Facts About Connor McDavid
|26 Years Old
|Connor Andrew McDavid
|Ice Hockey Player
|Place Of Birth
|Richmond Hill, Ontario
|Source of Wealth
|6 feet 1 inches
Connor McDavid is a Canadian ice hockey player. He currently plays for the Edmonton Oilers of the National Hockey League (NHL). He plays as the captain of the team. The Oilers selected him first overall in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. He started playing hockey in his childhood. Coached by his father, McDavid won four Ontario Minor Hockey Association championships with the York Simcoe Express, but he left the team in 2011 to join the Toronto Marlboros of the Greater Toronto Hockey League (GTHL). His OHL career concluded with a 2014–15 season in which he recorded 120 points and received a number of OHL and Canadian Hockey League (CHL) awards, including the Red Tilson Trophy, Wayne Gretzky 99 Award, and CHL Player of the Year awards. McDavid also represented Canada at several international competitions during this time, winning gold medals at the 2013 IIHF World U18 Championships and 2015 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships. Moreover, he is a four-time NHL First Team All-Star, a four-time recipient of the Art Ross Trophy, a three-time winner of the Ted Lindsay Award, and one of only two players to unanimously win the Hart Memorial Trophy. He is considered one of the best players in the NHL by other players, fans, and journalists. He is nicknamed Canadian Super Promise, Connie, Connor McHockey, M’David, McFluff, McJesus, McSaviour, The Chosen One, and The Next Sidney Crosby.
What is Connor McDavid Famous For?
- Being a professional ice hockey player.
- Representing for the Edmonton Oilers (2015–2016-Present) in the National Hockey League (NHL).
- Regarded as one of the greatest players of his generation and was made the captain of the team in October 2016, the then youngest captain in NHL history.
- For being included in the ‘NHL All-Star Game’ for 4 years in a row (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020).
What is Connor McDavid Nationality?
Connor McDavid was born with the birth name of Connor Andrew McDavid on January 13, 1997, in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada. His nationality is Canadian and he is of Irish-American ethnicity. He is the son of Brian McDavid (father) and Kelly McDavid (mother). His mother Kelly played one year of recreational ice hockey as a child before turning her attention towards skiing, while his father Brian was a high school ice hockey player and dedicated Boston Bruins fan. He has an older brother named Cameron McDavid. His horoscope sign is Capricorn and his religion is Christian. His present age is 25 as of 2022. About his education, he attended Boston University, a private research university in Massachusetts, and played for the Boston University Terriers ice hockey team. He later decided to not move to the United States and instead play in the developmental OHL (Ontario Hockey League), one of the three major junior ice hockey leagues which constitute the Canadian Hockey League. He began playing hockey at the age of three. As a child, he was coached by his father at the York-Simcoe Express, a team in Aurora, Ontario. He won four Ontario Minor Hockey Association championships with the York Simcoe Express. In 2009, McDavid participated in the Quebec International Pee-Wee Hockey Tournament with his York Simcoe team, which also featured future professional ice hockey player Sam Bennett. He won the GTHL Player of the Year Award in 2012 after scoring 33 goals and recording 39 assists in 33 regular-season games. He received the Tim Adams Memorial Trophy as the tournament MVP, McDavid's team was defeated 2–1 in the OHL Cup final by the Mississauga Rebels.
Connor McDavid Career Timeline
- Initially, he played NCAA Division I hockey.
- He was allowed to enter the junior hockey draft at the age of 15.
- On 7th April 2012, the Erie Otters selected him first overall in the 2012 OHL Priority Selection, and he signed with the team that June.
- He was the recipient of the 2012 Jack Ferguson Award.
- He joined the Otters for the 2012–13 season. There, he scored his first OHL goal on September 21, in an 8–2 loss to the London Knights.
- He finished his rookie season with 25 goals and 41 assists in 63 regular-season games.
- He was also a finalist for CHL Rookie of the Year, a title which ultimately went to Valentin Zykov of the Baie-Comeau Drakkar.
- He opened the 2013–14 season with 25 points in their first 15 games, including a 10-game winning streak.
- He finished the regular season fourth in the OHL with 99 points (28 goals and 71 assists) in 56 games.
- The Otters named McDavid their captain for the 2014–15 season during training camp.
- He had 285 points in his career with the Otters, 24 fewer than franchise leader Brad Boyes, and led the franchise with 188 assists.
- The Edmonton Oilers of the National Hockey League (NHL), selected McDavid first overall in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.
- On 3rd July 2015, he signed a three-year, entry-level contract with the team; the total deal was worth $11.3 million, including up to $3.775 million annually in bonus incentives.
- He made his NHL debut on October 9, 2015.
- On 3rd November, he suffered a fractured left clavicle.
- At 19 years and 266 days old, McDavid became the youngest captain in NHL history, unseating Gabriel Landeskog, who was 20 days older when he became captain of the Colorado Avalanche in 2012.
- On July 5, 2017, he signed an eight-year, $100 million contract extension with the Oilers, which went into effect at the beginning of the 2018–19 season.
- On 6th April 2019, the final game of the Oilers' regular season, he crashed into the Calgary Flames' net at a velocity of over 40 km/h (25 mph), slamming his left knee into the post.
- He made his fourth All-Star Game appearance in 2020 as captain of the Pacific Division.
- In the second game of the 2020–21 season, McDavid scored the first hat-trick of any player that year as the Oilers won 5–2 against the Vancouver Canucks.
- He began the 2021–22 season on a 17-game point streak, which came to an end on November 23, 2021, in a 4–1 loss to the Dallas Stars.
- He was once again selected as the captain of the Pacific Division team at the 2022 NHL All-Star Game.
How much is Connor McDavid Net Worth?
Connor McDavid is a talented ice hockey player with a net worth of $30 Million as of 2022. His main source of wealth comes from his hockey career. Besides this, he is also involved in various endorsements and sponsorships, contributing a decent amount to his wealth. As per sources, in the 2019-2020 seasons, he earned a salary of $15 million. According to Forbes, he also earned $3.5 million in sponsorships, making him the highest-paid NHL player in 2019-20. In the 2020-2021 seasons, McDavid received $13 million in compensation per his contract, with $12 million paid as a bonus before the season to protect himself from a possible lockout. He is living a lavish lifestyle from his earnings. Her salary is in millions of dollars from her profession. He also has an 8000-square-foot mansion in Edmonton. The home includes a basketball court, an extensive wine bar, and a variety of opulent furnishings.
Who is Connor McDavid Girlfriend?
Connor McDavid is not married yet but he is currently in a relationship with her beautiful girlfriend, Lauren Kyle. Connor started dating interior designer Lauren Kyle in 2016. In November 2020, pictures of a house in Edmonton that the couple had conceptualized and designed together had gone viral on social media. The photographs were originally published in July 2020 in Edify, an Edmonton-based magazine. They are spotted together in public places being cozy. Connor and Lauren met for the first time at a mutual friend’s birthday celebration. Then they began conversing with one another, which piqued their interest, and they eventually fell in love. She is frequently seen cheering for her boyfriend at his NHL games. His sexual orientation is straight.
Is Connor McDavid Cheating Lauren Kyle?
Recently in a video surfaced on the internet, McDavid was holding hands with some woman who isn’t his girlfriend. The possibly hammered (maybe, highly likely) McDavid walks hand-to-hand with a brunette who is definitely not Connor’s girlfriend Lauren Kyle because Ms. Kyle is a blonde, and hockey Twitter is 100% that woman is not the girlfriend who was by Connor’s side as the Oilers saw their season come to an end at the hands of the Colorado Avalanche via a sweep in the Western Conference Finals. It’s horrible for McDavid’s girlfriend if this is news to her. Connor McDavid has not stated anything about it.
How tall is Connor McDavid?
Connor McDavid has a height of 6 feet 1 inch and his weight consist of 88 kg or 194 lbs. His hair color is golden brown and his eye color is green. He has an affable smile. He has a toned physique with short-cropped wavy hair. His other body size is still to get disclosed yet. His body type is athletic.
Trivias About Connor McDavid You Need To Know.
- Capricorn is his Zodiac sign.
- His born name is Connor Andrew McDavid.
- He was picked 1st overall by the Edmonton Oilers in the 2015 NHL Draft.
- He spent his childhood playing ice hockey against older children.
- He has an older brother named Cameron McDavid.