Colbie Caillat - Bio, Net Worth, Songs, Age, Height, Facts, Parents
Colbie Caillat is an American singer-songwriter who is known for her albums titled Coco (2007), Breakthrough (2009), All of You (2011), and more. Her debut album titled Coco was released on July 17, 2007, in the USA via Universal Republic Records. She sold about 2,100,000 copies of the album in the U.S., out of which 51,000 copies were sold in the first week only. The album hit #5 position on Billboard 200 and was certified as 2x Platinum. She rose to fame through the social networking website Myspace. From 2018 to 2020, she was a member of the country music group Gone West. She has sold over six million albums worldwide and over 10 million singles during her career timeline. She debuted with the 2008 film Três Irmãs as herself. In 2009, she appeared in an episode of late-night live television sketch comedy Saturday Night Live in episode 14 of season 34.
What is Colbie Caillat Famous For?
- Being a singer and songwriter.
- For her hit singles such as “Bubbly” and “Realize”, “Lucky”.
Where is Colbie Caillat originally from?
Colbie Caillat took birth on 28th May 1985. She is from Malibu, California, the USA. Her birth name is Colbie Marie Caillat. Her father, Ken Caillat, co-produced Fleetwood Mac's Rumours (1977), Tusk (1979), and Mirage (1982) albums. When she was an infant, her parents gave her the nickname "Coco", which she would later name her debut album. The name of her mother is Diane Leineke. She also has a sister named Morgan Anne Caillat. She holds American nationality and her ethnicity is Mixed. She may be non-religious and her zodiac sign is Gemini. She celebrated her 37th birthday as of 2022. About her education, she graduated from Thousand Oaks High School in Thousand Oaks, California. She took piano lessons as a child. Later, she realized that she wanted to be a singer, and began taking vocal lessons, performing onstage for the first time in sixth grade. Further, she has covered the Roberta Flack song "Killing Me Softly", which had previously been covered by Lauryn Hill, and Hill's own "Tell Him". She auditioned for American Idol but was rejected at the pre-audition stage and was unable to sing for the judges.
Colbie Caillat Career Timeline
- Colbie Caillat released her first album "Coco" on 10th July 2007. The album was certified 2× Platinum by the RIAA with shipments to U.S. retailers of 2,000,000 units. The album included the singles "Bubbly", "Realize", " The Little Things", "Somethin' Special (Beijing Olympic Mix)".
- On 20th November, she released the Christmas song "Mistletoe" which peaked at number 75 on Billboard Hot 100.
- She has been involved in the soundtrack of the movie Imagine That.
- She is also featured in Colombian singer Juanes' album La vida... es un ratico (en vivo) in the song "Hoy Me Voy".
- She provided background vocals for and co-wrote Taylor Swift's song "Breathe", on her album, Fearless.
- She released a duet with Jason Mraz, called "Lucky", on his album, We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things" in 2009.
- Her second album, "Breakthrough", was released in August 2009. The album debuted at number-one on the US Billboard 200 chart, with first-week sales of 106,000 copies, becoming her first album to debut at the top and an improvement of the first week sales of her debut album Coco (2007), which started at number five with only 51,000 copies.
- Her third album, All of You, was released on July 6, 2011.
- She completed a Christmas album titled "Christmas in the Sand" that was released on October 23, 2012.
- The fourth album, Gypsy Heart, was released on 30th September. The album debuted at No. 17 on the Billboard 200 for the chart dated October 18, 2014, with 16,000 copies sold in the first week. The album has sold 91,000 copies in the United States as of October 2016.
- During the fall of 2016, she undertook an acoustic tour for her new album, "The Malibu Sessions".
- In 2018, she formed a band called "Gone West" with her fiancé Justin Young, longtime collaborator Jason Reeves, and his wife Nelly Joy. The group debuted at the Grand Ole Opry on October 26, 2018. Gone West signed with the label Grayscale Entertainment.
- On August 12, 2020, she announced on Instagram the band had broken up.
Awards & Achievements
- Won Billboard Music Awards in 2008
- Won BMI Pop Awards in 2009
- Won BMI Pop Awards in 2016
- Won Grammy Awards in 2010
How much is Colbie Caillat Net Worth?
Colbie Caillat is a talented singer and songwriter whose net worth is estimated to have $9 Million as of 2022. Releasing many songs and albums, she has made this fortune. His main source of wealth comes from the music industry and she is satisfied with her earnings. Her annual salary is still to get unfolded yet. She did advertisements for American Cotton Producers and Importers, Apple, and Overstock. As a social person, she supports various non-profit organizations. Some of them are Wish Upon A Hero, MusiCares, Earth’s Call Fund, the Humane Society of the United States, WE Charity, etc. Today, she is living a lavish lifestyle from her earnings.
Is Colbie Caillat married?
Colbie Caillat is not married yet and she is still to get married. She is assumed to be single at present. She is focusing on her career at present. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Regarding her past affairs, she dated Troy Dudley, Jason Mraz (2008), and Justin Young (2009-2020). She also got engaged to Justin Young in May 2015.
How tall is Colbie Caillat?
Colbie Caillat has a perfect height of 5 ft 8.5 in. Her body weight consists of 58 kg. She has blonde hair and her eyes are green in color. She has a body measurement of 34-26-35 inches and wears a shoe size of 9 US. Her body type is slim. Her bra size is 32B.
Trivias About Colbie Caillat You Need To Know.
- She is of French descent.
- She supports various charities including Farm Sanctuary, United Service Organizations, Wish Upon A Hero, MusiCares, Earth's Call Fund, the Humane Society of the United States, and WE Charity.
- In 2010, Caillat posed nude for the May issue of Allure magazine - alongside Emmanuelle Chriqui, Regina Hall, Kara DioGuardi, and Jessica Capshaw.
- She is an expert in Folk-pop, folk, pop, R&B music genres who teamed up with other artists such as Jason Mraz, Jason Reeves, Ryan Tedder, and Taylor Swift.
- She sang in American Idol two times but got rejected.
- She can play acoustic guitar, piano, plus ukulele.
- Her zodiac sign is Gemini.