Last updated on August 23rd, 2023 at 10:19 am
Facts About Dallas Keuchel
|35 Years Old
|United States of America
|Place Of Birth
|Bishop Kelley High School
|University of Arkansas
|6 feet 2 inches
|Source of Wealth
|Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Dallas Keuchel is a two-time All-Star baseball player for the Houston Astros. The left-handed pitcher, who won the World Series in 2017, was selected in the seventh round of the 2009 MLB Draft after playing college baseball for the University of Arkansas. Keuchel went on to make his major league baseball debut in 2012 before going to win three consecutive Gold Glove Awards and the coveted Cy Young Award. To learn more about the baseballer, read below.
Who are the parents of Dallas Keuchel?
Recalling his early life, Dallas Keuchel was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He was born to father Dennis Keuchel and mother Teresa Keuchel. His star sign is Capricorn. By nationality, he is an American and is of white ethnicity. He has a sister named Krista Keuchel.
Concerning his education, Keuchel enrolled at Bishop Kelley High School in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where he initially began his baseball career. Upon graduation, he joined the University of Arkansas and started playing college baseball for the Arkansas Razorbacks baseball team. During his freshman year, he recorded a 5.88 ERA and $.58 ERA in his second season. As a junior, he registered a 3.92 ERA.
When did Dallas Keuchel pursue his baseball career?
- In the 2009 MLB Draft, Dallas Keuchel was selected in the 7th round by the Houston Astros. He signed with Astros and began his professional career playing in the minor leagues with Tri-City ValleyCats, Lancaster JetHawks, Corpus Christi Hooks, and Oklahoma City RedHawks respectively for two years.
- In the 2012 season, Dallas started off playing with Oklahoma City. Then on 17th of July 2012, Keuchel made his MLB debut against the Texas Rangers. He finished the season with a 5.27 ERA playing in overall 16 games. The following season, he pitched to a 5.15 ERA.
- During the 2014 season, Keuchel set a 9-5 win-loss record with a 3.20 ERA at the All-Star break and was a finalist for the final American League player spot in the MLB All-Star Game. Further, he earned both the Fielding Bible Award and a Gold Glove Award.
- Keuchel was named American League’s Pitcher of the Month for April 2015. The following month, he was honored as the American League Pitcher. Also, he was selected for the American League roster in the 2015 MLB All-Star Game. His total record for the season was 20-8, and Keuchel had a 2.48 ERA with 216 strikeouts. Moreover, he was recipients of numerous awards and honors including the Warren Spahn Award, Gold Glove Award, Cy Young Award, and the Fielding Bible Award.
- After receiving the Cy Young Award, he became the third Astro to have that award after Mike Scott and Roger Clemens.
- In 2017, Keuchel again won the AL Pitcher of the Month Award in April, becoming the first Astros pitcher to win four. And, he joined Justin Verlander, Bartolo Colon, and Feliz Hermandez as an active pitcher who had won at least four.
- In 2018, Keuchel compiled a 12–11 record with a 3.74 ERA in a career-high 34 starts. He had the highest ground ball percentage among major league pitchers (53.7%), and the lowest fly ball percentage (24.4%). He also won his fourth Gold Glove. He became a free agent after the 2018 season.
Is Dallas Keuchel married?
Currently, Dallas Keuchel is involved in a romantic relationship with Mackenzie Valk who is a New York-based sales manager at Rawlings Golden Sport originally from Camp Hill Pennsylvania.
Despite a long-distance relationship, his lady, Valk often travels to see Dallas Play when she has free time. It seems that the duo is pretty serious in their relationship and might take their relationship next level someday.
What is Dallas Keuchel net worth?
As of 2019, his net worth is estimated to be around $18 million. While playing with the Houston Astros, his annual salary was $13.2 million in 2018. His total career earnings are reported to be $31,707,680 from salary so far.
Dallas Keuchel has earned his wealth widely through his professional baseball career. As per now, his main source of income is his basketball career as he has not disclosed information regarding any income-generating business of him.
Apart, he owns few lists of world luxury cars including Spyker C8, Range Rover, Mercedes Benz, Ferrari, and Lamborghini. Currently, he resides in a $2.1 million lavish mansion in Texas.
How tall is Dallas Keuchel?
Observing his body physics, Dallas stands a height 6 feet 2 inches and weighs around 200 lbs. He has black hair and brown hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.