Dawn Foster - Bio, Net Worth, Death, Cause of Death, Married, Husband, Family, Parents, Nationality, Age, Height, Wiki, Awards, Facts, Career, Illness
Dawn Foster was a British journalist, broadcaster, and author who was well-known for her work as a regular columnist for "The Guardian". She worked as a staff writer for Jacobin magazine who even had contributed to the London Review of Books, Times Literary Supplement, The Independent and The Nation, and many other magazines throughout her career.
Grown-up in a low-income single-family household, Foster went on to become one of the popular journalists that she was even named to the 2017 Orwell Prize's long-list for exposing Britain's social evils. Foster even has released her books first being "Lean Out" in 2016 later her second book titled "Where Will We Live?" in 2018. She was even listed at Number 82 in "The 100 Most Influential People on the Left" for her contributions.
She passed away at age of 33 on July 15, 2021, in London, England following her long-term illness even so her death was mocked by Giles Coren through a tweet. This left him trouble leaving his home daubed with ‘Dawn Foster Forever’ now.
What was Dawn Foster Famous for?
- Famous as a journalist.
- Known for her work for "The Guardian".
Where was Dawn Foster From?
Dawn Foster was born on September 12, 1986, in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Her birth name was Dawn Foster. Her nationality was British. Foster belonged to White ethnicity while Virgo was her zodiac sign.
Born and raised in a low-income single-family household in Newport, South Wales, Dawn developed an interest in literature since her childhood. Even so, her parents were poor and were unemployed they managed to send Dawn to Caerleon Comprehensive School and Bassaleg High School as well.
Her academic scores were so good that she even got a scholarship to study English literature at Warwick University.
When did Dawn Foster Die?
On July 15, 2021, Dawn Foster died in London, England, following her long-term health problems. She was just 33 at the time she died. Her death was announced by her friends and colleagues via social media sites. She was hospitalized until July 9 when she was discharged however she was found dead at her home just 6 days later.
Her fellow political commentators and journalists paid tribute to her death on social media including several politicians; Jeremy Corbyn, Mary Lou McDonald, Angela Rayner, and John McDonnell.
In her last public message, she inspired others to use community pharmacies as “not big corps.” She wrote: “I love mine, they’re just as much help as the GP surgery in an emergency, true heroes.”
However, Giles Coren was the exception as instead of paying condolences he was found mocking her death openly on Twitter. His act was considered to be inhuman that now his home has been daubed with ‘Dawn Foster Forever’.
Dawn Foster's Career Highlights
- Dawn Foster started her career shortly after her graduation from Warwick University as a journalist. As a journalist, she earned several acclaims as a regular columnist for The Guardian.
- Her works were highly appreciated by several magazines and even by politicians. She also contributed regularly to The Independent, The Nation, and Jacobin as a staff writer.
- She was also an author who even had released two books before her death. Her first book titled "Lean Out" was published in January 2016 by Repeater Books. Later in 2018, she released her second book titled "Where Will We Live?".
- Even at the time of her death, it was revealed that she was working on another book, "a cultural history of the dole".
Awards and Achievements
- Awarded the International Building Press Prize for Young Journalist of the Year in 2014
- Named the Non-traditional Journalist of the Year at the inaugural Words by Women Awards
- Enlisted for the Orwell Prize for Exposing Britain's Social Evils in 2017
- Shortlisted for the Bread and Roses Award 2017
- Enlisted in "The 100 Most Influential People on the Left" in 2017.
Was Dawn Foster Married?
Dawn Foster was an unmarried woman. She was quite busy taking care of herself as she suffered from epilepsy and schwannomatosis for a long time, which she even had written about being disabled in one of her writings.
Dawn Foster's Net Worth
Dawn Foster had an established career as a journalist and an author that she had been working for years. Her source of income was quite good that she even managed to work with several magazines. Including which she had a net worth estimated to be around $500k.
Dawn Foster's Height
Dawn Foster was a beautiful woman with an over-size body physique in her early 30s at the time of her death. She had a fair complexion with grey hair and blue eyes.