Facts About Deebo Samuel
|27 Years Old
|Tyshun Raequan Samuel
|Football Wide Reciever
|Place Of Birth
|Inman, South Carolina, the U.S.
|University of South Carolina
|Source of Wealth
|Football wide receiver career
|6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)
|215 lb (98 kg)
|Wikipedia Instagram Twitter
Tyshun Raequan Samuel, excellently known as Deebo Samuel is an American football wide receiver for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at South Carolina and was drafted by the 49ers in the second round of the 2019 NFL Draft. He also was the 36th overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. Deebo was selected to the Pro Bowl and received first-team All-Pro honors in 2021. His 53 rushing yards in the 2020 Super Bowl broke the record for the most ever rushing yards by a wide receiver in Super Bowl history. He is also active in social media as he has amassed over 841k followers on his Instagram account and more than 170.6K followers on his Twitter account. Additionally, Samuel after the game created a new position for himself at the 2022 Pro Bowl, he declared himself a "wide back" after being used as a running back midway and through the rest of the season.
Deebo Samuel famous for
- Being an American football wide receiver.
- For playing for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL).
What is Deebo Samuel's real name?
Tyshun Raequan "Deebo" Samuel was born on 15th January 1996 with the real name of Tyshun Raequan Samuel in Inman, South Carolina, the U.S. He holds American nationality and he belongs to African-American ethnicity. Likewise, his religious belief is in the Christian religion and his race is black. Deebo recently celebrated his 26th birthday in 2022 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Capricorn. He is the son of his father Galen Samuel whereas his mother's name is not known.
Regarding Deebo's education, he attended Chapman High School in Inman, South Carolina, where he played high school football and was coached by Mark Hodge. He committed to the University of South Carolina to play college football.
Deebo Samuel's career stats
- Deebo Samuel jumps off his career leading his team to the semifinals of the AAA playoffs as a senior as he had 166 catches for 2,751 yards and 36 touchdowns and finished with a record 53 career touchdowns, 94 tackles, and 12 interceptions.
- He then won the High School Sports Report Class AAA Offensive Player of the Year and played in the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas. He was rated as a three-star recruit by the 247 composites.
- He redshirted in his true freshman year of 2014 and played in five games total and finished the season with 12 receptions for 161 yards.
- He played in 10 games and led the team with 59 receptions for 783 yards in his sophomore season and he had 14 receptions for 190 receiving yards in the Birmingham Bowl against USF.
- He returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown and had five catches for 83 yards for two touchdowns in the first game of the season against NC State.
- As well, he once again returned a kickoff for a touchdown in Week 2 against Missouri, finished with five catches for 45 yards, and also ran the ball two times for 30 yards and a touchdown.
- He caught a 68-yard touchdown pass from Gamecock quarterback Jake Bentley in Week 3 against Kentucky whereas he would finish the season having not even played three full games, yet accumulated 250 yards receiving for three touchdowns, two carries for 30 yards, and a touchdown, and two kickoff returns for two touchdowns for a combined 194 yards.
- He caught a pass from Jake Bentley and was awkwardly tackled by Derrick Baity Jr. of Kentucky with 2:27 left in the third quarter, bending his leg back in Week 3 against Kentucky.
- Subsequently, he announced on 5th November 2017 that he would be returning for his senior season. He finished the 2018 season with 882 yards receiving and 11 touchdowns, his best game of the season came against Clemson where he caught 10 passes for 210 yards and three touchdowns.
- He chose not to play in the Gamecocks' bowl game, the 2018 Belk Bowl however he was later selected to play in the 2019 Senior Bowl.
San Francisco 49ers
- Deebo Samuel was selected by the San Francisco 49ers in the second round (36th overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft and signed a four-year contract with the 49ers on 25th July 2019.
- He made his NFL debut against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers by catching three passes for 17 yards and losing a fumble in the 31-17 road victory.
- He caught five passes for 87 yards and his first NFL touchdown as the 49ers won on the road by a score of 41-1 in the next game against the Cincinnati Bengals.
- He caught three passes for 19 yards and rushed for 29 yards and a touchdown in a 51-13 victory against the Carolina Panthers and caught eight passes for 134 yards in the 36-26 victory against the Arizona Cardinals.
- He caught five passes for 102 yards and rushed twice for 33 yards and a touchdown in the 26-21 road victory in the regular-season finale against the Seahawks on Sunday Night Football.
- Deebo rushed twice for 53 yards and caught five passes for 39 yards during the 31-20 loss during Super Bowl LIV against the Kansas City Chiefs. His 53 rushing yards were the most by a wide receiver in Super Bowl history.
- On 28th July 2020, he was placed on the non-football injury list at the start of training camp and had 11 receptions for 133 receiving yards in the 23-20 victory against the Los Angeles Rams.
- He finished the 2020 season with 33 receptions for 391 receiving yards and one receiving touchdown.
- He caught nine passes for 189 yards and a touchdown during the season-opening 41-33 road victory over the Detroit Lions and had six catches for 171 yards in a 33-22 win over the Bears, earning NFC Offensive Player of the Week.
- As well, he had five catches for 97 yards and five carries for 36 yards, and two total touchdowns in a 31-10 win over the Rams, earning his second NFC Offensive Player of the Week honor of the season.
- He was elected to the Pro Bowl for 2021 as well as he holds the record for the most rushing touchdowns in a single season by a wide receiver in NFL history, with 8.
- He finished the regular season with 77 receptions for 1,405 receiving yards and 6 receiving touchdowns and caught three passes for 38 yards and rushed for 72 yards and a touchdown off ten attempts in the 23-17 win. against the Dallas Cowboys in the Wild Card Round.
- Samuel after the game created a new position for himself at the 2022 Pro Bowl, he declared himself a "wide back" after being used as a running back midway and through the rest of the season.
Awards and Achievements
- First-team All-Pro (2021)
- Pro Bowl (2021)
- First-team All-American (2018)
- First-team All-SEC (2018)
- Most rushing touchdowns in a season by a wide receiver: 8
Deebo Samuel’s Girlfriend Mahogany Jones: Is Deebo Samuel Married?
Deebo Samuel is an unmarried man. He is in a romantic relationship with his girlfriend Mahogany Jones who is a reality TV star. They have also blessed the parents of one child a son. Deebo has remained tight-lipped about his marriage but, there is a greater possibility of his marriage after all he seems happy in his relationship with his girlfriend. Reflecting on his sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is Deebo Samuel's salary?
Deebo Samuel has a net worth of $7 million as of 2022. He signed a 4 year, $7,247,476 contract with the San Francisco 49ers, including a $3,618,076 signing bonus, $4,731,791 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,811,869. Samuel will earn a base salary of $3,986,000 in 2022 while carrying a cap hit of $4,890,519 and a dead cap value of $904,519. He has not endorsed work for any brands yet. In addition, his major source of income is from his football wide receiver career.
What is Deebo Samuel's height and weight?
Deebo Samuel is 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m) tall and his body weighs around 215 lb (98 kg). He has short black hair and eyes color. Deebo's physique combined with his perfect height and masculine look takes him to the top of the desired list the young gen women. His body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Deebo Samuel You Need To Know.
- He was the 36th overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.
- His real name is Tyshun Raequan Samuel.
- His 53 rushing yards in the 2020 Super Bowl broke the record for the most ever rushing yards by a wide receiver in Super Bowl history.
- His father Galen was the one who nicknamed him Deebo.
- He has been a member of the San Francisco 49ers and teammate of fellow 49er Jimmy Garoppolo.