Facts About Deepika Padukone
|Celebrated Name||Deepika Padukone|
|Age||37 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Deepika Padukone|
|Birth Name||Deepika Padukone|
|Famous For||Famous as award-winning and highest paid Indian actress.|
|Place Of Birth||Copenhagen, Denmark|
|Married Date||November 2019|
|Net Worth||$20 million|
|Salary||Rs. 15 crore|
|Body Measurement||34-26-34 inches|
|Bra Cup Size||34 B|
|Home Town||Bangalore, India|
|Links||Instagram Facebook Twitter|
Deepika Padukone is an Indian Bollywood actress and producer who is well-known as one of the highest-paid actresses in India and is one of India's most popular personalities. Padukone got her initial recognition and break with a dual role in her first Bollywood movie, "Om Shanti Om"(2007) alongside Shah Rukh Khan, which earned her first Filmfare Award.
She then went on to gain much public attention with her starring role in "Love Aaj Kal"(2009), followed by her biggest breakthrough ever with starring roles in "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" and "Chennai Express"(both 2013), the heist comedy, "Happy New Year"(2014), the drama "Bajirao Mastani"(2015) and "Padmaavat"(2018). With her marvelous acting skills, she has accoladed 3 Filmfare Awards.
Grown-up as the daughter of national badminton player Prakash Padukone, Deepika has established herself to be one of the very few Bollywood actresses to star in the Hollywood movie, "XXX: Return of Xander Cage"(2017). She is the chairperson of the Mumbai Academy of the Moving Image and the founder of the Live Love Laugh Foundation, and of her own company, "Ka Productions".
Besides, Padukone is quite active on social media sites with over 52.4 million followers on Instagram: @deepikapadukone and over 27.7 million followers on Twitter: @deepikapadukone. She is one of the most followed Asian women on Twitter.
On September 21, 2020, Padukone was one of the national hot topics to be talked about after The Narcotics Control Bureau(NCB) summoned her manager Karishma Prakash and a talent management agency's CEO Dhurv Chitgopekar in connection with its probe into the alleged Bollywood-drug nexus, which was followed by Padukone’s alleged chats about drugs which surfaced the internet becoming the massive talk in the ongoing case of late Sushant Singh Rajput's dead.
What is Deepika Padukone Famous for?
- Famous as an award-winning and highest-paid Indian actress.
- Known as the daughter of national badminton player Prakash Padukone.
Where was Deepika Padukone Born?
Deepika Padukone was born on January 5, 1986, in Copenhagen, Denmark. Her birth name is Deepika Padukone. Her nationality is Indian. Padukone belongs to Brahmin ethnicity while Capricon is her zodiac sign.
Deepika was born in a Saraswat Brahmin family to Konkani-speaking parents Prakash Padukone(father) and Ujjala Padukone(mother). Her father, Prakash Padukone is a former Indian badminton player who was ranked World No. 1 in 1980 and is even the first Indian to win the All England Open Badminton Championships. For his remarkable sports, he was even awarded the Arjuna award in 1972 and the Padma Shri in 1982 by the Government of India while her mother, Ujjala is a travel agent.
Born as the eldest daughter to her badminton player father, she grew up playing competitive badminton along with her younger sister, Anisha, who is a professional Indian golfer. When Deepika was a year old, her family relocated to Bangalore, India, where she joined Sophia High School and later joined Mount Carmel College completing her pre-university education. She subsequently got enrolled at the Indira Gandhi National Open University for a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology but later drooped out due to scheduling conflicts with her modeling career.
Padukone continued to pursue a career in badminton throughout her school years and played the sport in national level championships and also played baseball in a few state-level tournaments. Whilst she also worked as a child model at an age of 8 and realized and changed her focus to become a fashion model and began a full-time career as a model under the tutelage of Prasad Bidapa in 2004.
When she was 19, she made her runway debut at the Lakme Fashion Week for designer Suneet Varma and won the "Model of the Year" award at the Kingfisher Fashion Awards. She was even praised by designer Wendell Rodricks who commented, "Since Aishwarya Rai, we haven't had a girl as beautiful and fresh."Padukone got wider recognition after she was featured in the music video for Himesh Reshammiya's song "Naam Hai Tera".
Deepika Padukone in Drugs Chat and Controversies
Deepika Padukone is surfacing on all around the internet after her name appeared in the ongoing drug probe into late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's death by the Narcotic Control Bureau(NCB) on September 21, 2020. The NCB also summoned her manager Karishma Prakash and a talent management agency's CEO Dhurv Chitgopekar in connection with its probe.
Some news channel also has challenged to have a proof of Padukone being involved in the drug racket in Bollywood based on her WhatsApp chats from October 2017. In the chat, she and her manager Karishma are discussing drug supplies with Sushant's former manager Jaya Saha where Padukone is asking for "Maal" from Karishma who replies that she has it at home then Padukone clarifies that she needs "Hash" not weed as they plan to meet up at a restaurant.
After the chat was leaked on the news channel, Padukone has been on headlines on every news channel and all over the internet. After the incident #MaalHaiKya has been trending on Twitter which is further dug by Kangana Ranaut as she took to her Twitter page and twisted Deepika's tweet 'Depression is a form of mental illness' where she tweeted "Repeat after me, depression is a consequence of drug abuse. So-called high society rich star children who claim to be classy and have a good upbringing ask their manager, "MAAL HAI KYA?" #boycottBollywoodDruggies #DeepikaPadukone."
Deepika Padukone's Career Highlights
- Deepika Padukone made her acting debut in the Indian-Kannada film, "Aishwarya" in 2006. The film was a commercial success.
- Padukone made her first Bollywood debut with a dual role in hit melodrama film, "Om Shanti Om" in 2007 alongside Shah Rukh Khan. The movie emerged as the highest-grossing film of the year, with global revenue of ₹1.49 billion (US$21 million).
- She then got much recognition in Yash Raj Films' romantic comedy, "Bachna Ae Haseeno" alongside Ranbir Kapoor in 2008.
- Padukone got her another hit starring alongside Saif Ali Khan in the romantic drama, "Love Aaj Kal" in 2009. The same year, she starred alongside Akshay Kumar in Nikhil Advani's kung fu comedy, "Chandni Chowk To China".
- She appeared in movies, "Karthik Calling Karthik", "Houseful", "Lafangey Parindey", "Break Ke Baad", "Dum Maaro Dum" and "Desi Boyz" in 2010 and 2011.
- Romantic comedy, "Cocktail"(2012) marked a turning point in her career, which was followed by her appearance in an action film, "Race 2"(2013).
- Padukone reached her high point with her role as Naina Talwar in Ayan Mukerji's romantic comedy, "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" in 2013.
- Her next appearance was opposite Shah Rukh Khan in Rohit Shetty's action-comedy film, "Chennai Express"(2013) which emerged as one of the highest-grossing Indian films.
- Padukone next played the role of Leela opposite her future husband, Ranveer Singh in "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela".
- In 2014, Padukone featured opposite Rajinikanth in the Tamil film, "Kochadaiiyaan". The same year, she starred in a satirical comedy film, "Finding Fanny" and in one of the hit movies, "Happy New Year" alongside Shah Rukh Khan.
- Padukone took on the role of a headstrong Bengali architect in Shoojit Sircar's comedy-drama, "Piku"(2015). The movie emerged as a box office hit garnering Padukone's second Best Actress awards at Filmfare and Screen.
- She then appeared in Imtiaz Ali's romantic drama, "Tamasha" which was followed by her marvelous piece of art in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's historical drama, "Bajirao Mastani" alongside Ranveer Singh and Priyanka Chopra.
- Padukone made her Hollywood debut with the lead female role of Serena Unger, opposite Vin Diesel, in an action film, "XXX: Return of Xander Cage"(2017).
- In 2018, Padukone portrayed Rani Padmavati, a Rajput queen in the period drama, "Padmaavat" marking her third collaboration with Bhansali and Singh.
- The same year, she formed her own company, named "Ka Productions" whose first production venture came with "Chhapaak"(2020) in which she starred as an acid attack survivor based on Laxmi Agarwal.
- Padukone's next production venture will be "83", a sports film about India's victory at the 1983 Cricket World Cup, starring Ranveer Singh as Kapil Dev and Padukone herself as Dev's wife, Romi.
- Her other scheduled film is her portrayal of Draupadi in a retelling of the Mahabharata. She will also produce and star in a remake of the American comedy film, "The Intern" and will team with Prabhas for yet to come sci-fi movie.
Who is Deepika Padukone's Husband: Ranveer Singh?
Deepika Padukone is currently with her long-term boyfriend Ranveer Singh. Ranveer Singh is also a popular Indian actor who is a recipient of several awards, including four Filmfare Awards, and is even among the highest-paid actors in India and has featured in Forbes India's Celebrity 100 list since 2012. Though Singh started his career a bit late than Padukone, he has reached the milestone the same as Padukone with his marvelous acting skills.
Padukone has also starred alongside her husband then-boyfriend, Ranveer Singh in all Sanjay Leela Bhansali's drama, "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela", "Bajirao Mastani" and "Padmavat". Padukone began dating his frequent co-star Singh while they were together on the set of "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela" in August 2012.
She subsequently became reticent to discuss her personal life, but in 2017, she fondly spoke of her relationship in front of the world about his long-term boyfriend Ranveer Singh who is just a year older than her, and credited Sanjay Leela Bhansali for their relationship as they were cast in every Bhansali's drama since 2012.
Just after a year of their announcement, the couple announced their impending marriage in October 2018, and the following month in November got married in traditional Konkani Hindu and Sikh Anand Karaj (Singh's paternal grandfather is Sikh) ceremonies at Lake Como, Italy. Their marriage was on every headline at the time which was followed by a number of wedding receptions for their loved ones, friends, families, relatives, and Bollywood actors, actresses, producers, directors, writers.
Deepika Padukone's Previous Relation with Ranbir Kapoor
Previously, she was in a romantic relationship with her co-star Ranbir Kapoor who is currently in a relationship with Padukone's one of the best friends Alia Bhatt. They began dating while they were filming "Bachna Ae Haseeno" in 2008 and even had spoken openly about the relationship and sported a tattoo of his initials on the nape of her neck. She even said that her relationship with Kapoor had a profound effect on her as it transformed her into a more confident and social person.
While they were dating many speculated their engagement but they soon broke up and she professed in an interview to feeling betrayed for a long time and even accused him of infidelity, and Kapoor later admitted to it. Currently, they are in good terms as they reconciled their friendship while working on "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani".
What is the Net Worth of Deepika Padukone?
Deepika Padukone has quite great earnings from her professional career as an actress and also as a producer. Having started her career since 2006, Padukone has come up a long way leading as one of the most talented and highest-paid actresses in the Hindi Cinema. With all of her works for over 13 years, Padukone has undoubtedly managed to amass a healthy fortune in million dollars which are estimated to be around $20 million.
Along with her net worth, Padukone has a salary of Rs. 15 crores per film with her annual income of around Rs. 112 crore. Apart from movies, she also makes money from modeling, her company, and several endorsements deals as well. Also, her husband Ranveer Singh also has a whopping million worth net worth which is estimated to be around $25 million, and earns a salary of Rs. 10 crores per film.
Besides, the couple together share branded cars including Audi Q7, Audi A8, Mini Cooper, Aston Martin Rapide S, Jaguar XJL, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, and many others. With their million worth, the couple has been living a luxurious and prestigious lifestyle.
How Tall is Deepika Padukone?
Deepika Padukone is a beautiful brown lady often regarded as one of the beautiful actresses ever currently in her 30s. With her heart-touching smile with that on spot dimple and marvelous acting skills, Padukone has managed to establish herself as one of the respectful and loved celebrities all around the world. Padukone has a well maintained slim body physique of measurement 34-26-34 inches with 34B as her bra size, 4(US) as her dress size, and 8 (US) as her shoe size.
She has a perfect height as she stands tall with a height of 5ft. 8inch.(1.73m) while her body weighs around 57kg(120 lbs). She has a perfect brown complexion with brown eyes and dark brown hair.
Besides, Padukone is a keen fitness freak and gym trainer as she often visits the gym for workouts to keep herself fit and in the shape that she has been maintaining for years. She also has tattoos one on her ankle and the other on her neck.
Trivias About Deepika Padukone You Need To Know.
- She is the daughter of badminton legend Prakash Padukone.
- Her younger sister Anisha Padukone is a professional golfer.
- In 2018, Time named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
- She made her firs catwalk at the age of 17.
- She learned Jujutsu for her role in the film Chandni Chowk to China and performed all the stunts herself.
- She is the co-founder of skincare products brand "82°E".