Danny McCray - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Age, Wife, Family, Ethnicity, Height, Parents, Siblings, Career, Job, Teams Played, Position, Shows, College
Danny DeWayne McCray is a former American football free safety and special teamer who is well known as Danny McCray. He is best recognized for playing with the Dallas Cowboys. He also was a leader on the special teams unit. He played college football at LSU as well as he played for the Chicago Bears. He used to play freestyle and often backed up both safety and linebacker. He earned first-team all-district honors as a senior in 2005. Danny retired in 2015 and was announced as one of the contestants on the 41st season of the show "Survivor". He was voted out on day 23. He is also active in social media as he has gained more than 16.9k followers on his Instagram account and over 34.5K followers on his Twitter account.
What is Danny McCray Famous For?
- Being a former American football free safety and special teamer.
- For playing with the Dallas Cowboys.
What Nationality is Danny McCray?
Danny McCray opened his eyes for the very first time on 10th March 1998 in Houston, Texas, the U.S. He was born with the real name of Danny DeWayne McCray in a Christian religious family. He is of American nationality and he belongs to the African-American ethnicity. Danny's present age is 33 which he celebrated back in 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Pisces. Thus, his race is black. He is the son of Roger Wayne Harris (father) and LaQuita McCray-Harris (mother). He also has two siblings named Dannyell McCray, Kemberly McCray.
Talking about Danny's education, he attended Westfield High School and went on to play at Louisiana State University (LSU) contributing mostly in special teams and as a backup both at safety and linebacker.
What does Danny McCray do for a living?
- Danny McCray kicks off his career signing by the Dallas Cowboys in 2010 as an undrafted free agent where he had 28 special teams tackles, the third-most in team history since 1988 and the most by any Cowboys player since Jim Schwantz's team-record 32 in 1996.
- Then he led the team again in special teams tackles (19), becoming the first Cowboys player to do it consecutively since Bates did it in 1989-1990 as well as he got his first career start at strong safety against the Chicago Bears in 2012.
- He struggled in pass coverage and his special teams play suffered dropping to second in tackles (18), eventually losing his starting position and playing time in the last two games of the season.
- McCray signed a one-year contract with the Chicago Bears on 18th March 2014 and ranked fourth on the team with ten special teams tackles whereas his best game came against the New York Jets, registering ten tackles on defense.
- Danny was re-signed by the Cowboys on 14th March 2015 where he blocked a punt that was returned for a touchdown in the second game against the Philadelphia Eagles and posted four special teams tackles but wasn't retained after the season.
- Danny McCray was cast on the 41st season of the American reality competition series "Survivor" in 2020 where he and 17 other contestants were flown to Fiji to participate in "Survivor 41".
- McCray voted for Radden to win the game at the Final Tribal Council on Day 26, but he was the only juror to do so, as Erika Casupanan earned the other seven jury votes to win Sole Survivor.
Who is Danny McCray Wife?
Danny McCray is a married man. He is tied a knot with his girlfriend named Kiki McCray who works as a psychotherapist. They married in April 2019 in a private wedding ceremony. In May 2020 the pair announced that they were expecting their first child. They are now blessed with a baby girl named Zoe Ann McCray in September 2020. Reflecting on Danny's sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Danny McCray?
Danny McCray has a net worth of $1 million as of 2022. He also earns a fine amount of salary which is around $825,000 per year. Just at the age of thirty-three, Danny has accomplished heights in his career that normally takes an individual a lifetime to achieve. He's living an American dream. In addition, his major source of income is from his American football-free safety and special teamer career.
How tall is Danny McCray?
Danny McCray is 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) tall and his body weighs around 221 lb (100 kg). He has curly black hair and dark brown eyes color. Moreover, his body build type is athletic. Danny also has inked attractive tattoos on his body.
Trivias About Danny McCray You Need To Know.
- His father Roger passed away on 4th May 1996.
- He has completed Masters in Business Administration course.
- In 2005 he earned first-team all-district honors as a senior.
- He was ranked 4th in Chicago bears for his 10 special teams tackles.
- He retired in 2015.