Last updated on February 16th, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Facts About Deval Patrick
|66 Years Old
|Deval Laurdine Patrick
|Place Of Birth
|Emily Mae Patrick
|5 feet 10 inches
|Source of Wealth
|B. A. Degree in English and American Literature
|Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Deval Patrick is an American Politician, Author, Civil Rights Lawyer, and Businessman from Chicago, Illinois. He initially gained media attention after becoming the governor of Massachusetts.
The politician served as the 71st Governor of Massachusetts from 2007 to 2015. Furthermore, He first elected for the post back in 2006 and succeeded Mitt Romney. As per the source, he created history after becoming the governor. He was the first Afro-American who held the prestigious post. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Deval Patrick famous for?
- The Independent Director at Global Blood Therapeutics.
- The server of 71st governor of Massachusetts and the first Afro-American who held the prestigious post.
Where is Deval Patrick from?
Recalling his early life, Deval was born in the USA. His father, Laurdine Kenneth was an American jazz musician and composer who abandoned his wife Emily Mae and son to pursue his career in music. His mother raised him as a single parent, and she sometimes had to rely on social welfare cheques for support.
Similarly, he is of American nationality and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity. Further, his birth sign is Leo.
Which institution did Deval Patrick go to study?
Concerning his education, Deval graduated from Harvard University in 1978. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in English and American Literature.
How Deval Patrick became a politician?
- Moving towards his career, Deval began his career immediately after graduating from college. He practiced law with the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund. He also worked as the Assistant Attorney for the Civil Rights Division from 1994 to 1997.
- He joined Day, Berry & Howard in 1997. During this time he was appointed Chairman of Texaco's Equality and Fairness Task Force. He was also on the board of United Airlines.
- In 1999, He joined the General Counsel of Texaco taking care of the legal affairs of the business.
- In 2001, he was appointed Executive Vice-President, General Counsel and Secretary at The Coca-Cola Company. He was on the board of ACC Capital Holdings. He later joined Bain Capital (2015) and is Managing Director of the company.
- He also served as the 71st Governor of Massachusetts from 2007 to 2015 from which he gained the attention of media. He ran for Governor of Massachusetts in 2006 and became the first African-American Governor of Massachusetts. He ran for re-election in 2010 and won, winning 48% of the vote.
- Following the 2012 presidential election, He was considered to be a potential successor to Holder, although he had said he would not consider any other position as long as he remained governor.
- In March 2016, He was named by USA Today as a possible Obama nominee to fill the U.S. Supreme Court associate justice seat, vacated by the February 2016 death of Antonin Scalia.
- On November 14th, 2019, the ex-governor announced that he joined the race of 2020 Presidential Elections. He officially became one of the candidates for President of the US in the 2020 U.S. presidential election.
Who is Deval Patrick married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Deval is married to Diane in 1984 who is the First Lady of Massachusetts and a member of the Texas House of Representatives. Together, they have two daughters Katherine Patrick who is an actress and Sarah Patrick is also an actress. Further, He has been awarded several honorary degrees and has served on many nonprofit and corporate boards. He has also authored two books.
How much is Deval Patrick worth?
Being a politician and author, Deval earns a decent amount of money and popularity through his multiple professions. Based on some online reports, his estimated net worth said to be $734 Thousand at present. However, his salary and assets like, home, vehicles, etc. were yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Deval Patrick?
Observing his body statistics, Deval stands a height of 5 feet 10 inches and weighs around 82 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of brown eyes and hair color is black. He used 9 (UK) shoe sizes and has a 16 inches bicep size. Further, his body measures 44-34-38 inches.
Trivias About Deval Patrick You Need To Know.
- Deval Partick began his career immediately after graduating from college.
- He graduated from Harvard University in 1978.
- He was the first Afro-American who held the prestigious post.
- It is announced that he has joined the race of 2020 Presidential Elections.