Cristina Neagu - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Age, Family, Facts, Height
Cristina Neagu is a Romanian professional handballer. Her playing position is left-back. Currently, she is playing for CSM București and the Romanian national team. She is the only female handball player in history to win four IHF World Player of the Year awards (in 2010, 2015, 2016, and 2018). In addition, she won the EHF Player of the Year award in 2017 and 2018 (a record). She has been selected to the All-EHF Champions League All-Star Team seven times (2015–18 and 2020–22). Moreover, she is the European Championship's all-time leader in goals scored (264).
What is Cristina Neagu Famous For?
- Being a professional handballer.
- Playing for CSM București and the Romanian national team.
What is Cristina Neagu Nationality?
Cristina Neagu was born on 26th August 1988. She is from Bucharest, Romania. She grew up in the Ghencea district. Her birth name is Cristina Georgiana Neagu. She is the daughter of Vasilica and Constantin Neagu. She was born as the youngest of three siblings. Her sister's name are Ioana and Andreea. She celebrated her 33rd birthday as of 2021. She holds Romanian nationality and her ethnicity is Romanian-White. Virgo is her zodiac sign and her religion is Christian. Maria Covaci, a local middle school coach, introduced her to handball when she was 12 years old.
Cristina Neagu Career Timeline
- Romanian handballer, Cristina faced many injuries during her career.
- In the 2010–11 season, her right shoulder cartilage was damaged. On 10th October 2012, she returned to play in the Romanian Women's Handball League at 605 days (approximately 1 year and 7 months) after injury and after she received long-term treatment in the United States.
- She again got seriously injured during a training session in January 2013 and she was out for six months after undergoing surgery on the left knee for ruptured cruciate ligaments.
- After nearly two-and-a-half years of injuries, she again reached the final stage of the Champions League, this time in 2014 with Montenegrin side Budućnost.
- On 21st December 2014, she was awarded the best left-back of the 2014 European Championship.
- She got nominated for the IHF World Player of the Year Award but lost to Eduarda Amorim being named the second-best player in the world with 25.8% of the votes.
- In 2015, she won her first Champions League trophy after an outstanding season, topping the goalscorers list alongside Andrea Penezić and being voted the best left-back of the competition.
- She was named MVP player at the 2015 World Championship in Denmark, where she scored 63 goals – being the top goalscorer in the competition.
- Likewise, she reached the final stage of the Champions League three times (in 2010, 2014, and 2015).
- She has been a member of the European Championship All-Star Team three times (2010, 2014, and 2016).
- Not only this but also, but she also received a bronze medal at the 2010 European Championship, being also the top scorer of the competition and having the most assists.
- A bad injury sidelined Neagu once again in the final main round match against Hungary at the 2018 European Championship when she was in a commanding position to finish as top scorer.
- She tore her ACL and had to undergo surgery on her right knee.
Awards and Achievements
Romanian National League:
- Winner: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2018, 2021
- Silver Medalist: 2007, 2008, 2019
- Winner: 2011, 2018, 2019, 2022
- Finalist: 2007, 2020, 2021
- Winner: 2011, 2017, 2019, 2022
- Finalist: 2007, 2018, 2020, 2021
- Winner: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Winner: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
EHF Champions League:
- Winner: 2015
- Finalist: 2010, 2014
- Third place: 2009, 2012, 2013, 2018
EHF Cup Winners' Cup:
- Finalist: 2008
- Bronze Medalist: 2015
- Bronze Medalist: 2010
World Youth Championship:
- Bronze Medalist: 2006
European Youth Championship:
- Silver Medalist: 2005
European Junior Championship:
- Bronze Medalist: 2007
- 4× IHF World Player of the Year: 2010, 2015, 2016, 2018
- IHF World Rookie of the Year: 2009
- World Championship Most Valuable Player: 2015
- World Championship Top Scorer: 2015
- World Championship All-Star Team Left Back: 2015
- World Youth Championship Most Valuable Player: 2006
- 2× EHF Player of the Year: 2017, 2018
- European Championship All-Time Top Scorer (264 goals)
- European Championship Top Scorer: 2010
- European Championship Most Assists: 2010
- 3× European Championship All-Star Team Left Back: 2010, 2014, 2016
- European Youth Championship Most Valuable Player: 2005
- European Junior Championship All-Star Team Left Back: 2007
- Cup Winners' Cup Top Scorer: 2008
- 3× Champions League Top Scorer: 2015, 2018, 2022
- 7× Champions League All-Star Team Left Back: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2022
- 6× Romanian Player of the Year: 2009, 2010, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Romanian Sportsperson of the Year: 2015
- Brașov County Sportsperson of the Year: 2008
- Most Valuable Player of the Liga Națională: 2020
- 3× Liga Națională Best Romanian Player: 2017, 2018, 2019
- Cupa României Final Four Most Valuable Player: 2018
- 3× Pro Sport Most Valuable Player of the Liga Națională: 2018, 2020 2021
- 3× Pro Sport All-Star Team Left Back of the Liga Națională: 2018, 2020 2021
- 3× Handball-Planet World Player of the Year: 2015, 2016, 2018
- 6× Handball-Planet All-Star Team Left Back: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020
- TV 2 Norway World Player of the Year: 2018
- TV 2 Norway All-Star Team Left Back: 2018
- TV 2 Norway All-Star Team Left Back of the European Championship: 2018
- 2× World Cup Most Valuable Player: 2009, 2010
- 2× Carpathian Trophy Most Valuable Player: 2017, 2018
- 2× Carpathian Trophy Top Scorer: 2006, 2015
- 2× Bucharest Trophy All-Star Team Left Back: 2014, 2015
Who is Cristina Neagu Husband?
Cristina Neagu is not married yet and she is still to get married yet. But it seems she is currently in a relationship that results in a son namely Hugo. She has not spoken anything about her personal life details. Today, she is enjoying her present life happily with her son. Her sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Cristina Neagu Net Worth?
Cristina is one of the successful handball players who is making a cool amount of money from her work. The net worth of Cristina is estimated to have between in the range of $1 Million - $5 Million. Her main source of wealth comes from the handball profession. Her salary is in thousands of dollars which is still to get revealed yet.
How tall is Cristina Neagu?
Neagu is a beautiful lady with a charming personality. She stands at the height of 5 feet 11 inches or 1.80 m. His balanced body weight consists of 69 Kg or 151 lbs. Her body type is athletic. Her other body size detail is still to get revealed yet. She frequently does exercise to maintain her body.
Trivias About Cristina Neagu You Need To Know.
- Neagu is a huge football fan and a big supporter of local team Steaua București, and attends their matches at the Arena Națională stadium.
- She was the 2015 World Championship top-scorer and was named MVP of the tournament.
- She finished as the top scorer of the EHF Champions League in the 2014–15, 2017–18 and 2021–22 seasons.
- She was given the award of Cetățean de onoare ("Honorary Citizen") of the city of Bucharest in 2017.