Daniel Howell - Bio, Net Worth, Parents, Partner, Age, Facts, Career
Social media platforms are an amazing thing for those people who has a passion for doing something new in the digital world. But when you misuse it, it slowly destroys your life, you don't even have time to realize it. Today, we are going to talk about the person who has got fame, opportunity, money, and many more because of social media platforms. He is none other than Daniel Howell who began his YouTube career in 2009 and later become a radio host. Then after voiceover artist, actor, and content creator. He is also a co-founder of IRL Digital, Ltd which creates and sells the merchandise of various other media personalities. Currently, his official YouTube channel has 6.23 million subscribers who eagerly awaited her new videos which instantly increases her popularity in a second.
Besides that, he is also an author. During his career, he released three books which are listed below. To know more about him and his sexuality, you can read the below article.
What is Daniel Howell Famous For?
- An English social media personality, YouTuber, radio host, content creator, actor, presenter, voiceover artist, and author.
- Having hosted a couple of entertainment shows on BBC Radio 1.
Where is Daniel Howell from?
Daniel Howell was born in 1991 to his parents. Currently, he is 30 years old and his birthdate is June 11. He is from Wokingham, Berkshire, England, United Kingdom but he currently resides in London, England, United Kingdom. He holds British nationality and belongs to the White ethnicity. His birth sign is Gemini and his religious view is Atheism.
Similarly, he has a brother named Adrian Howell. However, his parent's details are yet to be disclosed. Further, he studied at The Forest School and he then enrolled at the University of Manchester in 2010 where he studied law. Later, he drops his studies to pursue his YouTube career.
When did Daniel Howell begin his YouTube Career?
- Daniel Howell started his YouTube career on October 16, 2009, by uploading a video titled "HELLO INTERNET" on YouTube. After that, he continually uploads videos to the site.
- He also has a second channel, danisnotinteresting where he has broadcast weekly hour-long live shows.
- He then collaborates with Phil Lester on a YouTube channel for My Damn Channel, entitled The Super Amazing Project where they investigated paranormal events.
- From 2010-to 11, they took part in ‘Stickaid’ a live Annual 24-hour internet broadcast to raise funds for charity in association with UNICEF.
- In 2012, he won the YouTube competition "SuperNote." He also wrote a blog for The Huffington Post about the creative process behind making his videos.
- In 2013, they started to present the entertainment show, ‘Dan and Phil’ on BBC Radio 1.
- The show won the Sony Golden Headphones Award in four months.
- They also presented the Teen Awards in 2013 and 2014.
- Later, they moved to a different show ‘The Internet Takeover' from 2014 to 2016.
- In 2014, they started a new gaming YouTube channel, DanandPhilGAMES which was officially the fastest growing channel on YouTube.
- The same year, he co-founded IRL Digital, Ltd with Phil Lester's brother Martyn.
- In 2015, they launched the new channel, DanandPhilCRAFTS on the occasion of April Fool where they upload a joke tutorial about creating ‘Square Snowflakes’ out of paper.
- The same year, they won the YouTube Silver Button Award in the summer of 2015 because of DanandPhilCRAFTS, a spin-off of the channel.
- They also launched an app named The 7 Second Challenge in 2015 however it was discontinued in 2019.
- In 2017, they released a party board game via Big Potato, Truth Bombs, also the brainchild of Lester.
- Besides that, he was involved in the film and TV industry as a voice and guest artist along with Phil Lester since 2013 and they continued until 2016. Here is a list of his voiced and appearing film and TV shows: Friday Download (2013), Brit Awards (2014-16), Big Hero 6 (2015), Oscar's Hotel for Fantastical Creatures (2015), The Supergamers (2016), and The Lion Guard (2016).
- The Amazing Book Is Not on Fire (2015), co-written with Phil Lester
- Dan and Phil Go Outside (2016), co-written with Phil Lester
- You Will Get Through This Night (2021)
What are the achievements of Daniel Howell?
During his successful career, he has been nominated for several awards and won some of them which are listed below.
- Shorty Awards (2013) - Best YouTube Star - Dan Howell - Nominated
- Sony Awards (2013) - Golden Headphones Award - Dan and Phil on BBC Radio 1 - Won
- Teen Choice Awards (2014) - Web Collaboration - The Photo Booth Challenge - Nominated
- Lovie Awards (2014) - Internet Video Person of the Year - Dan Howell - Won
- Shorty Awards (2016) - Best YouTube Ensemble - Dan and Phil - Nominated
- Summer in the City Awards (2016) - YouTuber Book of the Year - (with Phil Lester) The Amazing Book is Not on Fire - Won
- British Online Creator Awards (2016) - Film of the Year - (with Phil Lester) The Amazing Tour Is Not on Fire - Official Movie - Won
- British Online Creator Awards (2016) - Film of the Year - (With Phil Lester) Dan & Phil's Story of TATINOF - Nominated
- British Online Creator Awards (2016) - Collaboration of the Year - (with Phil Lester) Phil is not on fire 7 - Won
- British Online Creator Awards (2016) - (with Louise Pentland) Our Awkward Fancy Meal- Nominated
- British Online Creator Awards (2016) - Series of the Year - Internet Support Group - Nominated
- British Online Creator Awards (2016) - Best Use of Tech in a Video - The Dan and Phil 3D AUDIO EXPERIENCE - Nominated
- British Online Creator Awards (2016) - Creator of the Year - Dan Howell - Nominated
- Summer in the City Awards (2017) - Creator Book of the Year(with Phil Lester) Dan and Phil Go Outside - Nominated
Who is Daniel Howell dating?
Daniel Howell came out as queer and gay in 2019 through his YouTube channel by uploading a video titled 'Basically I’m Gay.' He has also said that he doesn’t “feel the need to use labels” and his long-term relationship with Phil Lester is revealed. They first met on the Internet in 2009 and have lived together since August 2011. Currently, the couple enjoying their love life happily.
Also, he was reported to be dating actress, Lucy Hale in 2013 based on their social media activity. However, both of them neither denied nor confirm. Later, the news collapsed.
Further, he once revealed that he had suffered from clinical depression through the videos which are uploaded on his YouTube channel under the title, "Daniel and Depression." Later, he spoke of his journey to recovery, which involved taking antidepressants, seeing a therapist, and focusing on "basic self-care."
What is the net worth of Daniel Howell?
Daniel Howell has been active on YouTube since 2009. Since then he started uploading videos and to date, he uploads 130+ videos on his YouTube official account. Thus, he probably has earned the sum of a decent amount of money from his YouTube career. Based on some online sites, his current estimated net worth is said to be $3 million. However, his salary and other financial details are yet to be disclosed.
Further, he has endorsed numerous products in his videos and has also promoted some products by using those or strategically placing such products in his videos.
How tall is Daniel Howell?
Daniel Howell has an average body with a height of 6 feet 3¼ inches and he weighs around 80 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of dark brown eyes, and his hair color is also dark brown. Further, his biceps size is 12 inches. Besides that, his other body information is yet to be disclosed. Overall, he has a fit and healthy body.
Trivias About Daniel Howell You Need To Know.
- He wants 2-3 children when he gets older.
- He said that without Phil Lester's encouragement he would have not been a YouTuber.
- He is adept at playing the piano and drums.
- In 2012, the Sugarscape magazine declared him the “Hottest Lad of the Year” after the result of an online poll was declared.
- His legions of fans are collectively called Llamaarmy. The name of the fan group has been inspired by his love of llamas.