Dave Grohl - Bio, Net Worth, Facts, Wiki, Band, Married, Wife, Kids, Family, Religion, Age, Height, Nirvana Drummer, Foo Fighters, Songs, Albums, Tour
Dave Grоhl іѕ а ѕіngеr, mоvіе dіrесtоr, muѕісіаn, ѕоngwrіtеr, аnd rесоrd рrоduсеr, whо іѕ bеѕt knоwn аѕ thе fоrmеr drummеr оf thе рорulаr bаnd, Nіrvаnа. Не іѕ аlѕо thе fоundеr оf thе rосkіng bаnd саllеd Fоо Fіghtеrѕ. Не іѕ thе lеаd guіtаrіѕt аnd vосаlіѕt fоr thе bаnd. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Dave Grohl famous for?
- An American musician, singer, songwriter, and director.
- The drummer of the Nirvana Band.
When was Dave Grohl born?
Recalling his early life, Dave was born in Warren, Ohio, the U.S. to his parents James Grohl and Virginia Grohl as a David Eric Grohl in the year 1969. However, his parents divorced when he was six. After that, his mother raised him with his sister named Lisa Grohl. Similarly, Dave holds American citizenship and he belongs to mixed ethnicity. Further, his birth sign is Capricorn.
Where is Dave Grohl educated?
Concerning her education, Dave attended Thomas Jefferson High School in Virginia. Then, he went to Bishop Ireton High School. After his grades got badly affected due to his drug addiction. He stayed there for two years before getting transferred to yet another school, Annandale High School, Virginia.
How Dave Grohl became a musician?
- Moving towards his career, Dave played extensively with several local bands including Freak Baby during his high-school years. Meanwhile, he learned to play drums on his own.
- In his late teens, he went to the 9.30 club regularly. It was a live music concert venue in Washington DC which highly influenced his life and shaped up his naive mind.
- At the age of 17, he auditioned and got selected to be the drummer in a hardcore punk band Scream for which he dropped out of high school in his junior year.
- He traveled extensively with the band and recorded many live albums with them out of which No More Censorship and Fumble became very popular.
- In the late 1990s, Scream got disbanded and he went to Seattle to audition for Nirvana. He joined the band full-time after getting selected, and they signed a deal in due course of time with a major record label, DGC Records. Thereafter, the band recorded their first album Nevermind and released it.
- Meanwhile, disappointed by his struggling drummer status in the band, he went on to compose lyrics and songs all by himself. In 1992, he compiled and released his cassette Pocketwatch on Indie label Simple Machines under the pseudonym Late! Apart from this, he played drums on Buzz Osborne’s solo-EP for which he earned the pseudonym Dale Nixon.
- Before heading on to their European tour in 1994, he and Krist Novoselic of Nirvana fame worked on many demos at Robert Lang Studios in Seattle. The duo together completed many of his songs until the arrival of Cobain. They later recorded a demo of the song entitled You to know you’re right which proved to be the band’s last studio recording.
- In April 1994, the band came to a halt with Kurt Cobain’s death. Soon in October, he recorded a fifteen-track demo at Robert Lang’s Studio in Seattle and played all of the instruments on his own.
- In 1995, he formed his rock band, incorporating various music artists including Nirvana guitarist Pat Smear, William Goldsmith and Nate Mendel of Sunny Day Real Estate.
- He recorded an album with them comprising the majority of his demons to which a professional touch was given by Rob Schnapf and Tom Rothrock. The album was finally released in July 1995, as their debut album under the band name Foo Fighters.
- In 1997, he composed several soundtracks for the movie Touch where he played all the instruments himself along with lending his voice to the songs. After the recording session was over, he joined Foo Fighters to work with them on their follow-up.
- In May 1997, the Foo Fighters came out with their second album, The colors, and the shape. The album soon became a chartbuster including several smash-hits such as Ever-Long, My Hero, etc.
- On June 14th, 2005, he came out with his fifth album In Your Honor after shifting from his home-based Virginia Studio to Studio 606, Los Angeles. The album featured a collaboration with John Paul Jones, Josh Homme, and Norah Jones.
- In June 2008, he joined Paul McCartney’s band for a concert at the Anfield Football Stadium, Liverpool which was organized as one of the major events of the English city’s year as European Capital of Culture.
- In mid-2010, He added his name to the list of contributing rock star voice cameos for Cartoon Network's heavy metal parody/tribute show, Metalocalypse. He voiced the controversial Syrian dictator, Abdule Malik in the season 3 finale, Doublebookedklok.
- On April 12th, 2011, Wasting Light was released which was their seventh album. It received mostly positive reviews from music critics and was claimed to be a hard-hitting rock with soaring choruses.
- In February 2013, He filled in as host of Chelsea Lately for a week. Also. He had previously hosted the show during the first week of December 2012 as part of "Celebrity Guest Host Week".
- On December 1st, 2015, He appeared on an episode of The Muppets where he competed in a "drum-off" with Animal.
- He appeared in the 50th anniversary season of Sesame Street in February 2019.
Who is Dave Grohl married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Dave was previously married to Jennifer Youngblood in 1994 after meeting the year before in 1993. However, after spending around four years together, they got divorced in 1997.
After that, he dated several celebrities like Louise Post (1997), Tina Basich (1998), Kari Wuhrer (1999-2002), and Melissa Auf der Maur (2000-01). Then, he has a romantic relationship with Jordyn Blum after he met in April 2002. They dated for a year and got hitched on 2nd August 2003. Together, the pair blessed three daughters, Violet Maye, Ophelia Saint, and Harper Willow. Presently, the pair live blissfully without the rumors of separation or divorce.
How much is Dave Grohl worth?
Being a music personality, Dave earns an impressive amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the music industry. As per the celebrity net worth, his estimated net worth said to be $320 million at present. Also, He has amassed an enormous wealth with all his endeavors as a top musician. However, his assets details and earning were yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Dave Grohl?
Observing his body statistics, Dave Dave stands a height of 6 feet 0 inches and weighs around 78 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of hazel eyes and dark brown hair color. Further, his other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Dave Grohl You Need To Know.
- His mother, Virginia Hanlon Grohl, appears in Foo Fighters' "Breakout" video.
- Many of the songs that wound up on Foo Fighters' debut were rehearsed in early 1994 as potential Nirvana songs, with Dave on guitar and Kurt Cobain playing the drums.
- Wrote all the songs and played all the instruments (except guitar on X-Static, played by Greg Dulli) on Foo Fighters' self-titled debut album, released in 1995.
- Before joining Nirvana, Grohl had been a member of the bands "Scream" and "Dain Bramage".