Desmond King - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Trade, Contract, Current Team, Position, Age, Family Life, Girlfriend, Dating, Height, Nationality, Facts, Wiki
Desmond King is an American football cornerback who is playing for the current team, Tennessee Titans of the National Football League (NFL). On 2nd November 2020, he was traded to the Tennessee Titans in exchange for a sixth-round pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. During his high school career, he set a Michigan high school record with 29 interceptions. He earned All-Pro honors with the Los Angeles Chargers in 2018 as both a defensive back and a punt returner. He previously played college football for the Iowa Hawkeyes. He was rated by Rivals.com as a three-star recruit and committed to the University of Iowa to play college football.
Titans trade for Chargers defensive back Desmond King
The Tennessee Titans have acquired veteran defensive back Desmond King from the Los Angeles Chargers for a sixth-round pick in 2021. The Chargers selected King in the fifth round of the 2017 draft. King settled in as the starting nickel corner and was named a 2018 first-team All-Pro at the position as well as a second-team All-Pro at punt returner. He was relegated to a backup role when the Chargers signed free agent Chris Harris but resumed his role as their nickel back after Harris was injured in late September. King's salary-cap hit for the season will be $1.1 million. He is set to become a free agent after this year.
- Being an American football cornerback.
- Being the player for the Tennessee Titans of the NFL.
- For earning All-Pro honors with the Los Angeles Chargers in 2018.
What is the Birthplace of Desmond King?
On 14th December 1994, Desmond King was born in Detroit, Michigan, the USA. He holds an American nationality and his ethnic background is African-American. His race is black. As of 2019, he celebrated his 25th birthday. Sagittarius is his Zodiac sign and he is Christian by religion. Desmond King's Father also named Desmond left the family when King was a kid. His Mother Yvette Power is currently 47 living in Michigan. He also had a sibling, a brother Armon Golson who was fatally shot during a robbery near Detroit in 2012. He was introduced to Football by his late brother when he was only 5 years old.
Desmond King attended East English Village Preparatory Academy in Detroit, Michigan. Later, he attended the University of Iowa.
For which team, Desmond King is playing for?
- Desmond King began his football career since his high school as a defensive back and running back for the Bulldogs.
- He set a Michigan high school record with 29 interceptions during his career.
- Additionally, he set a school record for career rushing yards and had 2,360 as a senior.
- He was rated by Rivals.com as a three-star recruit and committed to the University of Iowa to play college football.
- His college career began as a true freshman in 2013 where he appeared in 13 games and made 12 starts.
- What's more, he was the first true freshman to start at defensive back for Iowa since 2002.
- His sophomore year began with all 13 games in 2014 and also he had 64 tackles and three interceptions.
- He returned as a starter in his junior year in the year 2015.
- His professional career began with the Los Angeles Chargers who selected him in the fifth round (151st overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft.
- He was the 21st cornerback and the last of four Iowa players drafted in the year 2017.
- The team signed King to a four-year, $2.67 million contract that includes a signing bonus of $279,992 on 11th May 2017.
- Head coach Anthony Lynn named King the starting Nickelback and the fourth cornerback on the depth chart to start the regular season, behind Jason Verrett, Casey Hayward, and Trevor Williams.
- His professional season debut came with Los Angeles Chargers' season-opener at the Denver Broncos and made one pass deflection during their 24-21 loss.
- He also recorded four solo tackles and made his first career sack on Tom Brady during a 21-13 loss at the New England Patriots.
- He recorded five solo tackles, a pass break up and returned his first career interception off Dak Prescott for a 90-yard touchdown during a 28-6 victory at the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving on 23rd November 2017.
- He made his fourth career start and made a season-high ten combined tackles, a pass deflection, and sacked Washington Redskins' quarterback Kirk Cousins during the Chargers' 30-13 victory on 10th December 2017.
- He finished his rookie season in 2017 with 76 combined tackles (66 solos), five pass deflections, and an interception in 12 games and four starts.
- He received an overall grade of 86.5 from Pro Football Focus in 2017, which ranked as the 14th highest grade among all qualifying cornerbacks.
- He recorded two solo tackles, three pass deflections, and intercepted two pass attempts by Browns’ quarterback Baker Mayfield during a 38-14 victory at the Cleveland Browns in Week 6.
- He made three combined tackles, broke up two pass attempts, and returned an interception for a 42-yard touchdown during a 25-17 win over the Seattle Seahawks in Week 9 on 4th November 2018.
- He finished the 2018 season with 67 combined tackles (47 solos), ten pass deflections, three interceptions, a forced fumble, and one touchdown in 16 games and eight starts. King also had 22 punt returns for 522-yards (23.7 YPR) and 23 kick returns for 318-yards and one touchdown (13.8 YPR).
- On 6th January 2019, he started his first career playoff game and recorded four combined tackles and one sack during the Chargers’ 23-17 victory at the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC Wildcard Game.
- He sacked quarterback Josh Rosen 2.5 times in the 30-10 win in Week 4 against the Miami Dolphins.
- In week 5 against the Denver Broncos, he returned a punt for a 68-yard touchdown in the 20-13 loss.
- Recently on 2nd November 2020, he was traded to the Tennessee Titans in exchange for a sixth-round pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.
Awards & Achievements of Desmond King
He was named a consensus first-team All-American and won the 2015 Jim Thorpe Award, which is given to the best defensive back in all of college football. He was named First Team All-Big Ten for the second season in a row on 29th November 2016. He was also named a 2016 AP Second-Team All-American. He received AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for his performance. He was named to the Associated Press All-Pro Team, earning first-team accolades as a defensive back and second-team as a punt returner on 4th January 2019. His awards and achievements include:
- First-team All-Pro (2018)
- Second-team All-Pro (2018)
- Jim Thorpe Award (2015)
- Jack Tatum Award (2015)
- 2× First Team All-Big Ten (2015, 2016)
- Big Ten Defensive Back of the Year (2015)
- Unanimous First-Team All-American (2015)
- Second-Team All-American (2016)
Career Stats of Desmond King
- Total Tackles: 161
- Sacks: 6.5
- Forced fumbles: 2
- Passes defensed: 17
- Interceptions: 4
- Return yards: 1,644
- Total Touchdowns: 4
Who is Desmond King dating?
Desmond King is not married yet and he is still to get married. As of today, he is assumed to be single as there is no news about his affairs, relationship, dating with anyone. He is enjoying his present life a lot rather than spending his valuable time making a girlfriend. He is currently focusing on his career. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Desmond King?
Desmond King is a professional American footballer who has made a huge amount of money at this age which takes others a long time. He has achieved huge success and achievements during his career. His major source of wealth comes from his only and one career i.e football career. On May 11, 2017, the Los Angeles Chargers signed King to a four-year, $2.67 million contract that includes a signing bonus of $279,992. As of 2020, the net worth of Desmond King is estimated to have between $1 Million-$5 Million. He is earning a base salary of $2,133,000 as of 2020. As of now, he is satisfied with his earnings and he is living a cool lifestyle.
How tall is Desmond King?
Desmond King is a very handsome man with an athletic and strong body build. He has a very attractive personality and charming smile which helped him gain a lot of people's views towards him. He has a perfect height matching his body weight. He stands tall at the height of 5 ft 10 in or 1.78 m with a bodyweight of 195 lbs or 88 Kg. Overall, he has got a healthy body as he does frequent exercises and he is very concerned regarding his food intake. His hair color is black and his eye color is brown.
Trivias About Desmond King You Need To Know.
- During his high school career, he set a Michigan high school record with 29 interceptions.
- He earned All-Pro honors with the Los Angeles Chargers in 2018 as both a defensive back and a punt returner.
- On 2nd November 2020, he was traded to the Tennessee Titans in exchange for a sixth round pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.
- He previously played college football for the Iowa Hawkeyes.
- He was rated by Rivals.com a three-star recruit and committed to the University of Iowa to play college football.