Craig David - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Dating, Family, Height, Album, Wiki
Craig David is a British singer, songwriter, rapper, DJ, and record producer who rose to fame in 1999, featuring on the single "Re-Rewind" by Artful Dodger. His debut studio album, "Born to Do It", was released in 2000, which was followed by the next six studio albums. He has 20 UK Top 40 singles, and seven UK Top 40 albums, selling over 15,000,000 records worldwide as a solo artist. He is also an avid supporter of Southampton F.C., his hometown football team. On 24 March 2010 (World Tuberculosis Day), the World Health Organization appointed Craig David as a Goodwill Ambassador against tuberculosis. Recently, he appeared as one of the judges on the new talent show "Walk the Line" in 2021.
What is Craig David Famous For?
- Being a singer-songwriter, rapper, DJ, and record producer.
- Being featured on the single "Re-Rewind" by Artful Dodger in 1999.
Who is Craig David Ethnicity?
Craig David took birth with the born name of Craig Ashley David on 5th May 1981. He was born in Southampton, Hampshire, England. He is the son of Tina (née Loftus), a retail assistant at Superdrug, and George David, a carpenter. He grew up in the Holyrood estate. His father is Afro-Grenadian and his mother is Anglo-Jewish and related to the founders of the Accurist watch-making company; his maternal grandfather was an Orthodox Jew and his maternal grandmother a convert to Judaism. His parents separated when he was eight and he was brought up by his mother. He is Judaism by religion and his sun sign is Taurus. He holds British nationality and his ethnicity is multiracial. His present age is 41. He attended Bellemoor School and then Southampton City College. He was bullied by other students at school. Due to this, he even wrote and released the song "Johnny" in 2005 about his memories of being bullied. His father played bass in a reggae band called Ebony Rockers. As a teen, he began accompanying his father to local dance clubs, where DJs let him take the microphone.
Craig David Career Timeline
- Initially, he worked on a B-side to British group Damage's cover of "Wonderful Tonight", on the track "I'm Ready".
- Next, he did vocals for the English garage duo Artful Dodger, on tracks such as "Something" and "What Ya Gonna Do".
- Wildstar Records, the label's co-owner, Colin Lester offered him a development deal with his label and promoted the contract to an album deal to him.
- His first single, "Fill Me In", released on Colin Lester's and Ian McAndrew's Wildstar Records, topped the UK chart and was the first of a string of four top 10 singles from his debut album "Born to Do It", which eventually sold more than 8 million copies worldwide, earning multi-platinum status in more than 20 countries.
- His debut album "Born to Do It" was released in the United States on 17th July 2001, peaking at number 11 on the Billboard 200 chart and selling over 1 million copies.
- His next album, "Slicker Than Your Average", was released in 2002. According to the RIAA, Slicker Than Your Average was certified Gold in the U.S.
- The album was leaked onto the internet prior to its official release but David was not too bothered as he feels it "spreads the word".
- He later signed on with Warner Music and put together his third album, "The Story Goes...", which was released worldwide in August 2005.
- In the year 2007, he collaborated with British rapper Kano on his album "London Town", for the single "This Is the Girl".
- The first single from his album Trust Me, "Hot Stuff (Let's Dance)", was released on 5 November 2007.
- His fourth studio album "Trust Me" was released on 7th November 2007.
- He released his first Greatest Hits album on 24th November 2008.
- From February to April 2009, he toured Russia, and the Far East and performed one show in Los Angeles as part of a Greatest Hits tour.
- His next album "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours" was released on 29th March 2010.
- On 2nd October 2009, he revealed to his fans via Twitter and his website that he had signed a new record deal with Universal Motown.
- On 20th May 2010, he appeared as a co-host on The Morning Show in Australia.
- In January 2013, he announced on Twitter that he had signed a publishing deal with Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG).
- He made a surprise appearance on The X Factor on 13 December 2015.
- On 25th January 2016, it was announced that Craig David had signed a recording contract with Insanity Records.
- His sixth studio album, "Following My Intuition" was released on 30th September 2016 and debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart, giving David his first number-one album since his debut, Born to Do It, reached the top spot in 2000.
- His seventh studio album, "The Time Is Now", was released in January 2018.
- Next, he signed with the independent as a solo artist in order to record his new album "22" (due to be released in 2022).
- In 2021, he appeared as one of the judges on the new talent show "Walk the Line".
Awards and Achievements
- Appointed as MBE in recognition of his services to music as per the Queen’s New Year Honours List
- Received his award at Windsor Castle on 15 December 2021
- Nominated for fourteen Brit Awards: five times for Best British Male, and twice received a Grammy Award nomination for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance.
Who is Craig David Girlfriend?
Craig David is not married yet and he is assumed to be single at present. He is currently focusing on his career rather than being in a relationship. His sexual orientation is heterosexual.
Previously, he dated Willa Ford, Sofia Vergara (2003), and Aída Yéspica (2004-2006).
How much is Craig David Net Worth?
Craig David is a successful singer and songwriter. The net worth of Craig David is estimated to have $18 Million as of 2022. His main source of wealth is from the music industry and he is living a lavish lifestyle at present. His exact salary is still to get disclosed yet. He has made this net worth through releasing several songs, albums, ticket sales, concerts, endorsement deals, and more.
How tall is Craig David?
Craig David is a handsome singer. He has a slim body type standing at the height of 5 ft 11½ in or 182 cm. His body weight consists of 78 kg or 172 lbs. His hair color is dark brown and his eye color is also the same. He sports a crop-top hairstyle. Overall, he has got a healthy body at present.
Trivias About Craig David You Need To Know.
- His debut studio album, "Born to Do It", was released in 2000.
- He is an avid supporter of his hometown football team Southampton FC.
- Craig is of Grenadian descent on his father’s side and Anglo-Jewish descent on his mother’s side.
- He is represented by Gary Howard of the United Talent Agency.
- Craig Ashley David is his real name.