Last updated on March 17th, 2021 at 12:57 pm
Facts About Cliff Simon
|Celebrated Name||Cliff Simon|
|Age||60 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Cliff Simon|
|Birth Name||Cliff Simon|
|Profession||Actor , Swimmer|
|Place Of Birth||Johannesburg|
|Birth Nation||South African|
|University||University of Houston and Southern Methodist University in Texas|
|Net Worth||In Millions of Dollars|
|Source of Wealth||Acting Career|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
|Death Date||9th March 2021|
|Cause Of Death||Kiteboarding Accident in Topanga|
A South-African athlete, as well as an actor who is famous for his portrayal of Ba'al in 'Stargate SG-1', was named for Cliff Simon. By the age of 15, he reached a national level in South Africa in both swimming and gymnastics. Then, he focused on swimming. Also, he entered the air force where he continued his swimming and achieved the highest athletic award given in the air force, the Victor Ludorum. He made his debut TV show in "Egoli: Place of Gold" as a guest appearance. Furthermore, he appeared in Operation Delta Force 5: Random Fire-Austin (2000), Nash Bridges, Undercovers, NCIS: Los Angeles, The Americans, NCIS: New Orleans, Castle. He lastly appeared in a non-fiction series "Into the Unknown" which premiered on 24th February 2020. Sadly, he left this world on 9th March 2021.
Actor Cliff Simon Dies At 58
Cliff Simon, a South African actor who rose to prominence playing the long-running villain Ba’al on "Stargate SG-1," died March 9 in an accident while kitesurfing, his wife announced Thursday. "He was an amazing and much-loved brother, uncle, nephew, cousin, and friend," Simon’s family says in a statement. "To Friends, family, and fans, it is with unimaginable heartbreak that I am sharing with you, that my beloved husband, Cliff Simon, passed away at 12:30 pm on Tuesday, March 9, 2021. He was at Topanga Beach, California, and sadly passed away after a tragic kiteboarding accident. He was known to most of you on this page as the villain you loved to hate, Ba’al, from Stargate SG-1. But as he said, "acting is what I do, it’s only a part of who I am," his wife wrote in the message, posted to Simon's Facebook account.
- Being a South African Athlete and Actor.
- For his appearance as Ba'al in 'Stargate SG-1'.
What was the Cause of Death of Cliff Simon?
On 9th March 2021, Cliff Simon dies at 58. His cause of death was a kiteboarding accident in Topanga, California.
What was the Birthplace of Cliff Simon?
On 7th September 1962, Cliff Simon took birth in Johannesburg, South Africa. He was South-African by nationality however, his race was White. His ethnicity was Mixed. He lastly celebrated his 58th birthday as of 2020. He was born as the fourth child to her parent; Emmanuelle (father) and Phylis Simon (mother). Thus, he had three siblings. By profession, his mother is a swimming teacher who taught him from a very young age. By the age of six, he began to show talent as a gymnast. Both her parents are of Jewish ancestry from Poland and Lithuania. His religion was Jewish and his Zodiac sign is Virgo. As a child, he aspired to be the first South African swimmer to win an Olympic Gold medal. by the age of fifteen, he started focusing on swimming.
About his educational qualification, Simon completed his schooling in the year 1975 and was chosen to swim in the British International squad. He also competed in Olympic trials and qualified for the 1984 Summer Olympics in LA. The University of Houston and Southern Methodist University in Texas offered him scholarships and trained with the United States swimming team, the Mustangs. During his time in South Africa, he entered the air force where he continued his swimming and he gained the highest athletic award in the air force, the Victor Ludorum.
How was the career of Cliff Simon?
- Initially, Simon took the job of teaching windsurfing and waterskiing at a resort hotel in the year 1982.
- Then, as a dancer, he performed all over the world in various stage productions as well as a performer at the world-famous Moulin Rouge, Paris in the year 1989.
- Returning to South Africa, he took up a career as an actor and studied drama.
- He began appearing in ramp, print, and TV commercials as well. Later, he rose to fame as a model when he was asked to enter the Mr. South Africa talent.
- Entering as a model, he won the competition in the year 1992 and he was offered an audition on a successful television series, "Egoli: Place of Gold".
- Moving to Los Angeles, he landed a guest star role with Don Johnson on the hit TV series, "Nash Bridges".
- He also appeared in the Stargate movie "Stargate: Continuum" in the year 2008.
- Additionally, he was seen in a video as Ba'al for the conservation group "Sea Shepherd" in the year 2015.
- He also played a supporting role in the sci-fi/thriller "Project Eden" in July 2015.
- He presented the travelogue documentary "Uncharted Mysteries (Into the Unknown)" in the year 2019 which premiered on The History Channel in the U.K. on 24th February 2020.
Who was Cliff Simon married to?
Cliff Simon is a married man. He tied the knot to his longtime girlfriend turned wife, whose name goes by Colette Simon in the year 1997 in a game lodge in South Africa. Prior to his death, he was enjoying his life happily with his wife. There are no details about his kids/children. The family was residing in the USA. The duo had been together for 27 years as of 2020. His sexual orientation was straight and he was not gay.
What was the Net Worth and Salary of Cliff Simon?
South African actor and athlete, Cliff Simon's net worth is estimated to have millions of dollars. Whereas his salary is still a mystery. His major source of wealth comes from his acting career and he was living a cool lifestyle back to his death.
How tall was Cliff Simon?
Athletic bodybuilder, Cliff Simon stands tall at a perfect height of 1.75 m, and his balanced weight consists of 76 KG. He has salt and pepper hair with brown eyes color.
Trivias About Cliff Simon You Need To Know.
- By the age of 15, Cliff reached a national level in South Africa in both swimming and gymnastics.
- He entered the air force where he continued his swimming and achieved the highest athletic award given in the air force, the Victor Ludorum.
- He made his debut TV show in "Egoli: Place of Gold" as guest appearance.
- He lastly appeared in a non-fiction series "Into the Unknown" which premiered on 24th February 2020.
- He was born as the fourth child to her parent; Emmanuelle (father) and Phylis Simon (mother).