Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:17 am
Facts About D.C. Young Fly
|Celebrated Name||D.C. Young Fly|
|Age||31 Years Old|
|Nick Name||D.C. Young Fly|
|Birth Name||John Whitfield|
|Profession||Actor , Comedian , Rapper|
|Place Of Birth||Atlanta, Georgia|
|Siblings||7 - Richie Whitfield|
|High School||Benjamin E. Mays High School|
|Net Worth||$2 million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment and Music Industry|
|Salary||Thousand of Dollar|
|Girlfriend||Ms Jacky Oh|
|Height||5 feet 11 inches or 180.5 cm|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
D.C. Young Fly is a multifaceted American talent known for his contributions as an actor, comedian, rapper, screenwriter, and internet personality. He gained prominence through his involvement in the MTV comedy show "Wild 'N Out" starting from Season 7. Additionally, he garnered attention for his comedic videos on Instagram, particularly his "roasting sessions." One notable incident involved a controversy with Azealia Banks during her first appearance on "Wild 'N Out" in 2018, where she accused the organization of being "anti-black" and threatened DC Young Fly backstage. Another noteworthy moment was his freestyle battle with Ne-Yo on the show, which took place in the presence of Zendaya Coleman. As a comedian, he has released several comedy albums, including "The 85 South Live Comedy Show Atlanta" in 2017, "The Long Beach Comedy Special" in 2018, and "Crack Smoke In Your Body" (Live From the Nashville Comedy Festival) in 2019. He was in a relationship with Ms Jacky Oh who dies on 1st June 2023 at age 32.
In his rap career, he has released tracks such as "Westside Connection," "M.A.P." featuring Money Bag, "Right Now," and "No Weed," along with mixtapes like "Curb Music" and "Trap Soul." Alongside his comedic and musical endeavors, he has appeared in various television shows and movies. Notable projects include "Almost Christmas" (2016), "#DigitalLivesMatter" (2016), "Armed" (2018), "The Trap" (2019), and TV movies such as "Hollywood Hearts" (2016) and "How High 2" (2019). His versatility as a performer has contributed to his widespread recognition and success. With his combined talents and dedication, he has made a name for himself as both a comedian and a rapper, captivating audiences with his unique style and charisma.
What is the real name of D.C. Young Fly?
Born on May 2, 1992, in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, D.C. Young Fly, whose real name is John Whitfield, is an American individual with a mixed African-American ethnicity. He proudly holds American nationality and follows the Christian religion. As a Taurus, he embodies the determined and reliable characteristics associated with this zodiac sign. In 2023, he celebrated his 31st birthday, marking another milestone in his life. His upbringing was marked by challenges, including his parents' divorce when he was around 6 years old. Tragically, his father passed away in 2013 after battling Alzheimer's disease, which profoundly affected him as his father's illness progressed. In 2014, he surprised his mother with a new Mercedes-Benz car, saying he “got her out of the hood” as he promised. Growing up, he was one of seven siblings, navigating life with the support and bond of his older brothers and sisters. One of his brothers was Richie Whitfield, a rapper known as Da Crew, who was murdered. Unfortunately, he was exposed to a risky environment at a young age, engaging in activities such as gambling by playing "shooting dice" in his neighborhood at the age of 12. As he got older, he became involved in the drug trade, starting with selling weed at 15 and later transitioning to selling crack at 17.
Despite these challenges, D.C. Young Fly's journey took him to Benjamin E. Mays High School in Atlanta, Georgia, where he pursued his education.
How was the Career of D.C. Young Fly?
- D.C. Young Fly's career took off with his comedic presence on social media.
- In 2013, he gained recognition by sharing comedy videos on Vine and later transitioned to Instagram, where his videos roasting celebrities gained widespread attention.
- Notable figures like Kevin Hart and LeBron James took notice of his talent, further propelling his rise to fame.
- Television became another platform for D.C. Young Fly to showcase his comedic prowess.
- In 2015, he became a recurring cast member on the VH1 show "Wild 'n Out," hosted by Nick Cannon.
- His role on the sketch comedy and battle rap improv game show continued to grow, eventually leading to his status as a main cast member in 2020.
- He made guest appearances on various television shows, including "The Quad," "Mann & Wife," "Tales," and "In the Cut."
- He also had notable roles in the TV series "Dead House," where he portrayed the character Dead Ass.
- In addition, he hosted MTV's "TRL" and participated as a guest panelist on the game show "Hip Hop Squares."
- In the realm of film, he made his feature film debut in 2016 with the comedy "#DigitalLivesMatter," in which he not only acted but also co-produced.
- He continued to expand his filmography with appearances in movies like "Almost Christmas," "Armed," "I Got the Hook-Up 2," and "The Trap." In 2023, he starred in the remake of the comedy "House Party."
- Beyond his presence in comedy and film, he ventured into the music industry, releasing several mixtapes such as "Supplyin' Pressure," "Fly Allegiance," "If You Didn't Know Me," "Curb Music," and "Trap Soul."
- He collaborated with notable artists including Juicy J, Mike Will Made It, and B.o.B.
- Moreover, he co-hosted the popular comedy podcast "The 85 South Show" with Clayton English and Karlous Miller, which later transitioned into live comedy shows featuring Chico Bean in place of English.
What is D.C. Young Fly's net worth?
D.C. Young Fly is a multi-talented individual who has found success as an actor, comedian, and musician. With a net worth of $2 million, he has established himself as a prominent figure in the entertainment industry. His primary source of income stems from his involvement in the music industry, where he has garnered a significant following. He enjoys a comfortable and enjoyable lifestyle, thanks to his earnings. One of D.C. Young Fly's revenue streams comes from his active YouTube channel, which boasts an impressive subscriber base of over 3 million. This platform allows him to generate income through advertising earnings, which amount to an estimated $50-75,000 per year. Additionally, he has secured endorsements with brands like Watchable, further contributing to his financial success. Notably, D.C. Young Fly is renowned for his comedic skills, particularly for his popular "roasting sessions" videos. His talent has landed him appearances in various well-known American television shows and movies.
The young star's fame and income have been further bolstered by his leading role in the movie "Almost Christmas," which achieved global box office sales of $42.6 million. Additionally, he capitalizes on his popularity by charging between $30-50,000 for personal appearances and speaking engagements. With a diverse range of ventures and projects under his belt, D.C. Young Fly has built a thriving career in the entertainment world, contributing to his financial prosperity and widespread recognition.
Who is D.C. Young Fly's girlfriend?
D.C. Young Fly embarked on a romantic relationship with his girlfriend, the renowned actress, model, TV personality, and entrepreneur, Ms Jacky Oh, in 2015. Their connection blossomed during their time as co-stars on MTV's Wild 'N Out comedy TV series. Jacky Oh, a talented individual in her own right, was notably recognized for her creation of a lip gloss collection called J.nova. The duo is blessed with three children namely Nova Whitfield, Nala Whitfield, and Prince' Nehemiah. Tragically, Jacky Oh passed away on 1st June 2023, at the young age of 32, leaving behind a profound impact on those who knew and admired her.
How tall is D.C. Young Fly?
D.C. Young Fly is a charismatic rapper with a captivating smile and a radiant face. He exudes a cool and confident aura that draws people in. In terms of his body stats, he has a slim build that complements his overall appearance. Standing at a height of 5 feet 11 inches or 180.5 cm, he has a tall and slender physique. Weighing around 72 kg or 159 lbs, he maintains a fit and healthy lifestyle. After his brother was murdered, D.C. Young Fly tattooed his forehead to honor him and decided to change his life, to turn it all around. He quit the gang life and started to focus on music.
D.C. Young Fly's distinct features include his afro haircut, fuller lips, and dark brown eyes, which add to his unique charm. Additionally, he has multiple tattoos adorning his body, adding an element of personal expression to his overall image.
Trivias About D.C. Young Fly You Need To Know.
- The audience recognized him for his catchphrase “FawwwkUMean?"
- He was affiliated with hashtags #teamIgnant and #hoodcomedy on Instagram.
- In May 2015, after spending 31 days in jail, he vowed never to go back.
- As part of the Wild ‘N Out TV series on MTV, on June 21, 2019, he battled Ne-Yo in freestyle while Zendaya Coleman was watching.
- He was praised for his interviews and music he made from a well-known rapper Snoop Dogg on June 23, 2019. The two also smoked large cigars together.
- He got his nickname for his love of DC comics he often read during his trips to the toilet.