Last updated on April 6th, 2022 at 04:32 pm
Facts About Cyle Larin
|Celebrated Name||Cyle Larin|
|Age||28 Years Old|
|Nick Name||The Silent Giant|
|Birth Name||Cyle Christopher Larin|
|Place Of Birth||Brampton, Ontario, Canada|
|School||St. Edmund Campion Secondary School|
|University||University of Connecticut|
|Awards||2015 MLS Rookie of the Year Award.|
|Height||6 ft. 2 inches|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Net Worth||$1 Million-$5 Million|
Cyle Christopher Larin is a Canadian professional football player who plays for Super Lig club Besiktas and the Canada national team as a forward. He played college soccer for the UConn Huskies and then joined Orland City after being a first pick in the 2015 MLS SuperDraft. In his first MLS season, he broke the record for most goals by a rookie, scoring 17 in 27 games and earning the MLS Rookie of the Year Award. He totaled 89 games and scored 44 goals in all the competitions for Orlando City. On 15 January 2018, he joined Besiktas for an undisclosed fee. He made his debut for the club on 7 April 2018. On 5 July 2019, he was loaned to Belgian club Zulte Waregem for the 2019-20 season where he made 33 appearances for the club, scoring 9 goals and providing 11 assists in all the competitions.
On the international level, he has represented Canada ta various age levels. He has represented Canada at U20 and the senior level. He made his senior international team debut for Canada on 23 May 2014. He has represented Canada at the CONCACAF Gold Cup in 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2021, reaching the semi-finals at the last of those tournaments. He was the top scorer with 13 goals in the CONCACAF section of the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification, as Canada qualified for the first time since 1986. Since his debut, he has obtained 50 caps and scored 24 goals for Canada as with 24 goals, he is the team's all-time top goalscorer.
What is Cyle Larin Famous For?
- Being a Canadian professional football player.
- Being Canada’s all-time top goalscorer.
- For playing as a forward for Super Lig club Besiktas.
- Won the 2020-21 Super Lig with Besiktas.
- Won the 2020-21 Turkish Cup with Besiktas.
- Won the 2021 Turkish Super Cup with Besiktas.
- Won the 2015 MLS Rookie of the Year Award.
Where is Cyle Larin From?
Cyle Larin was born on 17 April 1995. His birthplace is Brampton, Ontario, Canada. His birth name is Cyle Christopher Larin. He holds Canadian nationality and he belongs to mixed ethnicity. Likewise, his religion is Christianity and as per his birth date, his zodiac sign is Aries. He was born to a Jamaican family. His mother’s name is Patricia Larin and his father’s name has not been disclosed yet. He attended St. Edmund Campion Secondary School and enrolled at the University of Connecticut.
Cyle Larin Club Career
- He started his youth career with Brampton Youth in 2005 and played there for one season.
- In 2007, at the age of 11, he joined the private soccer academy Sigma FC of the Ontario Soccer League before graduating in 2013.
- During his time at Sigma FC, he travelled to Europe for training periods with Werder Bremen, Hertha Berlin, and Wolfsburg in Germany, as well as Racing Genk and Club Brugge in Belgium twice.
- In 2013, he committed to the University of Connecticut. During his first year with the Huskies, he scored 14 goals in 23 appearances, the 6th highest goal total in the entire NCAA for the season. His performance during his freshman year earned him multiple honours including Freshman of the Year by TopDrawerSoccer.com and being named to the American Athletic Conference All-Rookie Team.
- In January 2014, he was touted as one of the best players available in the 2014 MLS SuperDraft. However, he did not sign a Generation Adidas with Major League Soccer before the draft and was named the No. 2 best college player available in 2015 if he opted to sign with the league.
- In 2014, during the college offseason, he rejoined Sigma FC as they entered the newly formed League1 Ontario. During the season, he scored four goals for the club as Sigma FC reached the League 1 Ontario Cup final before ultimately losing 1-2 to Vaughan Azzurri.
- Following the 2014 Major League Soccer regular season and during his sophomore season at UConn, he was once again predicted to be the No. 1 pick in the upcoming 2015 MLS SuperDraft if he opted to sign with the league and not for a European club, which were also rumoured to be interested in the player. At that time, Orlando City SC held the No. 1 pick in the draft after selecting it in the Expansion Draft held between themselves and fellow expansion club New York City FC.
- On 8 January 2015, it was officially announced that he had signed a Generation Adidas contract with the league, along with four other players.
- At the 2015 MLS SuperDraft, he was selected by Orlando City SC as the first overall pick as expected, becoming the first Canadian ever chosen first overall in the MLS SuperDraft in the process. He made his debut for the club on 22 March 2015 in a 1-0 loss against Vancouver Whitecaps FC at the Citrus Bowl. On 2 April 2015, he scored his first professional goal in a 2-0 away win against the Portland Timbers. On 23 July 2015, he scored in his Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup debut as Orlando was defeated 1-3 by Chicago Fire in the quarterfinals. On 26 July 2015, he scored his first professional hat-trick in an MLS fixture in a 5-3 loss against New York City FC as with the hat-trick, he became only the 8th rookie to score three goals in an MLS match and only the third player to do so for an expansion side. He also became the third Canadian to score three goals in a match, along with Dwayne De Rosario and Tesho Akindele, and the second-youngest player to do so behind only Kekuta Manneh, who was 18 at the time of his first MLS hat-trick. He was named MLS Player of the Week for his efforts. On 2 August 2015, he scored two more goals as the club defeated Columbus Crew SC 5-2, tying him with Damani Ralph’s rookie record of eleven goals. On 25 September 2015, he scored his second hat-trick of the season in a 5-2 win against the Red Bulls, and in the process, broke the rookie goal-scoring record. In his first season, he made 28 appearances for the club, scoring 18 goals and providing 1 assist in all the competitions as he won the 2015 MLS Rookie of the Year Award that season.
- During his 2015-16 season, he made 33 appearances for the club, scoring 14 goals and providing 4 assists in all the competitions as he was selected for the 2016 MLS All-Star Game in San Jose, California, coming on in place of Sebastian Giovinco for the final 14 minutes of a 2-1 loss to England's Arsenal.
- During his 2016-17 season, he made 28 appearances for the club, scoring 12 goals and providing 3 assists in all the competitions as he indicated a desire to move to Europe in the offseason.
- From 2015 to 2017, he totaled 89 games and scored 44 goals in all the competitions for Orlando City.
- On 15 January 2018, he joined Besiktas for an undisclosed fee. On 7 April 2018, he scored on his debut for the club in a 5-1 win against Goztepe. In the last game of the season on 19 May 2018, he scored his first hat-trick for the club in a 5-1 win over Sivasspor at Vodafone Park. In his first season, he made only 4 appearances for the club, scoring 4 goals in all the competitions.
- On 2 August 2018, he scored a hat-trick in a 6-0 win (8-0 aggregate) against the Faroese side B36 Torshavn in the second leg of the second qualifying round of the 2018-19 UEFA Europa League as this made him the second player after Demba Ba to bag a hat-trick for the Black Eagles in a European competition. During that season, he made 22 appearances for the club, scoring 4 goals and providing 2 assists in all the competitions.
- After a difficult 2018-19 with Besiktas, on 5 July 2019, he was loaned to Belgian club Zulte Waregem for the 2019-20 season where he made 33 appearances for the club, scoring 9 goals and providing 11 assists in all the competitions.
- After his return to Besiktas from a loan, on 25 August 2020, he scored his first goal of the season in a 3-1 loss against PAOK Salonika in the second round of the UEFA Champions League qualifying. On 9 November 2020, he was sent off in a 4-3 home win against Istanbul rivals Fenerbahce. The following January 6, he scored four times in a 6-0 win over Caykur Rizespor at Vodafone Park and repeated the feat in a 7-0 win over Hatayspor on 1 May 2021. During his 2020-21 season, he made 45 appearances for the club, scoring 23 goals and providing 6 assists in all the competitions as Besiktas won the Super Lig and Turkish Cup that season. Additionally, he is also joint-second top scorer with 19 goals, behind Aaron Boupendza and alongside Mame Biram Diouf, both of Hatayspor.
Cyle Larin International Career
- He has represented Canada ta various age levels.
- He has represented Canada at U20 and the senior level.
- He made his senior international team debut for Canada on 23 May 2014 in a 1-1 friendly draw against Bulgaria.
- On 31 March 2015, he scored his first international goal for Canada in a 3-0 friendly win against Puerto Rico.
- He has represented Canada at the CONCACAF Gold Cup in 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2021, reaching the semi-finals at the last of those tournaments.
- On 26 March 2021, he scored his first hat-trick for Canada in a 5-1 win over Bermuda in the team’s first 2022 World Cup qualifying match.
- On 16 November 2021, he tied Dwayne De Rosario's record for most goals for Canada (22), scoring twice in a 2-1 home win over Mexico in 2022 World Cup qualifying, a team Canada had not beaten for 21 years.
- On 30 January 2022, he scored the opening goal of a 2-0 home win in a qualifier against the United States, surpassing De Rosario's record and becoming the all-time top goalscorer for Canada.
- On 27 March 2022, he opened the scoring in a 4-0 win over Jamaica as the Canadians made the World Cup for the first time since 1986. Additionally, he also finished the qualification campaign with 13 goals, the highest in the CONCACAF region.
- Since his debut, he has obtained 50 caps and scored 24 goals for Canada as with 24 goals, he is the team's all-time top goalscorer.
Is Cyle Larin Single or Dating?
Looking at his personal life, the footballer is focusing on his professional career. He is very much private about his relationship status. He might be dating a beautiful girl at present or might be single. He has not shared any pictures of himself with any girls on his social media accounts. As of 2022, he is believed to be single. Any updates on his love life will be updated here.
How tall is Cyle Larin?
Cyle Larin stands at a height of 1.88m i.e. 6 feet and 2 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 90kg. Moreover, he has an athletic body build. His eye color and hair color are black. His sexual orientation is straight. His other body measurement such as chest size, biceps size, and waist size is still got to get revealed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
What is the Net Worth of Cyle Larin?
Cyle Larin is a Canadian professional football player who currently plays for Super Lig club Besiktas. He is a very successful footballer and his major source of earnings is from his football career. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. As of 2022, his net worth is believed to be around $1 million-$5 million where he received £1.3 million as a yearly salary from his current club. His market value is around €11 million. With these massive earnings, he is living a luxurious lifestyle.
Trivias About Cyle Larin You Need To Know.
- He started playing football at the age of 10.
- He was born to a Jamaican family.
- He holds a U.S. green card which qualifies him as a domestic player for MLS roster purposes.
- In June 2017, he was arrested by Florida Highway Patrol for driving the wrong way on a 4-lane road in Orlando and given a breathalyzer test that showed that he was above the legal blood alcohol level. He was suspended from MLS until he completed a league-mandated substance abuse assessment, and this ban was lifted by the end of the month.
- As of 2022, he is currently Canada’s all-time top goalscorer with 24 goals.
- He wears shirt number 17 for Besiktas.