Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:18 am
Facts About Dave Hollis
|Celebrated Name||Dave Hollis|
|Age||48 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Dave Hollis|
|Birth Name||Dave Hollis|
|Place Of Birth||Weedpatch, California|
|Marital Status||Married and Divorced|
|Children||Sawyer Hollis, Ford Hollis, Ford Hollis, and Ford Hollis|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
|Source of Wealth||Entrepreneur Career|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Weight||70 Kg or 154 lbs|
|Death Date||11th February 2023|
Dave Hollis was an entrepreneur, social media influencer, motivational speaker, and author from the USA. Dave was a former Disney film distribution chief who left the company after 17 years to become CEO of his wife Rachel's firm Chic Media. Dave Hollis was the ex-husband of Rachel Hollis.
Dave began his career as a publicist for Bragman Nyman Cafarelli. Later, he worked for Fox Broadcasting Company and Twentieth Century Fox. Likewise, he was also a member of the Motion Picture Academy and an advisor for Fandango Labs, Givsum, and Pepperdine University’s Institute for Entertainment and Culture. He also wrote motivational books. His book "Get Out of Your Own Way: A Skeptic’s Guide to Growth and Fulfillment" was published in 2020 and he released “Built Through Courage: Face Your Fears to Live the Life You Were Meant For” in 2021. Sadly, he dies at 47.
When was Dave Hollis born?
Dave Hollis was born on February 14, 1975, in Weedpatch, California, the United States of America. His birth name is David Hollis. He held American nationality as he was born to US parents. Meanwhile, he belonged to American-White ethnical race. He came from a business family background as his dad is a businessman while his mum is a housewife. He spent his early childhood with her sister, Heather. Heather works as a teacher at a University.
Dave Hollis attended and completed his primary education at a local secondary school. He graduated from Pepperdine University in the field of Organizational Communication.
Dave Hollis Career Timeline
- Dave Hollis started his career as a coordinator for the Twentieth Century Fox Company in 1996. After a year, he left the job and started working in many different jobs to gain experience.
- After then, he joined the Fox Broadcasting Company where he worked as a coordinator.
- He then received a job offer from BNC (Bragman Nyman Cafarelli) which he accepted and started working as a junior publicist. He left the job n 2000 and in the same year, he joined Merv Griffin Productions as an account executive.
- Later, Dave joined The Walt Disney Company. From 2001 to 2002, he worked as an assistant brand manager for Miramax Home Video at Walt Disney.
- He then grabbed the position of National Sales Manager and served as Director from 2003 to 2005.
- Moreover, he even served as Vice President, Senior Vice President, and President of Worldwide Theatrical Distribution at Walt Disney.
- He was instrumental in the distribution of some of the most successful films, including the new Star Wars films, the Avengers series, Black Panther, Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, and others.
- He then left the job at Walt Disney in May 2018 after he worked there for 17 years.
- As an author, Dave writes a book "Getting Out of Your Own Way: A Skeptic's Guide to Growth and Fulfillment".
- After leaving Disney, he became the CEO of his wife’s firm, Rachel’s Firm Chic Media.
- He and his wife co-host the iTunes podcast Rise Together, which is the number one health podcast.
- He is also a member of the Motion Picture Academy and an advisor for Fandango Labs, Givsum, and Pepperdine University’s Institute for Entertainment and Culture.
Who is Dave Hollis married to?
Dave Hollis was a married man previously and he was single at the time of his demise. He was enjoying his sole life happily without any disturbances. Talking about his sexuality, he was straight.
Dave Hollis tied the knot to his wife, Rachel Hollis. Rachel and Dave got married on May 29, 2004. The married couple met each other for the first time at Miramax. Later, they became best friends and got married. After 16 years of their togetherness, the happily married couple split. The exact reason behind their separation has not been revealed yet.
How did Dave Hollis die?
Dave Hollis, who left his post as a Disney executive to help his wife run a successful lifestyle empire, has died at his home in Texas. He was 47. Hollis was pronounced dead Sunday afternoon at his home in Dripping Springs, a city on the outskirts of Austin, according to Hays County Justice of the Peace Andrew Cable. An autopsy will be performed to determine the cause of death. In an Instagram post on Tuesday, Rachel Hollis asked for prayers as the family tries to “navigate through the unthinkable.” “We are devastated,” she wrote. “I have no words and my heart is too broken.” He worked for Disney for 17 years and had been head of distribution for the company for seven years when he left in 2018 to join his wife’s venture. In their (Dave and Rachel) podcast, “Rise Together,” they focused on marriage.
How much was Dave Hollis's net worth?
Dave Hollis was a former Disney film distribution chief and the present CEO of his wife Rachel's firm Chic Media. His main source of income comes from salaries via high-profile jobs, investments, and running podcasts, among others.
Dave Hollis has an estimated net worth of $5 million as of 2023. During his career, he worked in several companies and his leadership helped relaunch the Star Wars franchise and guided the release of global hits like Frozen and Beauty and the Beast. He was living a living lifestyle before his demise. Moreover, he also owns a 1969 Ford Bronco and a Mini Schnauzer.
How tall was Dave Hollis?
Dave Hollis was a handsome man with an attractive personality. He had a medium-length beard that perfectly suits him well. He also wore a spectacle. His hair color was black while his eye color was also black. He did have a tattoo on his right hand.
Dave Hollis stood at an average height of 5 feet 10 inches. His body weight consisted of 70 Kg or 154 lbs. Details about his other body measurements are still to get unfolded yet. He had an average body type. He had a very glowing face with a charming smile attracting a lot of people towards him.