Facts About Dayana Yastremska
|23 Years Old
|Dayana Oleksandrivna Yastremska
|Place Of Birth
|Popular Ukrainian tennis player
|Turned professional in 2015
|First WTA title at the Hong Kong Tennis Open in October 2018
|No. 21 (As of 2021)
|Sascha Bajin (Former)
|1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)
|139 lbs (63 kg)
|Source of Wealth
|Tennis (prize money, endorsements, bonuses)
Dayana Oleksandrivna Yastremska, professionally known as Dayan Yastremska is a Ukrainian professional tennis player. Yastremska plays on the WTA Tour and currently ranks at No. 21 in the world, as of August 2021. She has won three WTA titles to date, the first being the Hong Kong Tennis Open in 2018. She won two WTA titles, the Hua Hin Championships and the Internationaux de Strasbourg in 2019. She reached the career-best fourth round of Wimbledon in 2019.
What is Dayana Yastremska Famous For?
- Won three WTA titles between 2018 and 2019.
Where is Dayana Yastremska From?
Dayana Yastremska was born on 15 May 2000. Her birth name is Dayana Oleksandrivna Yastremska. Her birth place is in Odesa in Ukraine. She holds Ukrainian nationality. She was born to her father, Alexander Yastremsky, and her mother, Marina Yastremsky. She has a sister named Ivanna. She belongs to white ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
Dayana Yastremska Career
- Dayana Yastremska started playing tennis at an early age.
- She tried gymnastics and swimming but ultimately chose to pursue tennis at 12.
- She participated in her first tournament when she was only 7.
- As a junior, she finished runner-up at the 12-and-under Junior Orange Bowl in 2012.
- She made her ITF Junior Circuit debut in March 2014 at age 13.
- She won her first title at a grade 4 event in November 2014.
- She won a Grade 2 title in August 2015 and made her highest-level Grade A tournament debut in October 2015, where she reached the quarterfinals at the Osaka Mayor's Cup in Japan.
- She made her junior Grand Slam debut at 2016 Australian Open and reached the singles quarterfinals. She reached the finals in doubles.
- She won the only Grade A title of her career with partner Panna Udvardy.
- She reached the career-high junior ranking at No. 6 in the world after she finished runner-up in Wimbledon.
- She turned professional in 2015.
- She started playing on the ITF Women's Circuit.
- She reached the semifinal at a $10K event in Sharm El Sheikh.
- She won her first ITF title at the $25K event in Campinas, Brazil in March 2016.
- She made her WTA main draw debut at the Istanbul Cup at age 15. She lost in the opening round.
- She recorded her first WTA main draw match at the Istanbul Cup in 2017.
- She won an ITF $60K title at the Ladies Open Dunakeszi in September 2017.
- She reached the final at the $100K Neva Cup in 2017.
- She won three ITF titles in doubles in 2017.
- She won the $60K Torneo Internazionale Femminile Antico Tiro a Volo and made her Top 100 debut at age 18.
- She won her maiden WTA title at the Hong Kong Tennis Open in October 2018.
- She recorded her first career top 20 victory against No. 13 Garbine Muguruza.
- She reached No. 57 at the end of 2018.
- She won her second WTA title at the Hua Hin Championships in 2019. She defeated Ajla Tomljanovic in the final.
- She won the third WTA title of her career at the Internationaux de Strasbourg in May 2019.
- She recorded her first career top 10 victory after she defeated No. 2 Karolina Pliskova.
- She finished 2019 at a career-high of No. 22 in the world.
- She reached the final at the Premier-level Adelaide International in 2020, where she lost to Ashleigh Barty.
- She played for Ukraine in the Fed Cup in 2020 before tennis was suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- She was suspended from competition at the start of 2021 after she tested positive for mesterolone.
- The International Tennis Federation ruled in June 2021 that Yastremska was not responsible for the positive result.
- She returned to tennis at the Hamburg Open in 2021.
Who is Dayana Yastremeska Boyfriend?
Dayana Yastremeska is not married yet. She is reportedly single at present. She previously dated a guy whose identity is not available. While Yastremeska was facing doping charges, a newspaper claimed that she instructed her then-boyfriend to testify that she got mesterolone in her body through sexual intercourse. More details about her personal life, dating history, and boyfriend will be updated here.
How Tall is Dayana Yastremeska?
Dayana Yastremeska stands at a height of 1.75 m i.e. 5 feet and 9 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 139 lbs i.e. 63 kg. She has an athletic body build. Her eye color is blue and her hair color is blonde. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What are Dayana Yastremska Career Earnings and Net Worth?
Dayana Yastremska earns from her professional career as a tennis player. Her income comes from prize money, contracts, and endorsements. As a professional tennis player, she has earned over $2 million in career earnings to date. Her other income comes from sponsorships. She has been endorsed by Yonex for clothing, apparel, and racket. She was previously endorsed by Nike. At present, his net worth is estimated at around $2 million.
Trivias About Dayana Yastremska You Need To Know.
- Her father had been a volleyball player and also has served on the Odesa City Council.
- Her grandfather Ivan introduced her to tennis when she was 5.
- Her mother serves as her mental coach.
- Her former coaches are Gavin Hopper, Justine Henin, Oliver Jeunehomme, and Sascha Bajin.
- Yastremska is one of the most aggressive players on the WTA Tour.