Facts About David Walliams
|Celebrated Name||David Walliams|
|Age||51 Years Old|
|Nick Name||David Williams|
|Birth Name||David Edward Williams|
|Profession||Comedian , Actor , Writer|
|Birth Nation||United Kingdom|
|Place Of Birth||London Borough of Merton|
|Sisters||1; Julie Walliams|
|School||Collingwood Boys’ School|
|University||University of Bristol|
|Awards||National Television Awards and more|
|Sexual Orientation||Hinted about Pansexual|
|Wife||Lara Stone (Divorce)|
|Net Worth||$40 Million|
|Salary||$4.33 Million being a judge of talent show|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Height||6 feet 2 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Multi-talented, David Edward Williams famed as David Walliams is a British comedian, actor, writer, and television personality who is famous for his work with Matt Lucas on the BBC sketch comedy series Rock Profile (1999-2000, 2009), Little Britain (2003-2007), and Come Fly With Me (2010-2011). He got his first work in a film by voicing a character in the horror-comedy movie, Shaun of the Dead in 2004. However, his work in the movie wasn’t credited. His first credited role was of a minor character of an accountant in the 2005 released comedy, Stoned. He made his first TV show appearance in the sketch comedy series, Asylum in 1996. He also served as a writer for the show. Besides this, he has been a judge on the ITV talent show Britain’s Got Talent since 2012. As an author, his books have sold more than 12.5 million copies worldwide. Some of his books have been adapted into television films, which he has also appeared in, such as Mr Stink (2012), Gangsta Granny (2013), and Billionaire Boy (2016). He has also appeared in the BBC series Partners in Crime as Tommy Beresford. He played the role of Greville White in the television film Capturing Mary (2007). He wrote and starred in the BBC One sitcom Big School (2013-2014), playing the role of chemistry teacher Keith Church. Recently, he was announced as the new National Television Awards (NTAs) host for 2020, taking over after Dermot O'Leary's ten-year presenting stint.
- Being an English comedian, actor, writer, and television personality.
- For his partnership with popular comedian Matt Lucas for the famous sketch comedy show, Little Britain.
- For serving as a judge of the popular talent hunt show, Britain’s Got Talent.
- For portraying the role of chemistry teacher Keith Church in the sitcom, "Big School".
Where is David Walliams from?
David was born on 20th August 1971 at St Teresa's Maternity Hospital in Wimbledon in the London Borough of Merton, the United Kingdom. His birth name is David Edward Walliams. As of 2020, he celebrated his 49th birthday. His father, Peter Walliams was a London Transport engineer, and his mother, Kathleen Walliams was a lab technician. He also has a sibling, a sister named Julie Walliams. He grew up in Banstead, Surrey. His nationality is British and his ethnicity is British-White. Leo is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christian.
About his education, David attended Collingwood Boys’ School in Wallington. He later completed his graduation from the University of Bristol with a Bachelor of Arts. During university holidays in 1990, he performed with the National Youth Theatre, where he met future comedy partner and friend Matt Lucas.
How was the Career of David Walliams?
- Initially, he performed in the Big Finish Productions Doctor Who audio play Phantasmagoria, written by Mark Gatiss in the year 1999.
- He presented a documentary on James Bond, entitled David Walliams: My Life with James Bond in 2000.
- He returned to non-comedy television portraying a suave and dangerous manipulator in Stephen Poliakoff's Capturing Mary in 2007.
- Then, he portrayed comedian Frankie Howerd in the BBC Four television film Rather You Than Me.
- He appeared with Paul Rudd and Steve Carell in the comedy Dinner for Schmucks in 2010.
- Also, he played the strange mole-like alien Gibbis in the sixth series of Doctor Who, in the episode "The God Complex" in 2011.
- Furthermore, he appeared in an episode of ITV's Perspectives program entitled "David Walliams: The Genius of Dahl" in April 2012.
- He narrated Are You Having a Laugh? TV and Disability on BBC Two, and the ITV2 series Top Dog Model in 2012.
- He appeared in two episodes of the comedy series Blandings as Rupert Baxter in 2013.
- He starred as chemistry teacher Keith Church in the BBC One sitcom Big School in 2014.
- He narrated a short video for the charity, Electrical Safety First in March 2014.
- He played the role of Tommy Beresford in Partners in Crime, a six-part BBC series in 2015.
- He began filming for his BBC sketch show Walliams & Friend in September 2015 and the show returned for a full series in November 2016, and a second series has been announced.
- He hosted the final comedy show Thrills and Spills in December 2016.
- He presented the Royal Variety Performance and a Christmas special episode of Blankety Blank in December 2016.
- He also guests presented five episodes of The Nightly Show for ITV in 2017.
- As of October 2019, in a video posted on social media, he was announced as the new National Television Awards (NTAs) host for 2020, taking over after Dermot O'Leary's ten-year presenting stint.
- David Walliams and Matt Lucas firstly met at the National Youth Theatre. Later, they played grotesque caricatures of various rock musicians in the series Rock Profile and in the spoof documentary series Sir Bernard's Stately Homes in the late 1990s.
- Walliams and Lucas also had small roles in Plunkett and Maclaine as prisoners & has also appeared together in a music video for the Pet Shop Boys single "I'm with Stupid".
- The pair are best known for Little Britain, which ran from 2003 to 2009 on the BBC in the UK and from 2008 onwards on HBO in the USA.
- Their later series was Come Fly with Me, a six-part series airing on BBC One.
- In October 2019, Lucas and Walliams announced Little Britain would be returning to BBC Radio 4 on 31 October 2019, for a one-off special entitled "Little Brexit".
- He has been a judge on the ITV talent show Britain's Got Talent with Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon, and Simon Cowell since 2012.
- David signed a contract with HarperCollins to publish two children's books in early 2008.
- His debut novel is "The Boy in the Dress" which was illustrated by Quentin Blake.
- His second book was released in November 2009 entitled "Mr Stink", again illustrated by Quentin Blake.
- He published his third book Billionaire Boy, illustrated by Tony Ross on 28th October 2010.
- His fourth book, Gangsta Granny was released in October 2011 and again illustrated by Tony Ross.
- In September 2012, he released his fifth children's book, Ratburger.
- His sixth book, Demon Dentist was released after a year.
- His seventh children's book, Awful Auntie, was released on 25 September 2014.
- In September 2015 he released Grandpa's Great Escape.
- The Midnight Gang was published in November 2016.
- Bad Dad was published in November 2017. Walliams sold £16.57 million worth of books in 2017.
- The Ice Monster was published in November 2018.
- His latest children's novel, Slime, was published in April 2020.
- In May 2019, it was announced that The World's Worst Teachers would be published on 27 June.
Theatre and Screenwriting Career
- David made his stage debut at the Gate Theatre in Dublin opposite Michael Gambon in Harold Pinter's No Man's Land on 26th August 2008.
- He played the part of Bottom in a production of A Midsummer Night's Dream at the Noël Coward Theatre in 2013.
- He appeared on stage with Monty Python during their live show Monty Python Live (Mostly) held at the O2 Arena, London in July 2014.
- It was announced in November 2015 that he would be co-writing an animated feature with filmmaker Edgar Wright for DreamWorks Animation. In July 2016, it was announced that it would be titled Shadows and be released in 2019.
- He also starred in the British Airways Safety video in 2018.
Awards and Achievements
David won the award for Best TV Judge at the 2015 National Television Awards. He has also received the Lincolnshire Young People’s Book Award in the 9-11-year-old category with his book, Mr. Stink followed by the ‘Landmark Achievement Award’. His fourth book "Gangsta Granny" won a Red House Children's Book Award and was adapted to be a 70-minute film for BBC One and shown on 26 December 2013. His sixth book, Demon Dentist won the top prize in the Younger Readers category at the 2015 Red House Children's Book Awards. He was also appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2017 Birthday Honours for services to charity and the arts.
Who is David Walliams Wife?
David Walliams was a previously married man. As of now, he is dating his beautiful girlfriend, a Norwegian model named Sylvia Flote. Sylvia started dating David since she broke up with her longtime boyfriend. The couple has been spotted many times in public. Their first public sighting was after a dinner date at the posh Harry's Bar in London’s Mayfair. The couple started dating in 2017 and they are enjoying their present life happily without any disturbances. Regarding his sexual orientation, he hinted at being pansexual in the book Inside Little Britain but said he did not like to be labeled by that word.
Previously, he had an affair with controversial model Abi Titmuss in 2004. He was linked up with rock singer and model Patsy Kensit in 2004. In May 2005, David was reported to be going out with TV star Leilani Dowding. In August 2006, David was rumored to have charmed Playboy model Emily Scott. Walliams caught the eye of the former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell in April 2007. David was rumored to be dating model Erin O’Connor in 2007. By the end of 2008, David was making moves on lingerie model Lauren Budd. He started going out with a Dutch supermodel, Lara Stone in May 2009. He was reported to have filled her house with flowers after their first public date. In January 2010, they announced that they had got engaged. On 16th May 2010, they got married in a lavish wedding ceremony held in London at central London’s Claridge’s Hotel. The duo also has a son named Alfred who was born on 6th May 2013. In September 2015, he filed for divorce, citing her unreasonable behavior. In late 2015, he was rumored to be going out with model Ashley James.
His charity work includes swimming the English Channel, Strait of Gibraltar, and River Thames, raising millions of pounds for the BBC charity Sport Relief.
What is the Net Worth of David Walliams?
Successful actor and author, David Walliams has accumulated a huge amount of money throughout his career. As of 2021, the net worth of David is estimated to have $40 Million. As a judge in the talent show, he is receiving a salary of $4.33 million. David Walliams hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand. His major source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry and he is satisfied with his earnings. In September 2011, he helped raise more than $2 million for the charity organization Sport Relief by swimming 140 miles in the Thames River. He is living luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is David Walliams?
With an average body build, David Walliams has a towering height of 6 feet 2 inches, and his weight consists of 92 kg. He has dark brown hair and his eye color is also dark brown. With advancing age, he also has some silver-hued locks. He has a round face with puffy cheeks. He has a broad and prominent chin. His body specifications like chest, waist, and biceps measurements are unknown. He has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and he described his 2006 swim on the English Channel as "some sort of redemption".
Trivias About David Walliams You Need To Know.
- David Edward is famous for his work with Matt Lucas on the BBC sketch comedy series Rock Profile (1999-2000, 2009), Little Britain (2003-2007), and Come Fly With Me (2010-2011).
- He made his first TV show appearance in the sketch comedy series, Asylum in 1996.
- He has been a judge on the ITV talent show Britain’s Got Talent since 2012.
- He wrote and starred in the BBC One sitcom Big School (2013-2014), playing the role of chemistry teacher Keith Church.
- His birth name is David Edward Walliams.
- He has a sibling, a sister named Julie Walliams.