Clive Owen - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Married, Wife, Family, Parents, Awards, Nationality, Ethnicity, Height, Weight, Facts, Career, TV Shows, Daughters
Clive Owen is a talented English actor who first gained recognition in the United Kingdom for playing the lead role in the ITV series "Chancer" from 1990 to 1991. He was also cast as the lead in the HBO series "The Knick", earning a 2015 Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor. Owen has experimented with many forms and genres of acting like romance, thriller, comedy, horror, etc. His role as Ernest Hemingway in the 2012 HBO film "Hemingway & Gellhorn" also earned him a Primetime Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie. Clive first gained notice in the movie "Vroom" in 1988, in which he played Jake. Additionally, he starred in a psychological romance horror miniseries "Lisey's Story" and also portrayed President Bill Clinton in the third season of "American Crime Story" in 2021.
- Being an English actor.
- For playing the lead role in the ITV series "Chancer" from 1990 to 1991.
Where is Clive Owen from?
Clive Owen took birth on 3rd October 1964 in Coventry, Warwickshire, England. He is British by nationality and British-white by ethnicity. Similarly, his religious belief is in the Christian religion. Clive's present age is 57 which he recently celebrated in 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Libra. Thus, his race is white. He is the fourth of five sons born to Pamela Owen (mother) and Jess Owen (father). His father, a country and western singer, left the family when Owen was three years old, and despite a brief reconciliation when Owen was 19, the two have remained estranged. Raised by his mother and stepfather, a railway ticket clerk, he has described his childhood as "rough".
Talking about Clive's education, he graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
What does Clive Owen do for a living?
- Clive Owen kicks off his career starring as Gideon Sarn in a BBC production of "Precious Bane" in 1998 after which he was seen as the lead role in the ITV series "Chancer" in 1990.
- Then he appeared in "My Eyes" (1991) and subsequently starred in "The Magician", "Class of '61", "Century", "Nobody's Children", "An Evening with Gary Lineker", "Doomsday Gun", "Return of the Native", and many others.
- He appeared in his first major Hollywood film "The Rich Man's Wife" in 1996 and played the title role of a struggling writer in "Croupier".
- He was seen as an accident-prone driver in "Split Second" in 1999 which was his first BBC production in about a decade.
- He starred in "The Echo", a BBC1 drama as well as he appeared in the BBC1 mystery series "Second Sight". In 2001, he provided the voice-over for "Walk On By", a BBC2 documentary about popular music.
- He gained much fame in North America in the summer of 2001 after starring as "The Driver" in "The Hire".
- He also appeared in the Royal National Theatre debut of the hit play "Closer" and he spoofed the Bond connection by making an appearance in the remake of "The Pink Panther" in 2006 in which he plays a character named "Nigel Boswell, Agent 006".
- Likewise, he has starred in several films and TV series such as "Elizabeth: The Golden Age", "The International" (2009), "Hemingway & Gellhorn", "Intruders", "Blood Ties", and many others.
- Owen played the lead in "The Boys Are Back" as well as he played the lead in "Shadow Dancer".
- As well, he made his Broadway debut in a revival of Harold Pinter's "Old Times" at the American Airlines Theatre in 2015 and he was selected to be on the jury for the main competition section of the 2016 Berlin Film Festival.
- Later he returned to Broadway as Rene Gallimard in a revival of David Henry Hwang's "M. Butterfly" at the Cort Theatre in New York City in October 2017.
- He starred as the defrocked Reverend T. Lawrence Shannon in the West End theatre production of Tennessee Williams' "The Night of the Iguana" at the Noel Coward Theatre in 2019 and in the following year, he played Dovidl Rapaport in "The Song of Names".
- Furthermore, Clive is playing Bill Clinton in the miniseries "Impeachment: American Crime Story" in 2021.
Awards and Achievements
- Critics' Choice Award, Best Acting Ensemble
- Florida Film Critics Circle Award, Best Ensemble Cast
- Online Film Critics Society Award, Best Ensemble
- Satellite Award, Best Ensemble in a Motion Picture
- Screen Actors Guild Award, Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Motion Picture
- Award Circuit Community Award, Best Supporting Actor
- National Board of Review Award, Best Acting by an Ensemble
- New York Film Critics Circle Award, Best Supporting Actor
- Central Ohio Film Critics Association Award, Actor of the Year
- Golden Camera Award, Best International Actor
- Satellite Award, Best Lead Actor in a Series - Drama
Who is Clive Owen Wife?
Clive Owen is a married actor. He tied a knot with an actress Sarah-Jane Fenton who is best known for her roles in movies "The Tall Guy" (1989), "A Good Man in Africa" (1994), and "The Bachelor" (1990). The pair got married in March 1995. They raise two children together - Hannah Owen, born in 1997, and Eve Own, born in 1999. Eve is also a singer and songwriter. In a 2007 interview, Clive spoke about his relationship with Sarah. He said: "My relationship is everything to me. I'm often doing incredibly exciting plays and films, but that would mean nothing if I were floating around and didn't have a solid family behind me. Sarah-Jane is an absolute diamond." Reflecting Owen's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Clive Owen Net Worth?
Clive Owen has a net worth of $30 million as of 2021. He has also a handsome amount of salary which is around $352,800 per year. He has appeared in a TV commercial for BMW and Bulgari Man perfume from where he gains a fine amount of money. Clive has been in the film industry for quite a long time. He has no doubt amassed a huge fortune with the bulk of his wealth coming from his professional acting career.
What is the Height of Clive Owen?
Clive Owen is a handsome actor who stands at a tall height of 6 ft 2 in or 188 cm with a balanced bodyweight of 192 lbs or 87 kg. He has dark brown hair and gray eyes color. His heart-warming smile, his entire demeanor, and his gradual escalating popularity in the industry make him the perfect catch. In addition, Clive's body build type is average.
Trivias About Clive Owen You Need To Know.
- Clive graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts with fellow actors Liza Tarbuck, Rebecca Pidgeon and Mark Womack.
- His role as Ernest Hemingway in the 2012 HBO film Hemingway & Gellhorn earned him a Primetime Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie.
- When Clive was 3, his father left the family.
- He was raised by his mother and his stepfather who was a railway ticket clerk.
- Owen stated that at a young age, his life was pretty rough.