Last updated on August 21st, 2023 at 09:22 pm
Facts About Danny Ainge
|Celebrated Name||Danny Ainge|
|Age||64 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Danny Ainge|
|Birth Name||Daniel Ray Ainge|
|Birth Nation||United States of American|
|Place Of Birth||Eugene, Oregon|
|High School||North Eugene High School|
|University||Brigham Young University|
|Children||Six - Ashlee, Austin, Tanner, Taylor, Copper, and Crew|
|Siblings||Doug, Laurie, and David|
|Height||6 feet 4 inches|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Source of Wealth||Sport Industry|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter|
Daniel Ray Ainge, well known as Danny Ainge is a former basketball and baseball player. Currently, he serves as the general manager and president of basketball operations for the Boston Celtics. He won two NBA titles with the Boston Celtics in the 1980s. Let us learn more about the player below.
What is Danny Ainge known for?
- An American basketball executive and retired professional basketball and baseball player.
- The general manager and president of basketball operations for the Boston Celtics.
Did Danny Ainge face another heart attack in 2019?
Danny Ainge, the president of basketball operations for the Boston Celtics, had a mild heart attack Tuesday night in Milwaukee, the team said. He then received immediate medical attention and is expected to make a full recovery, the team said. He is scheduled to return home later Thursday.
Ainge was with the team in Milwaukee, where the Celtics split the two opening games of their Eastern Conference semifinal series with the Bucks. Boston plays host to Milwaukee on Friday night in Game 3 and is 5-1 in the playoffs after sweeping the Indiana Pacers in the opening round.
Ainge previously had a heart attack in April 2009, when he was 50. The Celtics, in that instance, called it a “minor heart attack.”
Widely regarded as one of the league’s best front-office executives, Ainge was elevated to president of basketball operations after Boston’s most recent championship season in 2007-8. He joined Boston’s front office in 2003 as executive director of basketball operations after playing on two Celtics championship teams in the 1980s.
Where is the birthplace of Danny Ainge?
Danny was born in Eugene, Oregon spent his early years at his birthplace. He is of American and belongs to white ethnicity. Born in the mid of March, his zodiac sign is Pisces. Ainge was born to Don and Kay Ainge, and Doug, Laurie, and David are his siblings.
Regarding his education, Ainge attended North Eugene High School, where he played football, basketball, and baseball. He is the only player of his high school first team, who was named All-American in football, basketball, and baseball.
Upon high school graduation, Ainge attended Brigham Young University and named national basketball college player of the year. Moreover, he also bagged the John R. Wooden Award for the most outstanding college basketball player.
When did Danny Ainge pursue his baseball career?
- Ainge who started his career as an athlete excelled in the game of baseball and basketball. He later turned professional when the Toronto Blue Jays selected him in baseball’s 1977 amateur draft.
- He played outstandingly as a third baseman, and the youngest player in the history of Bluejays who hit a home run, at 20 years and 77 days.
- Upon three years playing with Blue Jays, he made a decision to pursue a career in basketball and selected in the 1981 NBA draft by Boston Celtics.
- Ainge became one of the important members of his team and led his team to win the NBA titles in 1984 and 1986.
- In 1989, Sacramento Kings picked Ainge, where he played one season with them. He was traded to Portland Trail Blazers in 1990 and helped his team to reach 1992 NBA finals.
- In 1992, Ainge was traded to Phoenix Suns, where he played for three seasons.
- Upon retiring from his playing career, Ainge served as the head coach of Phoenix Suns from 1996 to 1999. Since 2003, Ainge served as the executive director of the Basketball Operations for the Celtics. Ainge also worked as a commentator for the NBA on TNT.
Who is the wife of Danny Ainge?
Reflecting his personal life, Ainge is a married man and is very happy in his conjugal life with Michelle. He is not only accountable in his job but also a responsible husband. From his relationship with Michelle, he has six children; Ashlee, Austin, Tanner, Taylor, Copper, and Crew.
Now, the family has grown pretty big. Furthermore, Ainge's son Austin serves as a director of player personnel for the Boston Celtics, and he also played basketball at BYU. His son Tanner is a lawyer and political candidate. His nephew Erik Ainge is an American football quarterback, who played college football at Tennessee. He and his family are devoted Christian and the members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
In 2009, Ainge suffered a mild heart attack and another in 2019. Currently, he resides with his family in Wellesley, Massachusetts. He is the philanthropist and the associated number of the charitable organization since retiring from his playing career.
How much is Danny Ainge net worth?
As of late-2019, sources estimate a net worth that is at $10 million, mostly earned through a successful career in basketball. He also played professional baseball and tried his hand at a basketball coaching career. As he continues his executive role, it is likely that his wealth will continue to increase.
How tall is Danny Ainge?
Observing his body statistics, Danny stands a heigh of 6 feet 4 inches and weighs around 175 lbs. Similarly, he has a pair of hazel-brown eyes and grey hair color. His other body information was yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Danny Ainge You Need To Know.
- Made major league baseball debut on 21 May 1979.
- Head coach of the Phoenix Suns, 1996-2000.