.
- He was named after actor Ronald Colman.
- He changed his name to Christopher at the suggestion of Monique van Vooren in 1964.
- As a teenager, he grew up idolizing Elvis Presley and started to imitate Presley's looks.
- He has starred in numerous music videos.
- He has hosted Saturday Night Live seven times.
- Empire magazine named him one of "Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time".
- He is known for rarely refusing movie roles.
- In 2001, he won American Comedy Award for Funniest Male Guest Appearance in a TV Series for appearing in Saturday Night Live.
- There were false rumors about him running for president in 2006.
- He is not active on social media.
- He bought Muhammad Ali's boxing shorts for $40 at an auction in 1972.
- He quit smoking in his late 30s.