Facts About Dennis Waterman
|Celebrated Name||Dennis Waterman|
|Age||75 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Dennis Waterman|
|Birth Name||Dennis Waterman|
|Place Of Birth||Clapham, London|
|Father||Harry Frank Waterman|
|Brothers||Kenneth, Allen, and Peter|
|Sisters||Joyce, Vera, Stella, Norma, and Myrna|
|School||Granard Primary School, Corona Stage School|
|Wife||Penny Dixon (m. 1967; div. 1976), Patricia Maynard (m. 1977; div. 1987), Rula Lenska (m. 1987; div. 1998), Pam Flint (m. 2011)|
|Children||2; Hannah Elizabeth Waterman and Julia Martha Waterman|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Acting Career|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches or 1.75 m|
|Death Date||8th May 2022|
|Cause Of Death||Unknown at a moment|
Dennis Waterman was a British actor and singer who is famous for his role as Detective Sergeant George Hamilton Carter in the police drama series, "The Sweeney" (1975-1978). He reprised the same role in its cinema spin-offs, "Sweeney!" (1977) and "Sweeney 2" (1978). Besides this, he was known for his role in drama (Up the Junction), horror (Scars of Dracula), adventure (Colditz), comedy (Fair Exchange), comedy-drama (Minder), musical (Windy City) and sports (The World Cup: A Captain's Tale), as well as police TV series such as The Sweeney. His acting career spanned 60 years, starting with his childhood roles in film and theatre, and his adult roles in film, television, and West End theatre. He retired at the age of 67. In his entire career spanning from 1960 to 2015, he has appeared in 28 films and numerous television and stage productions. As a singer, he released three albums and 12 singles. Sadly, he left this world on 8th May 2022.
The Sweeney, Minder, and New Tricks Actor Dennis Waterman Dies At 74
Actor, Dennis Waterman died in hospital in Spain on 8 May 2022 at the age of 74. The actor, who is best known for his roles in New Tricks and The Sweeney, died at his home in Spain with his wife Pam by his side. A statement from his family said: "We are deeply saddened to announce that our beloved Dennis, passed away very peacefully at his home in Spain. "The family kindly ask that our privacy is respected at this very difficult time." Those who had worked alongside Dennis took to social media to pay tribute to the actor, with Matt Lucas writing: "I grew up watching Dennis Waterman's iconic performances in The Sweeney and Minder. His death cause is unknown at the moment.
What was Dennis Waterman Famous For?
- Being an actor and singer.
- For his tough-guy role in the TV series "The Sweeney", "Minder" and "New Tricks".
What was Dennis Waterman Nationality?
Dennis Waterman was born on 24th February 1948. He took birth in Clapham, London, England. He was British by nationality and his ethnicity was British-White. His race was White. Pisces was his Zodiac sign and his religion was Christianity. Lastly, he celebrated his 74th birthday with his dear ones.
About his parents, his father's name is Harry Frank Waterman and his mother's name is Rose Juliana (née Saunders). His dad was a ticket collector for the British Railway and an amateur boxer. He was born as the youngest child to his parents among nine. Thus, he had nine siblings out of which three elder brothers named Kenneth, Allen, and Peter, and five elder sisters named Joyce, Vera, Stella, Norma, and Myrna. Sadly, Allen died young while Joy and Vera left home before his birth. When he was eight years old, his eldest sister introduced him to acting, almost dragging him to amateur theatre. His older brother Ken first took Dennis boxing when he was three years old, and when he was ten Dennis joined Caius Boxing Club. Another older brother, Peter, was a welterweight boxing champion.
Following his education, he attended the Granard Primary School, a state primary school on the Ashburton Estate in Putney, South-West London, followed by Corona Stage School, an independent school at Ravenscourt Park in Hammersmith in West London.
Dennis Waterman Career Timeline
- Waterman began his acting career in his childhood by making his debut role in the British drama film "Night Train for Inverness" (1960). Further, he appeared in two small stage roles for the Royal Shakespeare Company's 1960 season.
- After a year, he played the part of Winthrop Paroo in the Adelphi Theatre production of "The Music Man". At that time, his age was 13.
- He starred as William Brown in the BBC TV series "William" in 1962.
- Next, he played the role of Oliver Twist in the production of the Lionel Bart musical "Oliver!" in the early 1960s.
- He was a series regular in the 1962 CBS comedy "Fair Exchange'", playing teenager Neville Finch.
- In the year 1963, he took a "starring" role in the Children's Film Foundation film "Go Kart Go".
- After that, he was seen in "Saved", and "Up The Junction" (1968).
- He appeared in the BBC television series "Colditz" in the early 1970s which was followed by "Scars of Dracula" (1970), "Fright" (1971), "Man in the Wilderness" (1971), "The Sextet" (1972), "Follow the Yellow Brick Road", "Joe's Ark" (Play for Today, 1974), "Man About the House", "The Sweeney", "Minder".
- As a singer, he sang the theme song, "I Could Be So Good for You" and also he recorded a song with George Cole: "What Are We Gonna Get For 'Er Indoors?"
- He released his first album, "Downwind of Angels" in 1976.
- In the year 1982, he starred in a television film made by Tyne Tees Television entitled "The World Cup: A Captain's Tale". In the same year, he starred in the musical "Windy City", "New Tricks", and "The Life and Loves of a She-Devil".
- Furthermore, he narrated an eight-part BBC documentary series about Asian martial arts titled "The Way of the Warrior" in 1983.
- He voiced in the children's animated series "Tube Mice" in 1988.
- Next, he appeared as Thomas Gynn in the comedy-drama "Stay Lucky" (1989–93), "On the Up" (1990-1992), and "Circles of Deceit" (1995–96).
- He appeared as John Danson in series 3 and 4 of the crime drama "The Knock" from the year 1997 to 1999.
- In 2000, he published his book entitled "ReMinder".
- From 2003 to 2014, he was a regular cast member in every season of "New Tricks".
- He appeared on stage in "Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell" by Keith Waterhouse and as Alfred P. Doolittle in the 2001 London revival of "My Fair Lady".
- He also narrated the reality-format television program "Bad Lads'Army" and appeared in the 2009 BBC2 miniseries "Moses Jones".
- Most recently, he starred in the Australian drama-comedy film "Never Too Late" in 2020.
Who was Dennis Waterman Wife?
Dennis Waterman was a married man and he married four times during his lifetime. His first marriage was to Penny Dixon in 1967. The couple divorced in the year 1976. The duo had no children. In the year 1977, he married actress Patricia Maynard, having two daughters, Hannah Elizabeth Waterman and Julia Martha Waterman, with her. Later, the couple divorced in 1987. Hannah is best known for playing Laura Beale in the BBC1 soap opera EastEnders and later appeared in New Tricks alongside Waterman as his character's daughter. In the year 1987, he married English-Polish actress, Rula Lenska for the third time in the year 1987 whereas they divorced in the year 1998 because of his violent behavior towards her. In 2011, he married for the fourth time with Pam Flint. Sadly, their married life fell after the death of Waterman. Prior to the demise of Waterman, he and his wife, Pam Flint was enjoying their present life happily without any disturbances. His sexual orientation was straight and he was not gay.
How much was Dennis Waterman Net Worth?
Actor and Singer, Dennis Waterman had accumulated a net worth of $5 million as of 2022. He made this fortune appearing in many films and releasing several songs, albums, and singles. He was living a cool lifestyle from his earnings. His main source was from the entertainment industry whereas he was also making a cool amount of money from the music industry. He was satisfied with is earnings. there are no details about his salary details and career earnings as he had not stated anything about it neither any website has revealed the information yet. However, there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he was making a cool amount of money from his career work.
How tall was Dennis Waterman?
Dennis Waterman was a handsome man who stood at the height of 5 feet 9 inches of 1.75 m. His body weight consisted of 75 KG. He had an average body weight with a charming smile and glowing face attracting a lot of people towards him. His other body measurement including his chest size, waist size, hip size, shoe size, and more is still to get disclosed yet. His hair color was brown and he had a pair of black eyes.
Trivias About Dennis Waterman You Need To Know.
- He was banned from driving for three years in January 1991, following his second drink-driving conviction in four years.
- He was a fan of Chelsea F.C.
- From the very young age, he was an avid fan of boxing.
- He had been married for four times.
- When he was eight years old, his eldest sister introduced him to acting, almost dragging him to amateur theatre.
- He was born as the youngest of nine children to Rose Juliana (née Saunders) and Harry Frank Waterman.