Facts About Devon Dalio
|45 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Son of hedge fund billionaire, Ray Dalio
|Paul, Matthew Ace, and Mark
|College / University
|Bachelor's degree in Economics
|17 December 2020
|Cause Of Death
|Place Of Death
|1.84 in (6 ft 1 in)
|171 lbs (78 kg)
|Source of Wealth
Devon Dalio was an American businessman. He was best known as the eldest son of hedge fund billionaire Ray Dalio. Ray Dalio founded Bridgewater Associates in 1975 which is the world's largest hedge fund at present. Dalio was the co-founder and partner at P-Squared Private Equity. He previously served as the CEO of the Dalio Family Office.
Ray Dalio's son Devon Dalio tragically died in a car accident in Greenwich, Connecticut on 17 December 2020. He died at the age of 42.
What was Devon Dalio Famous For?
- The son of hedge fund billionaire, Ray Dalio.
Where was Devon Dalio From?
Devon Dalio was born on 26 March 1978. His birth place is in Greenwich, Connecticut in the United States. He held an American nationality. He was born to a father, Ray Dalio, and a mother, Barbara Dalio. His grandparents were Marino Dallolio and Ann Dallolio. He had 3 younger siblings. His brothers are Paul, Matthew Ace, and Mark. He belonged to white ethnicity and his religion was Christianity. His zodiac sign was Aries. More details about his early life will be updated soon.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Lafayette College. He graduated from Lafayette with a Bachelor's degree in Economics.
Devon Dalio Career
- Ray Dalio's son Devon Dalio worked at Bridgewater Associates, his father's hedge fund. His father founded Bridgewater in 1975. Bridgewater is the world's largest hedge fund at present. His father served as co-chief investment officer of Bridgewater Associates since 1985.
- He worked as the CEO of the Dalio Family Office. He served in the position for 8 years.
- He then co-founded an equity firm, P-Squared Private Equity. He was also a partner at the firm.
- He was also the board member at Dalio Foundation.
- He was a great philanthropist and has contributed to several charities especially in health, support for veterans, disaster relief, and animal welfare.
Devon Dalio Cause of Death
Hedge fund billionaire Ray Dalio's eldest son, Devon Dalio died in a car crash in Greenwich, Connecticut on 17 December 2020. He died at the age of 42. His Audi S6 crashed into a Verizon store and burst into flames. The cause of Devon's car crash is yet to be determined.
Ray Dalio confirmed his son's death via social media. He wrote on Twitter, "It is with great pain that I am sharing with you that my 42 year old son was killed in a car crash yesterday. My family and I are mourning and processing and would prefer to be incommunicado for the time being."
He wrote on another tweet, "We know that the terrible pain we are feeling has been and continues to be felt by so many others so our sympathies go out to them. May God be with you and may you cherish your blessings, especially at this time of year."
Devon Dalio Wife
Devon Dalio was a married man. He is survived by his wife and a daughter. The tragic death of Devon left the Dalio family in unbearable pain. The identity of his wife and children is not available at present. More details about his personal life will be updated soon.
Devon Dalio Net Worth
Devon Dalio was a businessman who was better known as the eldest son of hedge fund billionaire, Ray Dalio. Born to a billionaire father, he grew up in a luxurious lifestyle. Having worked at his father's company in several top positions, he started a private equity firm on his own. He made a fortune out of his career. His net worth is not available at present. His father Ray has a net worth of $18.7 billion.
Devon Dalio Height
Devon Dalio stood tall at the approximate height of 1.84 m i.e. 6 feet and 1 inch tall. He had a body weight of around 171 lbs i.e. 78 kg. He had an average body build. His eye color was dark brown and his hair color was also dark brown. His sexual orientation was straight.
Trivias About Devon Dalio You Need To Know.
- His mother is a descendant of sculptor Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney.
- He has Italian ancestry.
- He was named after North Devon cattle because his father Ray was deeply involved in cattle futures at the time of his birth.
- His brother Paul is a film director and brother Mark is a wildlife filmmaker.
- His brother Matt is the co-founder and CEO of Endless Mobile, Inc.