David Mellor - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Wife, Age, Facts, Wiki, Family, Chairman, Education, Books, Height, Salary, Parents, Party, Politician, News
A British broadcaster, barrister, as well as a former politician is named for David Mellor. He served in the Cabinet of Prime Minister John Major as Chief Secretary to the Treasury (19901992) and Secretary of State for National Heritage (April-September 1992), before resigning in 1992. He was the Member of Parliament (MP) for Putney from 1979 to 1997. Overall, he is a very talented person.
Secretary of State for Vidal Sassoon: Ex-Minister David Mellor’s distinctive appearance while discussing Boris Johnson
Former Minister David Mellor has been compared to a 1980s pop icon after he appeared with flowing hair and a collarless shirt on Sky News. He was likening the new Prime Minister to Pol Pot during the interview as a xylophone blared over a loudspeaker. Viewers took to social media to poke fun at the former Tory cabinet member, some said he looked like David Bowie, while others suggested he should be an ambassador for Vidal Sassoon salons. One Twitter user simply remarked that 'David Mellor is a mood,' a modern expression meaning that something or someone has embodied one's entire mood.
Early Life of David Mellor
On 12th March 1949, David Mellor was born at Wareham, Dorset, England as David John Mellor. As of 2019, he celebrated his 70th birthday. His nationality is English and his ethnicity is White. Regarding his education, he was educated at Swanage Grammar School, and Christ's College, Cambridge, where he was Chairman of the Cambridge University Conservative Association and a contestant on University Challenge. His religion is Christian and his horoscope sign is Pisces. There is no further information regarding his parents and more.
Body Measurements of David Mellor
At the age of 70, David still looks very young and handsome. With his charming smile, he attracts a lot of people towards him. At present, his body measurements including his height, weight, and other body details have not been revealed yet. But it will be added soon.
Career of David Mellor
- David Mellor became a barrister in 1972 and stopped practicing in 1979 upon being elected as an MP and he remains "non-practicing".
- He was appointed a Queen's Counsel in 1987.
- After contesting West Bromwich East in the general election in October 1974, he subsequently became the MP for Putney aged only 30 in the general election of 1979.
- He was re-elected on three further occasions in the general elections of 1983, 1987, and 1992.
- He was made Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State at the Department of Energy, thus becoming Mrs. Thatcher's youngest minister, aged 32 in 1981.
- He was appointed to the Home Office where he was involved in several pieces of ground-breaking "Law and Order" legislation, including the pioneering Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, The Prosecution of Offenders Act 1985 establishing the Crown Prosecution Service; legislation enabling the re-investigation of Miscarriages of Justice; and the significant vivisection "laboratory testing of animals" welfare legislation the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 in the year 1983.
- He was promoted to the Foreign Office by Margaret Thatcher and was made responsible for the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and the Soviet Union (before the fall of the Iron Curtain) in 1987.
- He was briefly Minister for Health in 1988.
- He was briefly Arts Minister in 1990.
- He was interviewed in December 1991 on the TV program Hard News following the establishment of the Calcutt Review inquiring into Press Standards.
- He contested the 1997 general election but was defeated by the Labour Party's Tony Colman.
- He was chairman of the incoming Labour government's 'Football Task Force' from August 1997 until its dissolution in 1999.
- He became a director and co-owner of Wharf Land Investments, a property company in 2007.
- In June 2010, it was reported in The Daily Telegraph, the Daily Mirror, and the Daily Mail that Mr. Mellor called a chef a 'fat bastard' during a licensing wrangle at the River Lounge restaurant near his home at St Katharine Docks, East London.
- In November 2014 The Daily Telegraph and The Independent reported that he had been secretly recorded by a taxi driver, saying "you think that your experiences are anything compared to mine?" In the secret recording of an encounter on 21 November, Mellor and the cab driver argue over which is the better route to their destination.
- He currently presents "David Mellor" and The New Releases Show on Classic FM.
- He is Opera and Classical Music critic for the British newspaper The Mail on Sunday.
- He is also senior partner of an investment brokerage company with offices in London and Hong Kong.
Marital Status (Married), Wife, Children
David is a married person and he was married to Judith on 20th July 1974. The couple is also blessed with two sons. But due to some disturbances, they divorced in 1995. As of today, there are no rumors about him dating with anyone. So, he is assumed to be single at present.
Net Worth of David Mellor
The net worth of this famous broadcaster will be surely in millions. But as of today, his exact net worth and salary has not been revealed yet but it will be added soon. His net worth is estimated to have between $1 Million-$10 Million according to some sources.