Last updated on December 29th, 2020 at 05:15 pm
Facts About Dianne Feinstein
|Celebrated Name||Dianne Feinstein|
|Age||90 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Dianne Emiel Goldman|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||San Francisco, California|
|School||Sacred Heart High School|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts degree in History|
|Net Worth||$73 Million|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.73 m)|
|Marital Status||Married and Widowed|
|Husband||Richard Charles Blum (Death)|
|Famous For||Famous as the senior United States Senator from California|
|Best Known For||Known as the longest-serving woman in U.S. Senate history.|
|Source of Wealth||Political Career|
Dianne Feinstein is an American politician who is well known for serving as the senior United States Senator from California for over 28 years now since 1992. She is also recognized as the first female Mayor of San Francisco assigned in 1978 till 1988. Feinstein started getting popularity after she started serving in the United States Senate in 1992 and, in 2009, she became Chairwoman of the United States Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.
Dianne is the first and only woman to have chaired the Senate Rules Committee and the Select Committee on Intelligence and is also the only woman to have presided over a U.S. presidential inauguration. At the age of 87, Feinstein is the oldest sitting U.S. Senator and also the longest-tenured female U.S. Senator currently serving since the retirement of Barbara Mikulski in 2017. On November 5, 2022, Feinstein became the longest-serving woman in U.S. Senate history.
Besides, she is active on Twitter with over 1.5 million followers with the account: @SenFeinstein.
What is Dianne Feinstein Famous for?
- The senior United States Senator from California.
- The longest-serving woman in U.S. Senate history.
Where was Dianne Feinstein Born?
Dianne Feinstein was born on June 22, 1933, in San Francisco, California, United States. Her birth name is Dianne Emiel Goldman. Her nationality is American. Feinstein belongs to White ethnicity while Cancer is her zodiac sign.
Dianne Feinstein was born as the daughter of a well-to-do family to Leon Goldman(father) and Betty Rosenburg(mother). Her father, Leon was a popular American surgeon who served as president of the Pacific Coast Surgical Association and as first vice president of the American Surgical Association and the American College of Surgeons Goldman while her mother, Betty was a former model.
Feinstein grew up in her hometown and graduated from Convent of the Sacred Heart High School, San Francisco in 1951 and then joined Stanford University from where she got graduated earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in History in 1955. Soon after her graduation, she started working as a fellow at the Coro Foundation in San Francisco from 1955 to 1956.
Dianne Feinstein's Career Highlights
- Dianne Feinstein started her political career when she got appointed to the California Women's Parole Board in 1960, which she served until 1966.
- She then got elected to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors in 1969 which she served for 9 years.
- In 1978, she was elected president of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors.
- After the assassination of mayors and supervisor of San Francisco in November 1978, Dianne got inaugurated as the first female Mayor of San Francisco in December of the same year.
- While serving as the mayor of San Francisco, she served on the Trilateral Commission during the 1980s.
- On November 3, 1992, Feinstein won a special election to fill the US Senate seat vacated a year ago.
- She along with Barbara Boxer became California's first female U.S. Senators, and since then Dianne has been re-elected five times receiving the most popular votes in any U.S. Senate election in history.
- She delivered the commencement address at Stanford Stadium on June 13, 1994.
- She voted for the extension of the Patriot Act and the FISA provisions in 2012 and has supported the Affordable Care Act.
- She introduced the Federal Assault Weapons Ban, which became law in 1994 and expired in 2004.
- She also chaired the Senate Rules Committee(2007–2009) and the Select Committee on Intelligence(2009–2015), becoming the first and only woman to have been chaired at the position.
- She was selected to serve as one of the four chairs of the 1980 Democratic National Convention.
- She chaired the United States Congress Joint Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies at the 2009 presidential inauguration.
- She was one of sixteen female Democratic senators to sign on October 20, 2013.
- She is the longest-tenured female U.S. Senator currently serving since the retirement of Barbara Mikulski in 2017.
- On November 5, 2022, Feinstein became the longest-serving woman in U.S. Senate history.
Dianne Feinstein's Husband
Dianne Feinstein has been married three times to date. Her first marriage was with Jack Berman, whom she met while they were working in the San Francisco District Attorney's Office, and got married in 1956 but they got divorced just 3 years later. The couple together has a daughter, Katherine Feinstein Mariano (b. 1957), who is an American attorney and previously served as the presiding judge of the San Francisco Superior Court for twelve years, through 2012.
Shortly after beginning her career in politics, in 1962, Feinstein got married to her second husband, Bertram Feinstein, a neurosurgeon who died of colon cancer in 1978.
After the incident, she got married to her third and current husband, Richard Charles Blum, an American investor, in 1980. Besides, Feinstein had an artificial cardiac pacemaker inserted at George Washington University Hospital back in January 2017.
Dianne Feinstein's Net Worth
Dianne Feinstein has quite good earnings from her profession as a politician more precisely as the senior United States Senator from California. Having her career started in the 1960s, Dianne has managed to become one of the influential women with her hard works as a politician in her 30 years long career.
Not only she is a senator but also one of the influential female personalities worldwide. Including her posts and works, she has a wealthy fortune estimated to be around $95 million.
Feinstein was ranked the fifth-wealthiest senator, with an estimated net worth of $26 million back in 2003. Within the period of 6 years, her net worth increased to between $43 million and $95 million. With her million worth of fortune, Feinstein is living a luxurious lifestyle.
Dianne Feinstein's Height
Dianne Feinstein is a beautiful woman in her late-80s. She has a well maintained healthy body physique. She stands tall with a height of 5ft 10inches(1.78m) and weighs around 55kg. She has a fair complexion with brown hair and a pair of green eyes.
Trivias About Dianne Feinstein You Need To Know.
- Dianne Feinstein will become the longest-serving senator in California history, surpassing Hiram Johnson on On April 13, 2021
- City and State magazine named Feinstein the nation's "Most Effective Mayor" in 1987.
- Cancer is her zodiac sign.
- She assumed the position of Mayor of San Francisco after Mayor George Moscone was assassinated by her colleague Dan White. White was also responsible for the assassination of Harvey Milk.
- She earned a degree in history from Stanford University and later served as President of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors.
- In January 2017, she had a cardiac pacemaker inserted.
- In 1993, Barbara Boxer joined her as a California Senator.