Last updated on August 23rd, 2023 at 12:56 pm
Facts About Clinton Portis
|41 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Gainesville High School
|College / University
|Will Add Soon
|Will Add Soon
|5 feet 11 inches
|Will Add Soon
|Chaz and Camdin
A former American football running back who played in the National Football League (NFL) for nine seasons is named for Clinton Portis. He was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the second round of the 2002 NFL Draft. He played college football for the University of Miami.
Clinton Portis Turns Self In Fraud Charges
Portis and several other retired NFL players are accused of trying to squeeze money from the NFL players' health reimbursement account plan. Former Redskin running back Clinton Portis turned himself into authorities in western North Carolina on Friday in a federal fraud case, but a judge agreed to release him until his next hearing. He has been ordered to appear in Kentucky for the next proceeding in the case. However, the conditions under which he was released are sealed by the court. Other former NFL players, including former Redskin Carlos Rogers, are also expected in a Kentucky courtroom on Jan. 2 to be formally charged. The participants in the scheme stole more than $3.9 million and treated the health care plan "like their own personal ATM," Assistant Attorney General Brian Benczkowski said at a news conference Thursday.
- Being the starting running back for the Washington Redskins for seven seasons, in which he gained an average of 81.2 yards rushing per game, for which a select panel of celebrities included him as one of the 80 Greatest Redskins.
Where was Clinton Portis born?
On 1st September 1981, Clinton Portis was born in Laurel, Mississippi, the USA. His nationality is American and his ethnic group is Mixed. He attended Gainesville High School and later he went to Miami College. As of 2019, he celebrated his 28th birthday with his friends. More information regarding his parents, siblings, early life will be added soon. His religion is Christian.
How was the Football Career of Clinton Portis?
- Clinton played football from the University of Miami where he played for the Miami Hurricanes football team.
- He became just the second true freshman to start at running back since the 1975 season.
- He set a school freshman record with five 100-yard performances and led the team with 838 yards and eight touchdowns on 143 carries (5.9 avg.) in 10 games.
- He also caught four passes for 44 yards (11.0 avg.) and 2 touchdowns.
- His sophomore season was not as successful as he lost his job to James Jackson and rushed for 485 yards and two touchdowns on 77 carries (6.3 avg.) in eight games.
- In the Rose Bowl against Nebraska, he ran for 104 yards and a touchdown.
- On 10th April 2014, he was inducted into the UM Sports Hall of Fame.
- He was drafted by the Denver Broncos with the 51st overall pick in the second round of the 2002 NFL Draft.
- He rushed for over 1,500 yards in each of his first two seasons with the Broncos, averaging 5.5 yards per carry in that span.
- Later, the Broncos traded Portis to the Redskins for cornerback Champ Bailey and a second-round draft pick in the 2004 NFL Draft which the Broncos used to select Tatum Bell.
- The Redskins signed Portis to an eight-year contract worth $50.5 million.
- In the 2004 season, he had to adjust to coach Joe Gibbs' style of running.
- The adjustment was made rougher by an offensive line that was depleted mainly due to injuries.
- He finished 2004 with 1,315 yards for a 3.8-yard rushing average.
- On a 14-yard run against the Philadelphia Eagles on 1st January 2006, he broke the Redskins' franchise record for the most rushing yards in a season with 1,516 yards and tied the most 100+ yard games in a season (5).
- He agreed to guarantee Portis' 2008-2009 and a large portion of his 2010 base salaries in March.
- He also made several appearances in TV commercials for Easterns Automotive Group, a local car dealership group on the DC and Baltimore areas, alongside Jason Campbell, Antwaan Randle El, and Chris Cooley.
- He fell just short of what would have been his fourth 1500 yard rushing season in seven years, finishing with 1487 yards and an average of 4.3 yards per carrying in his 2008 season.
- He suffered a concussion during a Week 9 game versus the Atlanta Falcons.
- The hit caused Portis to lose consciousness and leave the game and he missed four consecutive games with concussion-like symptoms.
- He was officially placed on the injured reserve on 8th December.
- He played only five games and tallied only 227 yards rushing throughout the 2010 season.
- He was released by the Redskins after failed contract re-negotiations and repeated injuries on 28th February 2011.
- Later, he announced his retirement on 21st August 2012.
- He was 77 yards short of the 10,000 yards rushing mark, making him 27th all-time rusher he ranked in top 20 running backs of all time.
- He officially retired on August 23 and during the press conference, it was announced that he made it into the list of the 80 Greatest Redskins of All-Time.
- He admitted to having suffered 10 concussions after his retirement.
- He joined former players such as Daunte Culpepper, Cadillac Williams and Art Monk in a civil lawsuit against NFL over concussion and head injuries in 2013.
- In December 2019, Portis was named as one of ten former NFL players accused of defrauding the league's health program by filing a total of $3.9 million in false claims.
Is Clinton Portis married?
Clinton Portis's marital status is unknown. As he is 38 years old, he must surely be married. But as of now, there is no more information about his wife. Moreover, he is the father of two sons, Chaz and Camdin. He is very secretive to share information about his personal life to the media. Overall, the duo must be living a happy life without any disturbances with their children.
What is the Net Worth of Clinton Portis in 2019?
Clinton Portis's net worth is around $5 Millon in debt as he declared bankruptcy in the year 2015. Moreover, his financial losses are caused by is extravagant spending habits and bad choices on investment. was the highest-paid running back in 2004 when he signed an 8 year 50 million dollars deal with Washington Redskins. His exact salary as of 2019 is under review but there is no doubt in the mind of his follower that he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his work.
How tall is Clinton Portis?
Clinton Portis is a very handsome person with perfect height matching with his body weight. He has a tall height of 5 feet 11 inches. His balanced weight consists of 219 lbs. His other body measurements will be added soon as it has not been revealed by any sources it. His body build is athletic. His short hair color is black and his eye color is dark brown. He has got a very charming smile attracting a lot of people towards him.