Facts About Denise Welch
|Celebrated Name||Denise Welch|
|Age||65 Years Old|
|Nick Name||The Trollinator|
|Birth Name||Jacqueline Denise Welch|
|Place Of Birth||Tynemouth, Northumberland, England|
|School||Blackfyne Grammar School|
|College / University||Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts|
|Net Worth||$2 million|
|Salary||$100k per year|
|Height||5 ft 4 inches|
|Shoe Size||7 (US)|
|Bra Cup Size||40C (US)|
Denise Welch is an English Actress, television personality, and writer. She was nominated in the 1999 British Soap Awards in the category of Sexiest Female for her role in the "Coronation Street". She first came into the limelight in 1993 after her appearance as Marsha Stubbs in ITV's drama series "Soldier Soldier"
Welch gained even wider notability in 1997 when she was cast as Natalie Horrocks in the long-running British ITV soap opera "Coronation Street". Her other notable works include Steph Haydock in "Waterloo Road" (2006–2010) and Trish Minniver in "Hollyoaks" (2021–2022). She was a regular panelist on the ITV chat show "Loose Women" from 2005 to 2013.
Apart from her acting career, Welch has also appeared in several TV programs and reality TV shows. In 2011, she was a contestant on the sixth series of Dancing on Ice, where she was partnered with professional skater Matt Evers. In 2012, Welch won the ninth series of Celebrity Big Brother. Since June 2018, she has been a regular host of the "Loose Women" after returning to the show after 5 years away.
What is Denise Welch famous for?
- Being an English actress, television personality, and writer.
- For portraying the role of Natalie Barnes in the British soap opera "Coronation Street" (1997–2000)
Who is Denise Welch dad?
Denise Welch was born on 22nd May 1958 in Tynemouth, a large coastal town in Northumberland, in North East England. Her birth name is Jacqueline Denise Welch. She holds an English nationality and belongs to the Caucasian ethnicity. Her star sign is Gemini. She is a follower of Christianity.
Welch was born into a well-to-do family. His father Vin Welch (actor) who was a long-serving member at Stocksfield Golf Club based in Newcastle upon Tyne died at the age of 84 in September 2021. Her mother Annie (teacher) passed away at the age of 75 on May 22, 2012, after losing her battle with soft palate cancer. She has a younger sister named Debbie.
Welch attended Bygate School in Whitley Bay and La Sagesse School in Newcastle upon Tyne. At the age of 13, she moved to Ebchester, County Durham with her parents where she attended Blackfyne Grammar School in Consett and passed five GCE exams. Then, took training in acting and musical theatre at Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts in London from 1976 to 1979.
Denise Welch Career
- Welch began acting at the early age of 12.
- Her first television appearance was in the Tyne Tees Television production Barriers in 1981.
- After turning 25, she performed on stage in London in Yakkety-Yak with the McGann brothers at the Astoria Theatre in 1983.
- In 1986, she appeared in ITV's hit drama "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet".
- From 1991–to 1993, she played in the BBC police procedural drama "Spender".
- In 1993, Welch became a household name when she was cast as Marsha Stubbs in ITV's drama series "Soldier Soldier".
- From 1997 to 2000, she famously starred in the British hit soap opera "Coronation Street".
- In 2002, Welch guest-starred in ITV's Where the Heart Is, and the BBC's hospital drama Holby City.
- She made her big-screen debut with the British feature film "The Jealous God" in 2005.
- From 2006 to 2010, she played the role of French teacher Steph Haydock in the BBC One school-based drama series "Waterloo Road".
- In 2012, Welch played Truvy in the touring production of Steel Magnolias.
- On 3rd May 2016, Welch made her initial appearance as Alison Slater in Episode 5276 of the BBC soap opera EastEnders.
- In 2017, Welch appeared as Valerie in the romantic comedy film "Finding Fatimah".
- In May 2020, Welch appeared as Doll Belvedere in the online series "Dun Breedin".
- From 2021 to 2022, she was a regular cast in 95 episodes of the British soap opera "Hollyoaks".
Who is Denise Welch married to?
Denise Welch has been married thrice in her life. Her first marriage was to English actor David Easter, in 1983. However, the couple divorced in 1988 with Welch citing he cheated on her by having extramarital affair and committing adultery.
She was married a second time to actor Tim Healy whom she met working together for Newcastle's Live Theatre Company in the late 1980s. The couple was married in 1988 in Haringey, London. They have two sons: the elder one Matthew Timothy who is a member of the alternative rock band "The 1975", and a younger one named Louis Vincent.
After her divorce from her second husband in February 2012, Welch English self-taught painter Lincoln Townley who is also her PR manager. The love birds got engaged in August 2012 and were happily married on 13th July 2013 in Portugal. As of now, the couple is living together in Chesire.
What is Denise Welch's worth?
As of February 2022, the net worth of Denise Welch is estimated to be the US $2 million. She has accumulated her wealth through her acting career spanning forty decades. She makes most of her income from the British soap opera and series. In the beginning phase of her career, she used to earn around £20,000 per year as a theatre performer.
For her role in the series, she charges around £20k to £30k per episode. She demands around £100k for her role in the movies. She is earning an extra amount of money through her endorsement deals and with her appearance in reality shows too.
How tall is Denise Welch?
Cher is 5 ft 4 inches tall and weighs around 60 Kg. She has an apple-shaped body figure. Her attractive body measures 35-25-35 inches. She wears a 40C(US) size Bra and 7(US) size shoes. She has a pair of brown eyes. She looks elegant in her short hair that is Blonde in color.
Though she is in her 60s, the singer's body tends to oppose aging. She still looks young and beautiful. To keep her body balanced, She works out daily and eats a healthy diet. In addition to swimming and light exercises, she also surfs.
Trivias About Denise Welch You Need To Know.
- She suffered from depression during her 30s.
- She used to consume a lot of alcohol in her 40s.
- In April 2010, her autobiography Pulling Myself Together was published.