Demarai Gray - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Family, Height, Career, Wiki
Demarai Gray is a British professional footballer. He currently plays for Premier League club Everton. His playing position is a winger. He is the product of Birmingham City. For the team, he made his Football League debut as a 17-year-old in October 2013. He made 78 appearances across all competitions, including 51 starts in the Championship, and scored 8 goals during two-and-a-half seasons.
Next, he signed with the club, Leicester City in January 2016. Moreover, he was a member of their 2015–16 Premier League-winning squad. In January 2021, he joined the Bundesliga club Bayer Leverkusen but returned to English football with Everton in July. Internationally, the footballer represented England from under-18 to under-21 level. Being born in England, he is eligible to play for Jamaica due to his family heritage. He wears the jersey/shirt number of #11 for his team.
What is Demarai Gray Famous For?
- Demarai Gray is a professional footballer.
- Gray is famous for playing as a winger for the club, Everton.
What is Demarai Gray's Nationality?
Demarai Gray was welcomed by his parents on June 28, 1996. He is from Birmingham, England. His birth name is Demarai Remelle Gray. He happily celebrated his 26th birthday on June 28, 2022. He is British by nationality and his ethnicity is British-White. Gray has not disclosed the name of his parents to the media.
About his education, Gray attended Frankley High School and played for Cadbury Athletic's junior teams.
Demarai Gray Football Career
- Demarai Gray joined Birmingham City's Academy as an under-11 and took up a two-year scholarship in July 2012. He named Nathan Redmond as the biggest influence on him since joining the club.
- He was named in the squad for the Championship match against Millwall on 1 October 2013. He then made his senior debut as a 91st-minute substitute for Jesse Lingard in a 4–0 win. He made his first start on 2nd November, in a 1–0 league defeat at home to Charlton Athletic.
- He signed his first professional contract, of two-and-a-half years, on 9 December. His performance over the season earned him the Academy Player of the Season award for 2013–14.
- His first goal of the 2014-2015 season gave Birmingham a 2–0 lead at top-of-the-table Norwich City.
- He made his first start under new manager Gary Rowett in the 1–0 win away to Rotherham United on 22 November.
- Gray scored three times in the first half of the match at home to Reading on 14 December that ended 6-1. His performances during December earned him the Football League Young Player of the Month award.
- Gray's solo goal on 11 April, in which he ran the length of the pitch to score the winner against Wolverhampton Wanderers, was his first since the Reading match and earned him the club's Goal of the Season award.
- He finished the season with 43 appearances in all competitions, of which two-thirds were as a starter. He won the club's Young Player of the Season award.
- Next, he signed a new three-year contract with the club in July 2015. He nearly marked his last appearance for the club, as a substitute in a 2–0 win at home to Milton Keynes Dons on 29 December, with a farewell goal.
- Premier League club, Leicester City activated the release clause in Gray's Birmingham City contract, reported as £3.7 million. On 4th January 2016, he signed a four-and-a-half-year contract.
- He made his debut on 10 January, away to Tottenham Hotspur in the third round of the FA Cup. He then made his first appearance in England's top flight, as an 85th-minute substitute for Marc Albrighton in a 1–1 draw at Aston Villa.
- He made the assist for Jamie Vardy's stoppage-time goal that secured a 2–0 win at Sunderland, and against Swansea City, his run from the deep, cross, and parried shot set up a goal for Albrighton.
- He had made ten appearances, all as a substitute, by 2 May when Leicester was confirmed as champions.
- On 3 November 2018, he scored the winning goal against Cardiff City. He celebrated by removing his shirt to show an undershirt bearing the words "For Khun Vichai" written on it and then running to the away end of the ground.
- On 31st January 2021, he joined the Bundesliga club Bayer Leverkusen on an 18-month contract. He made his debut on 6 February with Leverkusen leading VfB Stuttgart 4–1, and ten minutes later scored his first and only Bundesliga goal to make the final score 5–2.
- Demarai Gray joined Premier League club, Everton on 22nd July 2021 for an undisclosed fee, understood by BBC Sport to be £1.7 million.
- He signed a three-year contract with an option for a fourth year. He scored his first competitive goal for Everton in his second league match, a 2–2 draw with Leeds United on 21 August.
Demarai Gray International Career
- In November 2013, Demarai was called up for an England under-18s training camp and made his debut game on February 18, 2014. After that, he played in England's team against Croatia which England lost with a score of 2-1.
- Demarai received his first call-up to the under-19s for a friendly against Germany in September 2014. He withdraws from the squad of the 2015 European Under-19 Championship's first qualifying round due to an ankle injury. He started the first match against Denmark and then played against Azerbaijan and France.
- He then took part in a joint training camp for the under-20 and under-21 teams. He was also included in Aidy Boothroyd's under-20 squad for the 2015 Toulon Tournament and played his first match against Morocco. He was a second-half substitute in the next match, a win against Ivory Coast. He made his third appearance as England lost to Mexico.
- He was then called up for the under-20s' first matches of the 2015–16 season against the Czech Republic. Next, he was called into the under-21 squad for European Championship qualifiers in November 2015. He made his under-21 debut on 26 March 2016, in the reverse fixture against Switzerland, a 1–1 draw.
- On 9th September 2018, Gray was called up for the full England squad for a friendly match against Switzerland. On 27th May 2019, he was included in England's 23-man squad for the 2019 UEFA European Under-21 Championship.
- He is eligible to play for Jamaica as well as his native England. In a televised interview in March 2021, Jamaican Football Federation president Michael Ricketts included Gray in a list of English players with Jamaican heritage he suggested were "in the process of acquiring their Jamaican passport" as part of the nation's plan to improve their chances of qualifying for the 2022 World Cup.
Awards and Achievements
- Premier League: 2015–16
- Birmingham City Academy Player of the Season: 2013–14
- Football League Young Player of the Month: December 2014
- Birmingham City Young Player of the Season: 2014–15
- Birmingham City Goal of the Season: 2014–15
Demarai Gray Transfer News
- Everton on 22 Jul 2021 for the fee of 2M €
- Bayer 04 Leverkusen on 31 Jan 2021 for the fee of 2M €
- Leicester City on 4 Jan 2016 for the fee of 5.1M €
- Birmingham City on 1 Jul 2014 From Birmingham U18
Who is Demarai Gray's Girlfriend?
Demarai Gray is currently married as per sources. He tied the knot to his long-time girlfriend, Emma Hickman after being in a relationship for a long time. The couple is blessed with a baby boy together. The duo is living a happy life without any disturbances. Their love bond is going strong with the passage of time. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
In 2019, when Demarai was not in his house, some strangers bumped into his house and took all the cash and expensive stuff. It was known that his girlfriend and his new baby were in their house when that incident occurred. Emma was sleeping naked at that time when the four unknown persons entered the house with the knife and threatened them.
Those four attackers got the location of their house through Google, and they threatened his wife to kill her mum as she told them that she was coming there, so she told them about the place where she kept the money and jewelry. They had sharp weapons in their hands, which terrified his wife. They took everything from there, even Demarai’s car also. Luckily they didn’t physically harm her.
How much is Demarai Gray's Net Worth?
Demarai Gray is a rising and talented footballer whose net worth is estimated to have $12 million as of 2023. He has played with three clubs at the senior level – Birmingham City, Leicester City, Bayer Leverkusen, and Everton. He has been a professional footballer for almost 9 years now, and he earned most of his money through his footballing career. He is receiving £2,184,000 from his current team, Everton. His main source of wealth comes from his football career and he is living a cool lifestyle right now.
Gray has an endorsement deal with Adidas and has been seen endorsing the product on his social media. As a part of the deal, he wears the outfit sponsored by the company and also the boots of the company. It is certain that he has many cars in his garage, one of which includes a fancy black BMW spotted on the streets of the City
How tall is Demarai Gray?
Demarai Gray has an athletic body type with a standing height of 1.80 m or 5 ft 11 in. His body weight measures 74 KG. He has a pair of black eyes and his hair color is dark brown-black. Being a footballer, he has an athletic body type and he maintains his body a lot by doing frequent exercise. He has a long tattoo that runs from the left shoulder to the wrist. It has an image of an eye and has dedicated the tattoo to his family.
Trivias About Demarai Gray You Need To Know.
- Professional footballer, Demarai Gray plays in the position of winger.
- He is the product of Birmingham City.
- Being born in England, he is eligible to play for Jamaica due to his family heritage.
- His birth name is Demarai Remelle Gray.
- He attended Frankley High School and played for Cadbury Athletic's junior teams.