Darren Grimes Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Age, Gay, Partner, Family, Parents, Nationality, Height, Facts, Wiki, Education, Career, Job, Shows, Birthday
Darren Grimes is a British conservative political commentator and activist. He has worked for a number of Brexit campaigns whereas he set up the internet platform Reasoned in May 2020. He's been a guest commentator for the shows of "Talk Radio", "GB News", "Sky News" and "BBC Politics", among others. In 2016, at the age of 22, he ran the EU referendum campaign BeLeave. After the campaign, he was fined £20,000 by the Electoral Commission due to evidence that the BeLeave campaign had broken campaign spending rules in collaboration with the official Vote Leave campaign. Darren is also a social media user as he has gained more than 7K followers on his Instagram and over 173.1K Followers on his Twitter account.
- Being a British conservative political commentator and activist.
- For being set up the internet platform Reasoned in May 2020.
Where is Darren Grimes from?
Darren Grimes opened his eyes for the very first time on 22nd July 1993 in Consett, County Durham, England. He holds British nationality and he belongs to British-white ethnic background. Similarly, his religious belief is in the Christian religion. Darren has celebrated his 28th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Cancer. Thus, his race is white. He has not shared any details about his family. However, he has mentioned that he has a younger brother.
Talking about Darren's education, he studied fashion and business studies at the University of Brighton but did not complete his degree.
What does Darren Grimes do for a living?
- Darren Grimes started his career being an activist for the Liberal Democrats and working for then-MP Norman Lamb's unsuccessful 2015 party leadership campaign.
- He founded the pro-Brexit group BeLeave aimed at younger voters during the 2016 United Kingdom European Union membership referendum campaign and worked as a deputy editor for the political website BrexitCentral.
- Then he became the digital manager for the Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA) in 2018 whereas he was amongst those associated with a newly launched right-wing youth organization called Turning Point UK (TPUK) in 2019.
- Darren launched Reasoned in May 2020 which is an internet platform for those "standing against the tide" who "hide their political views for fear of being called homophobic, a TERF, or racist". According to "Private Eye", a video was released in 2020 by Grimes on Reasoned that appeared to be a nearly word-for-word copy of a video released by the US right-wing platform PragerU.
- He sent a tweet to Marcus Rashford following the England football team's defeat in the Euro 2020 Final at which Rashford missed a penalty kick in July 2021. He tweeted: "Honestly though @MarcusRashford, penalties not politics from now on, aye?", referring to Rashford's successful lobbying to extend the provision of free school meals. Grimes' comment was criticized by various people on social media as insensitive.
- Additionally, Darren was fined £20,000 by the Electoral Commission in 2018 after it determined that there was evidence that BeLeave had spent more than £675,000 with the Canadian political consultancy firm AggregateIQ in coordination with the official Brexit campaign organization Vote Leave in distribution targeted social media advertisements.
- Later in May 2020, the Metropolitan Police ended its investigation into Grimes and Halsall. The Chairman of the Electoral Commission apologized to Grimes in a "Sunday Telegraph" interview in June 2021.
Darren Grimes Sexual Orientation: Is He Gay?
Darren Grimes is an unmarried guy. There is not much about his personal relation and girlfriend as he always maintains a distance in his personal life and media. So as of now, we can assume that Darren is currently living a single life. Since he is still unmarried and single there isn't any chance of him being through a divorce. Reflecting on his sexual orientation, he is openly gay.
How much is Darren Grimes Net Worth and Salary?
Darren Grimes has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2021 whereas his exact amount of salary has not been disclosed yet. In his short professional time also, he has established himself an identity already. Darren has earned a handsome amount of money from his profession as his major source of income is from his conservative political commentator and activist career.
What is the Height of Darren Grimes?
Darren Grimes stands at an ideal height of 1.65 m with a balanced body weight of 75 kg. He has dark brown hair and eyes color. He's got an unconventional good look and raw appeal about him. Reasons for his amazing personality could be his roots. Moreover, his body build type is average.
Did You Know?
- Darren set up the internet platform Reasoned in May 2020.
- A Liberal Democrat activist before dropping out of university, he then worked for a number of Brexit campaigns.
- He studied fashion and business studies at the University of Brighton but did not complete his degree
- He is openly gay.
- In June 2021, the Chairman of the Electoral Commission apologised to Grimes in a Sunday Telegraph interview.