Facts About David Tennant
|Celebrated Name||David Tennant|
|Age||52 Years Old|
|Nick Name||David Tennant|
|Birth Name||David Tennant|
|Place Of Birth||Bathgate, Scotland|
|Father||Alexander "Sandy" McDonald (1937-2016)|
|Mother||Helen McDonald (nee McLeod; 1940-2007|
|Spouse||Georgia Moffett (m. 2011)|
|Source of Wealth||Acting career|
|Net Worth||$7 million|
|Salary||£1 million for each episodes.|
|Height||6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm|
|Weight||80 kg or 176.5 lbs|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
David John McDonald, known as David Tennant is a Scottish actor who is well recognized for his roles as the tenth incarnation of The Doctor in the BBC sci-fi series "Doctor Who" (2005-2010). He'd also land lead roles in Netflix's "Jessica Jones", HBO's Camping, and Amazon's "Good Omens". David was inspired to become an actor by the show Dr. Who, and his parents asked him to pursue a traditional job. He remained single-minded in the pursuit of his goal and was discovered by actress Edith MacArthur. He made his first theatrical film debut in "Jude" as a Drunk Undergraduate in 1996 whereas he made his first TV show appearance in "Dramarama" as Neil McDonald in 1988. As a voice actor, David made his TV show debut by lending his voice to the character of the Doctor in "Totally Doctor Who" in 2006. He also won a National Television Award for Most Popular Actor for his role as Dr. Who in 2007. Moreover, he starred in the TV series "Staged" in 2020 and 2021.
David Tennant filming in Wokingham for Inside Man
Broad Street in Wokingham is closed off today to allow for filming for the new drama starring former Doctor Who actor David Tennant and Spotlight star Stanley Tucci. He said: "Neither were filming sadly. Think a lot of people who were watching had hoped to see David." A post about the production on the BBC’s website reveals Inside Man is a four-part mini-series that follows "a prisoner on death row in the US, a Vicar in a quiet English town, and a maths teacher trapped in a cellar, as they cross paths in the most unexpected way…" The series will premiere on BBC One and BBC iPlayer in the UK and on Netflix outside of the UK and Ireland.
- Being a Scottish actor.
- For his roles as the tenth incarnation of The Doctor in the BBC sci-fi series "Doctor Who" (2005-2010).
What is David Tennant Real Name?
David Tennant was born on 18th April 1971 with the real name of David John McDonald in Bathgate, Scotland. He is of Scottish nationality and he belongs to Scottish-white ethnicity. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is white. David has celebrated his 50th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Aries. He is the son of his father, Alexander "Sandy" McDonald (1937-2016), a minister who served as the Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland, and his mother, Helen McDonald (nee McLeod; 1940-2007). He has two siblings a brother, Blair, and sister Karen. His maternal great-grandparents, William and Agnes Blair were staunch Protestants from Northern Ireland's County Londonderry, who was among the signatories of the Ulster Covenant in 1912.
Moving to David's academic qualification, he attended Saturday classes at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama whereas he passed an audition for the Academy, becoming one of their youngest students and studying there between the ages of 17 and 20.
What does David Tennant do for a living?
- David Tennant kicks off his career starring in an anti-smoking film at the age of 16 after which he was seen in an episode of "Dramarama". His first professional role upon graduating from drama school was in a staging of "The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui".
- Then he made an early television appearance in the Scottish TV sitcom "Rab C Nesbitt" as a transgender barmaid called Davina and he was also awarded his first major TV role as Campbell Bain in the BBC Scotland drama series "Takin' Over the Asylum" (1994).
- One of his earliest big-screen roles was in "Jude" (1996) and his first Shakespearean role for the RSC was in "As You Like It" (1996).
- He subsequently specialized in comic roles, playing Antipholus of Syracuse in "The Comedy of Errors" and Captain Jack Absolute in "The Rivals", although he also played the role of Romeo in "Romeo and Juliet".
- He also contributed numerous audio dramatizations of Shakespeare for the "Arkangel Shakespeare" series (1998).
- In TV, he starred in the first episode of Reeves and Mortimer's revamped "Randall and Hopkirk" in 2000 whereas he started to appear on television more prominently in 2004 and 2005, when he starred in a dramatization of "He Knew He Was Right" (2004), "Blackpool" (2004), "Casanova" (2005), and "The Quatermass Experiment" (2005).
- "Doctor Who" returned to British screens in March 2005, with Christopher Eccleston playing the role of the Ninth Doctor in the first series as Tennant replaced him as of the second series, making his first brief appearance as the Tenth Doctor in the episode "The Parting of the Ways" (2005) at the end of the regeneration scene.
- Later, he began filming the new series of "Doctor Who" in late July 2005 as his first full-length outing as the Doctor was a 60-minute special, "The Christmas Invasion", first broadcast on Christmas Day 2005.
- As well, he played a lead role in the Big Finish audio play series "Dalek Empire III" as Galanar in 2004 whereas, in 2005, he starred in "UNIT: The Wasting for Big Finish", recreating his role of Brimmicombe-Wood from a "Doctor Who Unbound" play, "Sympathy for the Devil".
- Also, David recorded abridged audiobooks of "The Stone Rose" by Jacqueline Rayner, "The Feast of the Drowned" by Stephen Cole, and "The Resurrection Casket" by Justin Richards, for BBC Worldwide in 2006.
- He later made his directorial debut on the "Doctor Who Confidential" episode that accompanies Steven Moffat's episode "Blink", entitled "Do You Remember The First Time?", which aired on 9th June 2007.
- He also appeared in the one-off 50th-anniversary comedy homage "The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot" in 2013 as well as he joined the Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC), to play Hamlet with Patrick Stewart and Berowne in "Love's Labours Lost" in 2008.
- He was appointed to the Royal Shakespeare Company board in January 2012, to be on the selection committee interviewing and choosing the new artistic director.
- On 23rd January 2013, it was announced that David would return to the RSC for the company's 2013 winter season, playing the title role in "Richard II" at Stratford-upon-Avon (from 10th October to 16th November) and transferring to the Barbican Centre in London (from 9th December to 25th January 2014).
- Analogously, he can be seen in several films and TV series such as "Secret Smile", "Look Back in Anger", "Recovery", "Learners", "Extras", and many others.
- David filmed the lead in an NBC pilot, "Rex Is Not Your Lawyer", playing Rex in December 2009 whereas it was announced in September 2011 that he would voice a character in the movie adaptation of "Postman Pat" named "You Know You're the One" with a planned 3D theatrical release for spring 2013.
- He began shooting the semi-improvised comedy film, "Nativity 2: Danger in the Manger" in Coventry in October 2011.
- He played the lead in a one-off drama "The Minor Character" for Sky Arts in April 2012 and filmed "Spies of Warsaw" for BBC Four between April and June.
- Between January and May 2014, Tennant also filmed the US remake of "Broadchurch", re-titled "Gracepoint" as well as he filmed "The Escape Artist" for BBC One between late January and March 2013.
- He is the narrator on the Xbox One video game "Kinect Sports Rivals", released in 2014 and he also voiced the Propaganda Minister in the 2015 Square Enix video game "Just Cause 3".
- His name was announced for the Scottish feature film "I Feel Fine", a thriller set in Glasgow in the 1980s in autumn 2015.
- Tennant launched his own podcast, titled "David Tennant Does a Podcast With..." in 2019 and received his first credit as an executive producer for the series "Deadwater Fell".
- He portrayed Scottish serial killer Dennis Nilsen in "Des", a three-part miniseries on ITV in September 2020 as well as he appeared in the TV series "Staged" in 2020 and 2021.
Awards and Achievements
- Emmy Awards for his role in "Star Wars: The Clone Wars"
- BBC Audio Drama Awards for his work in "Kafka: The Musical"
- Television Awards for his role in "Des", "Staged"
- Constellation Awards for his role in "Doctor Who: The Girl in the Fireplace"
- Glenfiddich Spirit of Scotland Awards
- National Television Awards for his role in "Doctor Who"
- People's Choice Awards for his work in "Gracepoint"
- WhatsOnStage Awards for his work in "Don Juan in Soho"
- Tennant, David (2006). Foreword. "Doctor Who: The Inside Story".
- Tennant, David (2011). Foreword. "Elisabeth Sladen: The Autobiography"
- Tennant, David (2017). Foreword. "Is There Life Outside The Box? An Actor Despairs"
Who is David Tennant married to? Know About His Wife and Children
David Tennant is a married guy. He tied a knot with an actress Georgia Tennant on 30th December 2011. Georgia is the daughter of Peter Davison, who played the Fifth Doctor and Sandra Dickinson. The couple met in 2008 during the filming of the "Doctor Who" episode "The Doctor's Daughter". They have five children, including Ty Tennant, Georgia's child from a previous relationship whom David adopted. The couple's daughter, Olive, was born on 29th March 2011. Georgia gave birth to the couple's son, Wilfred on 2nd May 2013 and announced on 9th November 2015 that he and his wife had recently had another baby daughter, Doris as well as on 22nd May 2019 he announced her fifth pregnancy on "The Late Late Show" with James Corden. On 13th October, Georgia announced the birth of the child and in March 2020 revealed the child to be a daughter, named Birdie. The family lives in Chiswick, West London. Concerning David's sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of David Tennant?
David Tennant has a net worth of $7 million as of 2021 whereas his salary is around £1 million for each episode. He has the access to all the world's luxury and comfort. He couldn't have been more thankful to God for what he's blessed with. Tennant has also served as the brand ambassador for "Virgin Media" from where he gains a fine amount of money. In addition, his major source of income is from his acting career. He is also an ambassador for Worldwide Cancer Research.
How tall is David Tennant?
David Tennant has 6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm of tall height and his body weighs around 80 kg or 176.5 lbs. He has dark brown hair and eyes color. Furthermore, David is average by body build. He has kept his body maintained at this age too. He's definitely one of the hotshots of the industry at present.
Trivias About David Tennant You Need To Know.
- David was inspired to become an actor by the show Dr. Who, and his parents asked him to pursue a traditional job.
- He remained single-minded in his the pursuit of his goal, and was discovered by actress
- In 2007, he won a National Television Award for Most Popular Actor for his role as Dr. Who.
- He married Georgia Moffett in 2011. The couple had five children, Ty, Olive, Doris, Wilfred, and Birdie.
- He won the National Television Awards award for Most Popular Actor in 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2010.
- He was voted 16th Sexiest Man in the World by a 2008 Cosmopolitan survey
- In 2008, Tennant was voted "Greenest Star on the Planet" in an online vote held by Playhouse Disney as part of the Playing for the Planet Awards.
- Tennant is an ambassador for Worldwide Cancer Research.