Denis Shapovalov - Bio, Net Worth, Dating, Girlfriend, Age, Height, Parents, Ranking, Family, Facts, Wiki, Nationality, Birthday, Religion, Siblings
The Canadian tennis player Dennis Shapovalov has more than made his nation proud. His skills on the court have earned him a spot on the ATP top 50 rankings. He has an ATP singles career-high of number 23 in the world, as of 2019. He entered the ATP top 30 rankings in 2018 making him the youngest player to achieve this feat in 13 years. His reputation as a professional tennis player grew to new heights after he defeated grand slam champions Rafael Nadal and Juan Martin del Potro during the 2017 Canadian Open. He became the number one ranked player in Canada in 2018. Let's know more about the tennis player through this article.
What is Denis Shapovalov known for?
Denis Shapovalov is a Canadian professional tennis player. Since 2005, he was the youngest to crack the top 30 and is currently ranked in the top 50 of the ATP rankings. His career-high ATP singles ranking is No. 23 in the world. At the age of 18, he rose to prominence by reaching a Masters semifinal at the 2017 Canadian Open beating grand slam champions Juan Martín del Potro and Rafael Nadal during his run.
What is the nationality of Denis Shapovalov?
Recalling his early life, Denis was born to Russian-Israeli citizens Tessa and Viktor Shapovalov in Tel Aviv, Israel. The family moved from Israel to Canada before Denis's first birthday. He then lived in Vaughan, Ontario. He has one sibling named Evgeniy who was also born in Israel. He is Canadian by nationality and belongs to white ethnicity. His birth sign is Aries. Regarding his education, He attended Stephan Lewis Secondary School in Vaughan.
How Dennis Shapovalov begin his tennis career?
- His family hired Adriano Fuorivia, a former manager of tennis development for Tennis Canada, to be his coach and travel with Shapovalov while his parents stayed home to run the academy.
- The relationship between Shapovalov and Adriano lasted four years and included numerous junior and ITF futures titles, including the 2015 US Open Junior Doubles title and the 2016 Wimbledon Junior Singles title.
- He won his first junior singles title at the ITF G5 in Burlington, Ontario in October 2013.
- He captured his second singles title in April 2014 at the ITF G5 in Burlington.
- He won the singles and doubles titles at the ITF G4 in San Jose in July 2014.
- He qualified in singles and made it to the third round for his second straight Grand Slam in September 2015.
- He won the title with partner Felix Auger-Aliassime in doubles.
- At the French Open in May 2016, he advanced to the semifinals in singles and the second round in doubles.
- At the beginning of July 2016, he captured his first G1 singles title after winning in Roehampton.
- He then became the third Canadian to win a junior Grand Slam singles title with a three-set victory over Alex De Minaur at the 2016 Wimbledon Championships.
- As a junior, he compiled a singles win/loss record of 86-32.
- He won his first professional doubles title at the ITF Futures in Pensacola in November 2015.
- He reached the semifinals of the Challenger Banque Nationale de Drummondville, beating his first top 100 players in Austin Krajicek before losing to Daniel Evans in three sets in March 2016.
- He won his second and third singles titles after defeating world No. 286 Tennys Sandgren at the ITF 25K in Memphis and winning the ITF 10K in Orange Park over Miomir Kecmanovic two weeks later in April 2016.
- He also won the doubles title in Orange Park.
- He was awarded a wildcard for the tournament in Washington, his first ATP main draw appearance in July 2016.
- He was selected to play for the Canada Davis Cup team in the World Group 1st round tie against Great Britain and lost his opener to Dan Evans in February 2017.
- He won his first ATP Challenger title with a victory over Ruben Bemelmans at the 75K in Drummondville.
- He experienced a significant breakthrough in August at the Rogers Cup when he defeated world No. 31 Juan Martin del Potro in the second round and world No. 2 Rafael Nadal in the next round, which was his first-ever match against a top 10 player.
- He also became the youngest player ever to reach an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 semifinal.
- He began his 2018 season at the Brisbane International, where he lost in the first round in both singles, to Kyle Edmund, and doubles, to eventual winners Henri Kontinen and John Peers.
- He then made his debut at the Delray Beach Open where he reached the semifinal and defeated Ivo Karlovic, Jared Donaldson, and Taylor Fritz in the first three rounds, before falling to eventual champion Frances Tiafoe.
- He began his 2019 season at the Auckland Open.
- At the Australian Open, he defeated Pablo Andujar and Taro Daniel before being stopped in four sets by six-time and eventual champion Novak Djokovic in their first singles match.
- Although he and fellow Canadian Felix Auger-Alissime were semifinalists and had a chance to face off in the finals, both were defeated by veteran champions; Auger-Aliassime by defending champion John Isner, and Shapovalov by eventual champion Roger Federer in their first singles match.
Who is Denis Shapovalov dating?
Reflecting on his personal life, Denis is in a relationship with Canadian professional swimmer, Penny Oleksiak. The information about when they met and how they become partners etc. were is in mystery as of now. At present, the couple enjoying their love life without rumors of separation or extra-marital affairs. It looks like the couple is serious about their relationship. They are planning to get married soon.
What is Denis Shapovalov's net worth?
As a tennis player, Denis earns a decent amount of money and fame in the field of the sports industry. As per the online sites, his net worth said to be $4 million at present. However, his salary is yet to be disclosed. His net worth draws from prize money from tennis competitions and brand endorsement deals from brands like Nike, Biosteel, TAG Heuer and Wilson, and Yonex.
How tall is Denis Shapovalov?
Observing his body statistics, Denis has an athletic body with a height of 6 feet and 1 inch. He weighs 68 Kg. He has a pair of black eyes and blonde hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclose, we will let you know.