Facts About Conan O'Brien
|60 Years Old
|Conan Christopher O'Brien
|Place Of Birth
|Brookline, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Brookline High School
|Thomas Francis O'B
|Jane O'Brien, Kate B. O'Brien
|6 feet 4 inches
|Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Conan O'Brien is an American comedian who has hosted several renowned comic talk shows in the past. In a career spanning 25 years, he has hosted shows such as Late Night and The Tonight Show and established a reputation as one of the funniest men on TV. At present, he is the longest-running talk show host in the United States. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Conan O'Brien known for?
- An American television host, comedian, writer, pod-caster, and producer.
When was Conan O'Brien born?
Recalling his early life, Conan was born as Conan Christopher O'Brien in Brook-line, Massachusetts in the year 1963. He was born to parents Thomas Francis O'Brien and Ruth O'Brien. His mother is a professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School and his father is a physician and epidemiologist.
Additionally, he has three brothers and two sisters. He developed a keen interest in acting and show business since his childhood years. He is of American nationality and belongs to the Irish ethnic background.
Where is Conan O'Brien educated?
Concerning his education, Conan attended Brook-line High School. Additionally, he attended Harvard University. There, he majored in American History.
Conan O'Brien Career Highlights
- After completing his graduation, Conan moved to Los Angeles to work as a writer for HBO’s Not Necessarily the News (1985). He also performed for the improvisational group The Groundings during this time.
- Finally, he found a job with the late-night comedy series Saturday Night Live and worked as its staff writer from 1988 to 1991. Some of the most memorable skits written by him for the show were Mr. Short-Term Memory; The Girl Watchers, which was performed by Tom Hanks; and Nude Beach.
- He co-wrote the pilot of the show Lookwell with Robert Smigel. It was broadcast on NBC in 1999. The pilot never made it to TV screens, but later became a super hit. Soon, O’Brien quit Saturday Night Live to explore other options.
- He decided to roam the streets of New York and wait for a big break. Finally, he was asked to join the hit animation series The Simpsons as a writer.
- He worked for The Simpsons from 1991 to 1993, becoming the supervising producer of the show from 1992 to 1993.
- In 1992, He was approached to produce Late Night with David Letterman, since Letterman was about to quit. O’Brien’s agent made it clear that Conan would rather perform than produce.
- He auditioned for the position of the host, and on April 26th, 1993, he was chosen as the new host of NBC’s late-night show, renamed as Late Night with Conan O’ Brien. The show premiered on September 13th, 1993, but received bad reviews. This made the show come close to being canceled.
- In 1994, David Letterman appeared on the show and made a lot of positive statements that encouraged the team to keep going. Steadily, He started connecting with the audience. By its last season, the show became one of the most amazing transformations that TV had ever witnessed.
- The show ran for 15 seasons after it was almost canceled due to a lack of viewership. By 2005, the show had garnered an average viewership of 2.5 million.
- The show aired its last episode on February 20th, 2009, with he ending the episode by using an ax to destroy the set. In 2009, He replaced Jay Leno as the host of The Tonight Show on NBC.
- However, the network’s undue politics and its decision to accommodate another comedy show (starring Jay Leno) with his show made he unhappy. He decided to quit the show after a year. The last episode of The Tonight Show with Conan aired on January 22nd, 2010.
- He was prohibited from making any kind of TV appearances for a while. During this time, he decided to start a 30-city live tour titled The Legally Prohibited from Being Funny on Television Tour from April 12th, 2010.
- Before starting his tour, He announced that he would host a new show, Conan, for TBS. The show debuted on November 8th, 2010, and was extended till 2022.
- He co-wrote the pilot for the show Andy Barker, P.I. He was also one of the executive producers of the show. The show was canceled even was after being named as one of the Top Ten Shows of 2007 by ‘Entertainment Weekly.
Who is Conan O'Brien married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Conan was initially in a relationship with actress Lisa Kudrow. The pair were together from 1988 to 1993. Additionally, he dated Lynn Kaplan from 1994 to 1999.
Currently, he is a married man. He is married to Liza Powel O'Brien. The pair met in 2000 at his talk show. After dating for 18 months, the couple married on 12th January 2002. The wedding ceremony took place in Seattle. They have two children from this marriage, Neve and Beckett O'Brien.
How much is Conan O'Brien's worth?
Being a TV host, writer, and comedian, Conan earns an impressive amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $95 million and his salary is somewhere around $12 million at present. However, his assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Conan O'Brien?
Observing his body statistics, Conan stands a height of 6 feet 4 inches and weighs around 90 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of blue eyes and reddish hair color. Further, his other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Conan O'Brien You Need To Know.
- His favorite episode of The Simpsons (1989) is "Marge vs. the Monorail".
- Graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University, with a BA in American History & Literature.
- The name of his production company, Conaco, was chosen to echo the name of petroleum company Conoco.
- Once shared an apartment with comedian/actor Jeff Garlin in Chicago across from Wrigley Field before both of them made it big.