Last updated on February 8th, 2021 at 02:39 pm
Facts About Ciara
|Age||37 Years Old|
|Nick Name||The first Lady of Crunk, The Princess, Princess of Crunk & B, Ci Ci|
|Birth Name||Ciara Princess Harris|
|Profession||Singer , Singer|
|Place Of Birth||Austin, Texas, U.S.|
|Home Town||Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.|
|Famous For||Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Model, Actress|
|Education||Riverdale High School|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Bra Cup Size||34B|
|Chest Size||34 inches|
|Waist Size||24 inches|
|Hip Size||35 inches|
|Shoe Size||10 (US)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Black (Naturally)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Net Worth||$25 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Ciara is a Grammy award-winning American singer, record producer, songwriter, and actress. She started hogging the limelight after the release of her debut song and album, both titled Goodies. She became part of the girl group Hearsay during her teens and when the group disbanded, she embarked on a solo music career.
While working on different projects as a songwriter, she met music producer Jazze Pha who helped her sign a record contract with LaFace Records. Her debut single Goodies became a sensational hit commercially and critically, topping the US Billboard Hot 100 chart for seven weeks and reaching atop the UK Singles Chart. She then released her debut album bearing the same title. The album became a grand success, earning her two Grammy Award nominations. Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Ciara known for?
- An American singer, songwriter, dancer, and model.
When was Ciara born?
Recalling her early life, Ciara was born in Austin, Texas, the USA to her parents; Jakie and Carlton Harris. She is the only child of her parents. As a child of army person, she spent most of her childhood on different the United States naval bases, including; New York, Utah, and Germany. Her family finally settled in Atlanta. She joined a girl group Hearsay for a short period in her teenage. After that, she wrote songs for different artists, and at that point, she decided to pursue her career in music.
Similarly, she is Ameican by nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity. Her birth sign is Scorpio. Further, she completed her graduation from Riverdale High School in Riverdale, Georgia in the year 2003.
When did Ciara begin her singing career?
- Following her graduation, she signed a record contract with LaFace Records with the help of Pha. On June 8th, 2004, LaFace Records released her debut single Goodies which served as the lead single of her first studio album. The song, which was co-written by Craig Love, Jefferson, LeMarquis, and Sean Garrett and produced by Lil Jon, featured American rapper, Petey Pablo.
- The single received appreciation from the critics and topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart for seven weeks. It was the first time since 1977 that a debut single by a female singer had achieved such a feat.
- The song also topped US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart, US Rhythmic Top 40 chart, and the UK Singles Chart. It also earned her the title First Lady or Princess of Crunk&B.
- On September 28th, 2004, her debut studio album Goodies was released through Sho'nuff Records and LaFace Records. The concept of the album came from her debut song Goodies which was developed as a female crunk counterpart to Yeah!, a song by the popular American singer Usher.
- The album was a commercial success, debuting at #3 on the US Billboard 200 chart. It also had a 71-week run on the chart. It climbed atop the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. It received 3 x Platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- Apart from the title track, Goodies spawned three other singles, namely 1, 2 Step, Oh, and And I.
- 1, 2 Step, which released on October 23rd, 2004, featured popular American rapper, Missy Elliott. It peaked at #5 on US Billboard Hot 100 and topped the US Billboard Pop 100 and US Billboard Mainstream Top 40 charts. It was certified platinum by RIAA and ARIA and gold by RMNZ.
- 1, 2 Step also earned a nomination for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration at the 48th Annual Grammy Awards.
- She was featured in Missy Elliott’s hit single Lose Control along with Fatman Scoop. The song, which released on May 27th, 2005, won her the Grammy Award for Best Short Form Music Video and the Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul or Rap Dance Cut along with Elliott and Scoop in 2006.
- She stepped into the world of acting with the May 23rd, 2006, released sport/drama film All You've Got, which was produced by MTV Studios. Her other big-screen endeavors include Mama, I Want to Sing! (2012) and That’s My Boy (2012).
- Her second studio album Ciara: The Evolution released on December 5th, 2006, and became her first album to top the US Billboard 200 chart. It also topped the U.S. Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and received platinum certification from RIAA.
- Singles from Ciara: The Evolution include Get Up, Promise, Like a Boy, and Can't Leave 'em Alone. Of these, Get Up, which released as the album's international lead single on July 25th, 2006, was used in the 2006 film Step Up.
- Meanwhile, she embarked on The Evolution Tour to promote the album Ciara: The Evolution in October 2006 which marked her first headlining tour. Other headlining tours of Ciara include the Screamfest '07 with T.I. (2007), the Jay-Z & Ciara Live concert tour with Jay-Z (2009) and the Jackie Tour in 2015.
- Her achievements as a recording artist earned her Woman of the Year award at the annual ‘Billboard Women in Music’ event held by Billboard in October 2008.
- On May 3rd, 2009, she released her third studio album Fantasy Ride which debuted at #3 on US Billboard 200 and peaked at #9 on the UK Albums Chart. Although it became her first album to reach the top ten of the UK Albums Chart, it garnered less success than her first two albums.
- The song Love Sex Magic from Fantasy Ride, featuring American recording artist Justin Timberlake, released as the album’s lead single internationally and earned her a Grammy Award nomination under the Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals category.
- She embarked into television in 2009 with the American reality television series America's Next Top Model and then went on to appear in other series, including Idols South Africa (2012), The Game (2013), I Can Do That (2015), and Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn (2015).
- She was featured in several magazine spreads following her multimillion-dollar deal with ‘Wilhelmina Models’ in 2009.
- Her fourth studio album Basic Instinct released on December 10th, 2010, and met with little success. The following year, she signed a new record deal with Epic Records.
- She released her eponymous fifth studio album on July 5th, 2013 through Epic Records. It debuted at #2 on the US Billboard 200 chart, becoming her fourth album to reach the top three positions of the chart.
- On May 1st, 2015, she released her sixth studio album, Jackie, through Sony Music Entertainment. It debuted at #17 on the US Billboard 200 chart. However, it experienced the lowest first-week sales compared to her previous five albums, selling only 20,000 copies.
- It was announced on May 12th, 2016, that IMG has signed a modeling contract with her. Later that year, she became a global brand ambassador for Revlon.
- She co-hosted the Billboard Music Awards in 2016 along with American hip hop recording artist and actor Ludacris.
- Her seventh studio album Beauty Marks released on May 10th, 2019, and debuted at number 87 on the US Billboard 200 chart, making it her lowest ranking album to date. The album received mixed reviews and includes singles, such as Level Up, Freak Me, Dose, Greatest Love, and Thinkin Bout You.
Who is Ciara married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Ciara was married to Russell Wilson, an American football quarterback player in 2016. The pair welcome their child, a daughter in 2017. Currently, she lives a blissful life with her husband and children.
Previously, he was also engaged to the Future in 2013. But after a year, they have separated their ways. However, she has a son with the Future.
What is Ciara's net worth?
Being a singer and model, Ciara earns an impressive amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $25 million at present. However, her salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Ciara?
Observing her body physics, Ciara stands a height of 5 feet 8 inches and weighs around 62 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of dark brown eyes and her hair color is naturally black. However, she changes her hair from time to time. Further, her body measures 34-24-35 inches. Her shoe size is 10 (US) and dress size is 4 (US).
Trivias About Ciara You Need To Know.
- Ciara is an American singer, songwriter, record producer and actress.
- 4. She was named after the Revlon fragrance “Ciara” which was introduced in 1973 and is still sold today.
- One day she saw Destiny's Child perform on TV and decided that that was what she was going to do.
- Was accompanied by Shad Moss to the MTV Video Music Awards in 2005.