Facts About Danny Ward
|Celebrated Name||Danny Ward|
|Age||30 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Daniel Ward|
|Place Of Birth||Wrexham|
|Residence||Leicester , England|
|Net Worth||$6 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Height||6 ft 3 in or 1.90 m|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shirt Number||12 for both Leicester City and Wales National Team|
|Current Team||Leicester City|
Danny Ward is a Welsh professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper which is his playing position. Currently, he is playing for Premier League club Leicester City wearing shirt number of 12 and the Wales national team wearing shirt number of 12. Back then, he has played for Liverpool and Wrexham as well as having loan spells at Tamworth, Morecambe, Aberdeen, and Huddersfield Town. He completed a move to Premier League team Leicester City for around £12.5 million and made his debut on 28 August in the second round of the EFL Cup, keeping a clean sheet in a 4-0 win over Fleetwood Town. He was first called up to the Welsh national team in 2013 and made his debut in 2016. He was part of their squad that reached the semi-finals of UEFA Euro 2016. In May 2021 he was selected for the Wales squad for the delayed UEFA Euro 2020 tournament.
- Being a professional footballer.
- Being a goalkeeper for Premier League club Leicester City and the Wales national team.
Where is Danny Ward from?
Danny Ward was born with the full name of Daniel Ward on 22nd June 1993 which makes him the present age of 28 as of 2021. His place of birth is Wrexham, Wales. He is Welsh by nationality and he belongs to Welsh-White ethnicity. His race is White. His religion is Christian and his Zodiac sign is Cancer. He was born to his father, David Ward, and his wife. Details about his siblings and mother alongside his educational qualification are still a mystery.
How was the Football Career of Danny Ward?
- Danny Ward initially played for Wrexham Academy, signing for them as a 14-year-old in 2007.
- Then, he was loaned out to fellow Conference Premier team Tamworth in 2010-2011 where he appeared in a league match on 12th March 2011 in a 3-2 loss against Hayes & Yeading United.
- In the 2011-2012 season, he returned to Wrexham and was promoted to the first-team squad.
- It was announced that Liverpool had signed Ward for a fee of around £100,000 on 30th January 2012. Then, he was promoted to the Reserve team and featured in the 2011-12 NextGen Series where he played in the semi-finals.
- On 31st October 2012, he got his first call-up to the Liverpool senior squad in a League Cup game against Swansea City as an unused substitute.
- Later, his next senior call was on 12th January 2014 for a Premier League game against Stoke City.
- He was loaned to League Two side, Morecambe in March 2015.
- He made his football league debut in an away game against Carlisle United on 21st March 2015.
- He had been Liverpool's substitute goalkeeper in 23 of the club's 58 games by the end of the 2014-2015 season.
- He then signed a new five-year contract at Liverpool, keeping him at the club until 2020 on 23rd June 2015.
- Then, he was loaned to Scottish Premiership club Aberdeen and made his debut for Aberdeen on 2nd July 2015, against FK Shkëndija in the first qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League.
- Liverpool cut short his loan at Aberdeen and he returned after impressing with 13 clean sheets in all competitions for the Dons, making him a firm fan favorite on 10th January 2016.
- He made his debut for Liverpool against Bournemouth in place of Simon Mignolet, where Liverpool won 2-1 on 17th April 216.
- He signed a season-long loan with Football League Championship side Huddersfield Town on 11th July 2016 and made his competitive debut against Brentford on 6th August 2016.
- He completed a move to fellow Premier League team Leicester City for around £12.5 million on 20th July 2018 and made his debut on 28 August in the second round of the EFL Cup, keeping a clean sheet in a 4-0 win over Fleetwood Town.
- He saved three penalties in a shootout win at Wolverhampton Wanderers after keeping a clean sheet in a goalless draw. What's more, he was even praised by teammate Marc Albrighton.
How was the International Career of Danny Ward?
- Danny Ward has represented Wales at under-17, under-19, and under-21 levels.
- He was capped three times for the under-19s and featured four times for the under-21s.
- On 16th November 2013, he was called up to the senior team for the first time for a friendly match against Finland and was an unused substitute.
- He made his senior debut as a half-time substitute for Wayne Hennessey in an international friendly against Northern Ireland on 24th March 2016.
- He was selected in Wales' 23-man squad for UEFA Euro 2016.
- Unfortunately, he missed Wales' participation in the 2018 China Cup when his passport got lost in the post during his visa application, and Michael Crowe was called up in his place.
- He was selected for the Wales squad for the delayed UEFA Euro 2020 tournament in May 2021 & has appeared against France, Switzerland, Turkey, Italy. On 26th June, he appeared against Denmark for Wales where Denmark score 4 goals which left Wales to home. Thus, Wales lost in the Knockout stage and could not go further.
Awards, Honours, and Achievements
- UEFA Europa League runner-up: 2015-16
- EFL Championship play-offs: 2017
- FA Cup: 2020-21
- Leicester City on 20/07/2018 for 14M €
- Liverpool on 31/05/2017 at the end of the loan
- Huddersfield Town on 11/07/2016 for Loan
- Liverpool on 10/01/2016 at the end of the loan
- Aberdeen on 01/07/2015 on Loan
- Liverpool on 20/04/2015 at the end of the loan
- Morecambe on 20/03/2015 on loan
- Liverpool on 30/01/2012 for 125k €
- Wrexham on 11/04/2011 at the end of the loan
- Tamworth on 11/03/2011 on Loan
- Wrexham on 01/07/2010 from Wrexham U18
Who is Danny Ward Girlfriend?
Danny Ward is currently in a relationship. He is dating his beautiful girlfriend, Rebecca Naylor. The couple is often spotted in public places. They are enjoying their present life fully and they are planning to be husband and wife soon. Rebecca is regularly spotted in the stands supporting the goalkeeper at his matches. She is a very supportive girlfriend. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay. Currently, he is residing in Leicester, England.
What is the Net Worth of Danny Ward?
As of 2021, the net worth of Danny Ward is estimated to have $6 Million. At present, he earns £22,000 per week, £1,144,000 per year (annual salary) playing for Leicester City as a GK. His current contract expires on June 30, 2022. His present market value is €6 Million whereas his highest market value is €10 Million. His major source of wealth comes from his football career and he is satisfied with his earnings. He drive Porsche Cayenne S car. He is living a lavish lifestyle.
How tall is Danny Ward?
Danny Ward has a tall height of 6 ft 3 in or 1.91 m. His balanced weight consists of 88 KG and he always exercises to maintain that. His other body measurement details are unavailable at the moment. His shoe size is 8 UK. He has a collection of more than 100 formal shoes. He has a pair of brown eyes and his hair color is dark brown. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards him. It seems that he has no tattoos inked on his body.
Trivias About Danny Ward You Need To Know.
- Danny Ward is currently playing for Premier League club Leicester City.
- For Leicester City, he made his debut on 28 August in the second round of the EFL Cup, keeping a clean sheet in a 4-0 win over Fleetwood Town.
- He was first called up to the Welsh national team in 2013 and made his debut in 2016.
- His present market value is €6 Million whereas his highest market value is €10 Million.
- His place of birth is Wrexham.