Davy Klaassen - Bio, Net Worth, Girlfriend, Family, Age, Facts, Career
Davy Klaassen is a versatile Dutch professional footballer who comes to light for playing as a midfielder for Eredivisie club Ajax and the Netherlands national team. He has captained the Dutch club Ajax, and gained caps for the Dutch national senior team since 2014. His shirt number is 6. He started his youth soccer career in 1999 upon joining the youth academy of HVV de Zebra and began his time in Ajax's youth program in 2004. Davy was named Dutch Footballer of the Year in 2016. He also earned captainship prior to the 2015-2016 season for Ajax when he replaced the outgoing Niklas Moisander. He scored his first international goal and the team's second goal in a 2-0 win over Spain in a friendly match on 31st March 2015. Besides, Davy is also active on social media as he has earned more than 332K followers on his Instagram account and over 85K followers on his Twitter account.
Davy Klaassen famous for
- He is a Dutch professional footballer.
- He plays as a midfielder for Eredivisie club Ajax and the Netherlands national team.
Where is Davy Klaassen from?
Davy Klaassen was born on 21st February 1993 in Hilversum, Netherlands. He is Dutch by nationality and Dutch-white by ethnicity. Likewise, his religious belief is in the Christian religion and his race is white. Davy's present age is 29 which he celebrated recently in 2022 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Pisces. His father's name is Gert-Jan Klaassen and his mother's name is Kitty Klaassen. He has two siblings named Aaron Klaassen and Naomi Klaassen.
Which team does Davy Klaassen play for?
Davy Klaassen kicks off his football career in the youth ranks of local amateur side HVV de Zebra's, where he played until 2003 when he transferred to HSV Wasmeer. He then joined Ajax Youth Academy where he helped his side to win the Nike Eredivisie league title, as well as finishing as runners-up to Inter Milan in the NextGen Series after losing on penalties (5-3) following a 1-1 deadlock after extra time.
- Davy made his debut for the first team in the UEFA Champions League group stage away draw (0-0) against Olympique Lyonnais on 22nd November 2011 and made his Eredivisie debut on 27th November as a substitute against NEC and scored only 42 seconds after having been subbed on.
- On 11th December 2011, he made his debut in the starting XI of the Ajax first team and played the entire match which ended in a 0-1 away win for Ajax against RKC Waalwijk.
- Then he made his debut in the Dutch Eerste Divisie in the 2-0 win against Telstar while playing for the newly promoted reserves team Jong Ajax on 5th August 2013.
Subsequently, on 20th September 2013, he scored his first goal for Jong Ajax in the 1-2 away victory against FC Eindhoven as well as he scored his first hat-trick while playing for the first team, in a 4-0 victory at home over NAC Breda on 7th December 2013.
- He was named Ajax' captain for the 2015-2016 season, replacing the departed Niklas Moisander.
- Davy signed for Premier League side Everton on a five-year deal worth £23.6 million on 15th June 2017 and made his first official appearance for Everton in a 1-0 win over MFK Ruzomberok in the UEFA Europa League third qualifying round first leg.
- On 12th August 2017, he made his league debut for Everton and endured a difficult season with the club, falling out of favor with both Sam Allardyce and Marco Silva after Ronald Koeman was fired in October 2017.
- Klaassen joined Werder Bremen on a four-year deal on 27th July 2018 while the transfer fee paid to Everton was reported as €13.5 million (£12 million).
Return to Ajax
- Davy rejoined Ajax on a contract until 30th June 2024, with a transfer fee that could rise to €14 million on 5th October 2020.
- Davy Klaassen made his debut for the Dutch national team at youth levels by debuting for the Netherlands U-16 team on 28th October 2008 in the 10th edition of the Tournoi Val de Marne '08 in the 3-0 victory over Italy U-16.
- He made his first appearance for the Netherlands U17 team in a friendly encounter against France U17 which ended in a 1-0 loss for the Dutch on 22nd September 2009.
- He then scored his first goal for the under-17 side in his 8th appearance, a friendly match against Greece U17 on 3rd March 2010, and played a major role in the Netherlands qualifying campaign ahead of the 2010 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship as well as playing in the 2009 edition of La Manga Cup.
- Later he made his debut for the Netherlands U19 team in a friendly match against Germany U19 which ended in a 2-2 draw on 2nd September 2010.
- On 10th October 2013, he made his debut for the under-21 side in that qualification match helping the Dutch to defeat Georgia 6-0 in which he replaced Luc Castaignos in the 81st minute of the match.
- Apparently, he made his debut for the Netherlands' first team under head coach Louis van Gaal at the Stade de France in Paris on 5th March 2014, in a friendly match against France ahead of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- He later scored his first international goal and the team's second goal in a 2-0 win over Spain in a friendly match on 31st March 2015.
Awards and Achievements
- Eredivisie: 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2020-2021, 2021-2022
- KNVB Cup: 2020-2021
- Johan Cruyff Shield: 2013
- UEFA Europa League: runner-up 2016-2017
- Best player of AEGON Future Cup: 2010
- Ajax Talent of the Future (Sjaak Swart Award): 2010-2011
- Hilversum Sportsman of the Year: 2013
- Ajax Talent of the Year (Marco van Basten Award): 2013-2014
- Johan Cruijff Award: 2014
- Dutch Footballer of the Year: 2016
- Ajax on 5th October 2020 at 11m euros
- Werder Bremen on 27th July 2017 at 12m euros
- Everton on 1st July 2017 at 27th m euros
- Ajax on 1st July 2012
Who is Davy Klaassen girlfriend?
Davy Klaassen is an unmarried footballer. He is in a romantic relationship with his beautiful girlfriend, Laura Benschop who is a criminologist, hair stylist, and interior designer. The couple is having a good time together, which signifies they do not have affairs with other people. There is a greater possibility of his marriage after all he seems happy in his relationship with his girlfriend however the couple has not yet made any plan for their marriage. Concerning Davy's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Davy Klaassen's Net Worth?
Davy Klaassen has been in sports for quite a long time. Davy Klaassen has a net worth of $5 million as of 2022 and he also earns a handsome amount of salary which is around £3,640,000 per year. With his hard work and luck by his side, he can double the amount of wealth he has today. Davy's current market value is €12.00m whereas his highest market value was €22.00m as of 5th June 2019. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
Davy Klaassen Height, Weight and Hair
Davy Klaassen stands at a tall height of 6 ft 1 in / 185 cm with a balanced body weight of 170 lb / 77 kg. He has short blonde hair and lights brown eyes color. Moreover, his body build type is athletic. Davy has maintained his shape over the years with regular exercise as a sportsman.
Trivias About Davy Klaassen You Need To Know.
- He began his youth soccer career in 1999 upon joining the youth academy of HVV de Zebra's.
- In 2016, he was named Dutch Footballer of the Year.
- He earned captainship prior to the 2015-2016 season for Ajax when he replaced the outgoing Niklas Moisander.
- On 31st March 2015, Klaassen scored his first international goal and the team's second goal in a 2-0 win over Spain in a friendly match.
- Klaassen's nickname is "cheese straw" (Dutch: kaasstengel) due to his physical appearance.