Daddy Yankee - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Family, Height, Albums, Kids
Ramon Luis Ayala Rodriguez is a Puerto Rican rapper, singer, and songwriter who is professionally known as Daddy Yankee. He is well recognized as the "King of Reggaeton" by music critics and fans alike. Yankee is the artist who coined the word "reggaeton" in 1994 to describe the new music genre that was emerging from Puerto Rico that synthesized American hip-hop, Latin Caribbean music, and Jamaican reggae rhythms with Spanish rapping and singing. He launched his career with his 2004 breakout single "Gasolina," part of his multi-platinum album Barrio Fino. He collaborated with Luis Fonsi on 2017's international phenomenon "Despacito." He wanted to play major league baseball, but he was seriously injured by a stray round of bullets that ruined his baseball career. In 2005, Daddy signed a deal between his label El Cartel and Interscope Records for $20 million and was named one of Time magazine's 100 Most Influential People in 2006. The company released his first commercially successful international album "Barrio Fino", which made him an international star after a decade of struggle. As of March 2022, Yankee has won 184 awards from 484 nominations. Additionally, he announced on 21st March 2022 that his seventh studio album "Legendaddy" is set for release on 24th March.
What is Daddy Yankee Famous For?
- Being a Puerto Rican rapper, singer and songwriter.
- For his 2004 breakout single "Gasolina".
Where is Daddy Yankee from?
Daddy Yankee stepped for the very first time into the world on 3rd February 1976 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. He was born with the real name of Ramon Luis Ayala Rodriguez in a Christian religious family. He holds Puerto Rican Nationality and he belongs to mixed ethnicity. Daddy recently celebrated his 46th birthday in the February of 2022 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Aquarius. Thus, his race is white. He is the son of Ramon Ayala Class (father) and Rosa Maria Rodriguez (mother). He also has two brothers named Melvin Ayala and Nomar Ayala.
Daddy Yankee Career Timeline
- Daddy Yankee began his music career starring on the 1994 DJ Playero's Mixtape, "Playero 34" after which his first official studio project as a solo artist was "No Mercy" was launched on 2nd April 1985.
- Yankee collaborated with the rapper Nas in 1997 for the album Boricua "Guerrero" as he released two compilation albums with original material: "El Cartel" (1997) and "El Cartel II" (2001).
- "El Cangri.com" became his first album with international success in 2002.
- He released a compilation album named "Los Homerun-es" in 2003 whereas he collaborated for the first time with the prestigious reggaeton producers Luny Tunes on the album "Mas Flow" in 2003.
- His next album, "Barrio Fino" was released in July 2004 after which he released "Barrio Fino en Directo" on 13th December 2005.
- "El Cartel: The Big Boss" was released by Interscope on 5th June 2007.
- He also appeared on the 2008 Rockstar Games' video game "Grand Theft Auto IV" as the DJ of Radio San Juan Sounds.
- His soundtrack album "Talento De Barrio" for the eponymous film was released on 17th August 2008 and the single, "Grito Mundial", was released on 8th October 2009, in order to promote his ninth album, "Mundial".
- His sixth studio album, "Prestige" was released on 11th September 2012 his mixtape entitled "King Daddy" was launched on 29th October 2013.
- Yankee, in collaboration with Latin pop singer Luis Fonsi, released the hit single "Despacito" in 2017 which became the first Spanish-language song to hit number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 since "Macarena" in 1996.
- As well, he released his first Latin trap singles with the song "Hielo" in early 2018 and released the 2019 single "Con Calma".
- Daddy announced on 21st March 2022 that his seventh studio album "Legendaddy" is set for release on 24th March.
- Apart from singing, has worked in the film industry as both an actor and producer as his acting debut was as an extra in the 2004 film "Vampiros".
- He played the main role, "Edgar Dinero", in "Talento de Barrio" and talked about a new movie production during an interview in Las Vegas in May 2013.
- During an interview in a radio station in January 2014, he announced the film, but he only mentioned that many reggaeton exponents would take part in it.
- According to Daddy, he had the boxer's support to film the movie, but it remained in nothing after Camacho's death on 24th November 2012. The film was due for release in 2015.
- The most recent of Yankee's non-music projects was the release of his game "Trylogy" which was presented at the New York Comic-Con and was released on 29th November 2013.
Awards and Achievements
- American Latino Media Arts Awards
- American Music Awards for his work in "Despacito"
- ASCAP Latin Awards for his work in "Limbo"
- Billboard Music Awards for his work in "Despacito"
- Billboard Latin Music Awards for his work in "Limbo"
- Casandra / Soberano Awards
- iHeartRadio Music Awards for his work in "Despacito"
- Latin American Music Awards
- Latin Grammy Awards for his work in "Despacito"
- Monitor Latino Music Awards for his work in "De Vuelta Pa' La Vuelta"
- NRJ Music Awards for his work in "Despacito"
- Tu Musica Urbana Awards for his work in "China"
Who is Daddy Yankee Wife?
Daddy Yankee is a married guy. He tied a knot with his pretty wife Mireddys Gonzalez. He stated that his marriage is strong because he and his wife are "friends above anything", and that he has tried to ignore other temptations because "weakness is the reason for the downfall of several artists". Daddy met his wife when they were little and at just 17 years old they decided to get married. His first daughter was born when he was seventeen years old, which he described as confusing at first, adding that raising a daughter at that age was a hard experience. He has another son, Jeremy, born in 1998, and another daughter, Jesaaelys, born in 1996. Talking about Daddy's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Daddy Yankee's Net Worth?
Daddy Yankee has a net worth of $40 million as of 2022. He also earns a fine amount of salary which is around $4 million per year. His $20 million contract with Interscope Records, and his Pepsi endorsement. He signed an endorsement contract with Reebok who launched a new clothing line named "DY." Yankee has earned a handsome amount of money from his career as his major source of income is from his rapper, singer, and songwriter career. Furthermore, he also donated $100,000 to the Food Bank of Puerto Rico after the devastation caused by Hurricane Maria in 2017. The money provided food to roughly 9,000 families on the island.
What is the Height of Daddy Yankee?
Daddy Yankee stands at an ideal height of 5 ft 7 in or 170 cm with a balanced bodyweight of 172 lbs or 78 kg. He has dark brown hair and eyes color. Daddy has inked several tattoos on his body which has attracted a lot of people towards him. Moreover, his body build type is average and his body measurements are 42-35-15.5 inches.
Trivias About Daddy Yankee You Need To Know.
- He wanted to play major league baseball, but he was seriously injured by a stray round of bullets that ruined his baseball career.
- In 2005, he signed a deal between his label El Cartel and Interscope Records for $20 million.
- He was named one of Time magazine's 100 Most Influential People in 2006.
- He has two daughters named Yamilette and Jesaeelys and one son named Jeremy.
- He launched his career with his 2004 breakout single "Gasolina," part of his multi-platinum album Barrio Fino.