Facts About Deion Sanders
|Celebrated Name||Deion Sanders|
|Age||55 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Deion Sanders|
|Birth Name||Deion Luwynn Sanders|
|Place Of Birth||Fort Myers, Florida|
|High School||North Fort Myers High School|
|University||Florida State University|
|Famous For||Being an American athlete and sports analyst.|
|Best Known For||For winning "First-team All-Pro" awards for nine times.|
|Awards||2 times Super Bowl champion (XXIX, XXX) 8 times Pro Bowl (1991-1994, 1996-1999) 9 times First-team All-Pro (1991-1999) (Cornerback) First-team All-Pro (1992) (Kick returner)|
|Wife||Carolyn Chambers (1989-1998), Pilar Biggers-Sanders (1999-2013)|
|Source of Wealth||Athlete and sport analyst career.|
|Net Worth||$40 Million|
|Salary||$1 million to $5 million dollars yearly|
|Height||6 feet nad 1 inch|
Deion Sanders is a popular retired American football player, baseball player, and sports analyst. He played in the National Football League(NFL) for 14 seasons and in Major League Baseball(MLB) for 9 seasons. Sanders is the only player who appeared in both Super Bowl and World Series-winning two Super Bowl titles. Sanders was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2011. Sanders currently works as an analyst for CBS Sports and the NFL Network.
What is Deion Sanders Famous for?
- Famous as the retired football player, baseball player, and sports analyst.
- Known as the only player to win two Super Bowl titles and a World Series appearance.
Where is Deion Sanders From?
Deion Sanders was born on August 9, 1967, in Fort Myers, Florida, United States. His birth name is Deion Luwynn Sanders Sr. His nationality is American. Sanders belongs to African-American ethnicity while Leo is his zodiac sign.
Deion Sanders is the son of Mims Sanders(father) and Connie Knight(mother). Later, after his parents divorced, his mother married Willie Knight(step-father). Willie helped Deion bring positive influence in his life. Deion was raised by her new parents along with his step-sister, Tracy Knight.
Sanders attended North Fort Myers High School where he was a letterman and All-State honoree in football, basketball, and baseball. Sanders was named to the Florida High School Association All-Century Team in 1985.
Later, he was selected out of his high school in the 1985 Major League Baseball draft by Kansas City Royals but he didn't sign with Royals. Sanders went to Florida State University where he played three sports: football, baseball, and track. In 1988, he won the Jim Thorpe Award.
Deion Sanders Career Highlights
- Deion Sanders kicked off his professional career after he was drafted by the New York Yankees in the 1988 Major League Baseball Draft.
- He opened the 1989 season with Albany-Colonie Yankees of the Class AA Eastern League. On May 3, 1989, Sanders made his major league baseball debut.
- Sanders later signed with the Atlanta Braves for the 1991 MLB season. On July 31, 1991, Sanders hit a key three-run homer marking a win against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- In 1991, Sanders appeared in Hammer's music video, "Too Legit to Quit".
- The 1992 season was his best year in the majors as he became the only man to play in both a Super Bowl and a World Series.
- In 1997, he played for Cincinnati Reds and left baseball for three years. He returned back to Reds in 2001, but he was soon released.
- In the year 1989, Sanders started his professional football career after he was drafted to Atlanta Falcons in the 1989 NFL Draft.
- Sanders spent five seasons with Falcons and in 1994, he signed to San Francisco 49ers. Sanders has later voted the 1994 "NFL Defensive Player of the Year".
- On December 26, 1994, Sanders released Prime Time, a rap album on Bust It Records featuring the singles "Must Be the Money" and "Prime Time Keeps on Tickin'".
- In January 1995, Sanders became the official spokesman of the Sega Sports line of video games.
- On September 9, 1995, Sanders signed a lucrative seven-year contract with the Dallas Cowboys. Sanders played four seasons with Dallas, earning Pro Bowl selection in all of them.
- Later, Sanders signed a 7-year contract with Washington Redskins and Daniel Snyder. But he retired in the 2000 season playing for only a year.
- He returned back to football signing a one-year contract deal with the Baltimore Ravens in 2004.
- In January 2006, Sanders retired from the NFL and became an analyst for the NFL Network.
- During his 14-year NFL career, Sanders was a perennial All-Pro and one of the strongest pass defenders ever to play the game.
- After retiring from the NFL, Sanders worked as a pre-game commentator for CBS' The NFL Today until 2004.
- Sanders hosted the 2002 Miss USA pageant and was a co-host of the 2004 GMA Music Awards.
- Currently, Sanders works at NFL Network as an analyst with a segment, "Let's Go Primetime".
- Sanders appeared in season 4 of "The League" and in 2014 he was featured in an episode of "Running Wild with Bear Grylls".
- Sanders served as an alumni captain for Team Sanders in the 2014 Pro Bowl.
- On November 7, 2019, Thursday night, Sanders was named as one of the candidates for the Florida State Head Coach.
Who is Deion Sanders Married to?
Deion Sanders has been married twice throughout his entire life. He was first married to his first wife, Carolyn Chambers. Chambers and Sanders got married in 1989. Living for almost 9 years together, the couple shares two children: a son, Deion Sanders Jr. and a daughter, Deiondra Sanders, but they soon divorced in 1998.
In 1999, he got married to his second wife, Pilar Biggers-Sanders. Pilar and Deion have three children together: two sons, Shilo Sanders and Shedeur Sanders, and a daughter named Shelomi Sanders. In 2008, Sanders and his wife, Pilar starred in the reality show "Deion & Pilar: Prime Time Love" along with his five children. But they also divorced in 2013 after their 14 years of marriage.
Currently, Sanders is in a relationship with his girlfriend, Tracy Edmonds. Edmonds and Sanders began dating since 2012. Currently, the couple is living together in Texas. Sanders and his girlfriend Edmonds were featured together on an episode of "Tiny House Nation" aired on January 21, 2017.
What is the Net Worth of Deion Sanders?
The 52 years old, Deion Sanders has managed to amass a great fortune of the amount in million dollars through his professional career as a sportsman. During his 14 years of tenure that he spent playing football and baseball, he has been fruitful as his estimated net worth is $40 million. His annual salary is $2 million and for his work, as a sports analyst, he earns $65,000 annually.
Previously, he signed a lucrative contract worth $35 million with Dallas Cowboys in 1995 where he was named the highest-paid defensive player in the NFL. Later, he signed a contract worth $56 million with Washington Redskins and Daniel Snyder. He adds more money to his fortune through his book titled "Power, Money & Sex: How Success Almost Ruined My Life".
Sanders has also appeared in television commercials for such companies as Nike, Pepsi, Burger King, Pizza Hut, and American Express from where he pockets fewe more dollars. With all the fortune in million dollars, he has managed to live a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
How Tall is Deion Sanders?
Deion Sanders is a tall, dark and handsome guy from Florida. Sanders has a well maintained athletic body physique. Sanders stands tall with a height of 6ft. (1.83m) while his body weighs around 93kg. He has a dark complexion with black hair and brown eyes.