Daniel Radcliffe Net Worth and How much did he make from Harry Potter?
The 32-years-old, Daniel Radcliffe (born July 23, 1989) is an English actor, voiceover artist, and producer who is famous for his lead role of Harry Potter in the film series "Harry Potter" and its sequels which won him several accolades including the Teen Choice Award for "Choice Breakout Movie Actor", Scream Award for "Best Fantasy Actor", and MTV Movie Award for "Best Hero". He did a total of 8 films in this series starting from 2001 with Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (released as Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in the USA) till 2011 with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2. Initially, he made his acting debut at age 10 in the BBC One television film "David Copperfield" (1999). Then, he made his film debut appearing in the 2001 film "The Tailor of Panama" as Mark Pendel. Further, he has also been a part of movies and shows like Miracle Workers, The Tailor of Panama, Trainwreck, Playmobil: The Movie, Victor Frankenstein, Lost in London, Jungle, Escape from Pretoria, Kill Your Darlings, The Woman in Black, Now You See Me 2, David Copperfield, A Young Doctor's Notebook, The Gamechangers, BoJack Horseman, and Robot Chicken. He has contributed to many charities, including Demelza Hospice Care for Children and The Trevor Project; the latter charity gave him its Hero Award in 2011.
Daniel Radcliffe took birth as the only child to his parents; Alan Radcliffe and Marcia Gresham in London, England. He holds British nationality and he belongs to a Mixed ethnic background. He is Atheism by religion and his star sign is Cancer. He attended three independent schools for boys: Radcliffe School, Sussex House School, and the City of London School. He achieved A grades in the three AS-level exams that he took in 2006 but later he decided to take a break from education and did not go to college or university.
How did Daniel Radcliffe start acting?
- Daniel Radcliffe, at the age of five, developed his desire in the acting field and made his acting debut at the age of 10 in BBC One's two-part adaptation of the Charles Dickens novel "David Copperfield" (1999). Next, he made his film debut in The Tailor of Panama (2001).
- Later, Daniel got an offer for the role of Harry in the film "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" which was released in 2001. Eight months later, following several auditions, Radcliffe was selected to play the part and signed for its six sequels.
- In the year 2002, he appeared in the second sequel of the series "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" which becomes the second highest-grossing film of the year worldwide. In 2004, he appeared third sequels of the series "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban". The third sequel becomes the lowest-grossing movie out of the whole series.
- In 2005, he appeared the fourth sequel of the series called "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire". In 2007, he appeared in the fifth sequel of the series "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix".
- He also appeared in the films "December Boys" and "My Boy Jack" in 2007.
- In 2009, he appeared in the sixth sequel of the series "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince".
- For financial and scripting reasons, the last Harry Potter book ("Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows") was divided into two films that were shot back-to-back.
- The two-film finale, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" – Part 1 and Part 2, was released in November 2010 and July 2011, respectively.
- After the "Harry Potter" film series, Daniel played his first horror movie named "The Woman in Black" in the year 2012.
- Then, he appeared in several movies in 2013 including "Kill Your Darling", The F Word", and "Horns." Also, he performed as Billy Claven at the Noël Coward Theatre in the stage play revival of Martin McDonagh's dark comedy The Cripple of Inishmaan in the same year.
- He starred as Igor in a science fiction horror film "Victor Frankenstein" (2015), directed by Paul McGuigan and written by Max Landis. He also appeared as Sam Houser, one of the founders of Rockstar Games, in the biographical drama film "The Gamechangers" and also joined the ensemble cast of Shane Carruth's third film, "The Modern Ocean".
- In the year 2016, he appeared in the action-adventure film, "Now You See Me 2" and also he cast in the critically acclaimed independent film, "Imperium".
- Next, he cast off-Broadway at The Public Theater in a documentary theatre piece called Privacy, playing the role of The Writer.
- He appeared as Yossi Ghinsberg in the thriller "Jungle" in 2017 and after a year, he portrayed a pilot smuggling drugs across borders in the independent action-thriller, "Beast of Burden" directed by Jesper Ganslandt.
- In the year 2019, he starred as Craig in the TBS comedy limited series, "Miracle Workers" based on the book by Simon Rich.
- In addition, he has also voiced starred as Rex Dasher, a secret agent who helps Marla, in the animated film, "Playmobil: The Movie" which is directed by Lino DiSalvo.
- In 2020, he appeared as Miles in the action comedy film, "Guns Akimbo" which is directed by Jason Lei Howden and also he appeared as the guest on BBC Radio 4's Desert Island Discs, in which he discussed his teenage alcohol misuse and his decision to become teetotal, and how his parents' support and staying in the United Kingdom helped him cope with fame.
- He also starred as Tim Jenkin in the thriller film "Escape from Pretoria" in 2020. Next, he played the role of Prince Frederick in the Netflix special "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" opposite Ellie Kemper.
- He reunited with multiple cast members of the Harry Potter film series for an HBO Max special titled "Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts", which was released on 1st January 2022.
- Next, he will be starring in the action-adventure comedy film "The Lost City", opposite Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum. He is also slated to portray musician "Weird Al" Yankovic in Weird: The Al Yankovic Story, a biographical film produced for Roku.
What is Daniel Radcliffe's Net Worth?
Daniel Radcliffe is a talented actor whose net worth is reported to have $110 Million as of 2020. He has made this impressive amount of money through his profession as an actor. He is making an annual salary of around $15 million at present. Back in 2010, he has named the sixth highest-paid Hollywood male star and was placed at number five on Forbes's December list of Hollywood's highest-grossing actor. His net worth figure has been boosted mainly by Harry Potter. In total, Radcliffe has made $109 million from the Harry Potter movies, according to Celebrity Net Worth. His total films in which he starred have grossed more than $5 billion worldwide, making him one of the best-selling stars in the industry. About his mansion, he owns three houses in the U.S - an 1847 West Village Manhattan residence, a fifth-floor New York apartment worth $4.3 million, and a $4.9 million 11th floor condo in SoHo. He also has a flat in London. Moreover, he owns his own theatre company, Gilmore Jacobs Ltd, which was founded by his parents, Alan Radcliffe and Marcia Gresham, in 2000. According to Companies House, the company is worth £80 million, which is around $105 million in the United States. He told The Telegraph in 2016 that, while he doesn't spend much, he's still "grateful" for the money he has made from Harry Potter and other projects. "I'm very grateful for it because having money means you don't have to worry about it, which is a very lovely freedom to have," he said.
How much did Daniel Radcliffe make from Harry Potter?
Award-winning actor, Daniel Radcliffe came to fame after he played the lead role as 'Harry Potter' in the film series of the same name. About his earnings, Radcliffe made $1 million for the first Harry Potter movie Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, in 2001. Due to the box office success of the Sorcerer's Stone ($974 million grossed worldwide and $1 billion in re-releases), Radcliffe made $3 million (a raise of $2 million from the first film) for the second Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, in 2002. For the third Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, in 2004, Radcliffe made $6 million (double what he made for Chamber of Secrets). He made $11 million for the fourth Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, in 2005 and $14 million for the fifth film, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, in 2007. He received a $10 million raised for the sixth Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, in 2009, which made him $24 million. For the last two Harry Potter movies-2010's Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, Radcliffe made a combined $50 million for both movies. In total, Radcliffe has made $109 million from the Harry Potter movies, according to Celebrity Net Worth. Altogether, the eight films have grossed a total of $7.7 billion.
Who is the richest Harry Potter actor?
Harry Potter is a series of seven fantasy novels written by British author J. K. Rowling which cast Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint as the story's main protagonists: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley. Daniel Radcliffe's net worth is estimated to have $110 Million in 2022 making him one of the wealthiest celebrities in Britain. Radcliffe made $109 million from the Harry Potter series. Rupert Grint's net worth is believed to have $50 Million as of today who gained worldwide fame and fortune for his star role as Ron Weasley in the successful Harry Potter film series. Grint earned at least $70 million from Harry Potter base salaries alone. Similarly, Emma Watson's net worth is $85 million currently. Emma earned at least $70 million from Harry Potter base salaries alone. Therefore, it is clear that Daniel Radcliffe is the richest Harry Potter actor.