Dilys Watling - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Death, Death Cause, Life Story, Husband, Wife, Family, Parents, Nationality, Height, Facts, Wiki, Career, Kids
Dilys Watling was a British actress who was famous and well recognized for her role in "Coronation Street", "The Benny Hill Show" and "The Two Ronnies". She made her film debut in "Calculated Risk" in 1963 which was followed by "Two Left Feet" and "Theatre of Death". She made her TV debut in the 1962 "Compact" as Gillian Nesbitt. Sadly, Dilys Watling dies at 78 due to a long illness.
Actress Dilys Watling Dies At 78
Dilys Watling passed away on 10th August 2021. She has died aged 78 after a long illness. Ms. Watling, who was also known for starring in The Two Ronnies, famously played Merle Baker in Coronation Street in 1966. It was confirmed on Monday, August 16, 2021, that she dies at home in Clapham, South London. Her death was announced by her brother Conservative Clacton MP Giles Watling in a statement: "Dilys was a much-loved sister and was the eldest of the five of us. She has also released a couple of singles, including Don’t Say You Love Me, which made it into the charts in 1964. She was eccentric in many ways but was always incredibly generous, warm, and loving. In her last few days, she recounted stories of her life that we thought she had long since forgotten. After a long illness, she passed away peacefully."
Why is Dilys Watling Famous?
- Being a British acterss.
- For her appearance on "Coronation Street", "The Benny Hill Show" and "The Two Ronnies".
Cause of Death
Dilys Watling's cause of death was due to a long illness. She dies at 78.
Who were the Parents of Dilys Watling?
Dilys Watling was born on 5th May 1943 with the birth name of Dilys Rhys Jones. Her place of birth was Fulmer Chase, Buckinghamshire, England. She held British nationality and her ethnic background was British-White. Her race was White. She lastly celebrated her 78th birthday as of 2021. She was born to her parents; Ion Rhys Jones (father) and Patricia Hicks (mother). Ion Rhys Jones was killed in action in World War II, and her mother later married actor Jack Watling. Her stepfather was Jack Watling. She has four siblings as well including actor Deborah and politician Giles Watling. Taurus was her Zodiac sign and her religion was Christian.
Regarding her educational background, Dilys Watling attended St Mary's Convent School, Woodford, Essex, followed by the acting school.
Dilys Watling Career Timeline
- Dilys Watling initially acted in repertory theatre and at the Bristol Old Vic.
- She was then nominated for the Tony Award for Best Leading Actress in a Musical for her Broadway debut in the short-lived Georgy in 1970 which proved to be her sole Broadway credit.
- Her other stage credits include the musical "Pickwick" (1964), an adaptation of Dickens's "The Pickwick Papers"; the role of the Beggar Woman in the 1980 London cast of "Sweeney Todd" in the West End; and the West End multi-media Dave Clark rock musical "Time" (1986).
- In addition, she made occasional film appearances, including rôles in the comedy "Two Left Feet" (1963); crime film, "Calculated Risk" (film), (also 1963); and the horror film, "Theatre of Death", (1967).
Who was Dilys Watling married to?
Dilys Watling had been married twice during her lifetime. She first married her husband, Bruce Anderson. Later, they divorced due to a misunderstanding. After then, she had a relationship with actor Christopher Matthews. Later, she married Owen Teale. The duo was also blessed with a son named Ion. Back to her death, the couple was enjoying their life a lot. Her sexual orientation was straight.
How much was Dilys Watling Net Worth?
Dilys Watling was a famous actress whose net worth was estimated to have $1 Million - $5 Million as of 2021. His major source of wealth came from his acting career. Whereas his salary is unavailable at a moment. She was living a lavish lifestyle prior to his death.
How tall was Dilys Watling?
Dilys Watling had a tall and perfect height of 1.71 m and his balanced weight consist of 55 KG. His eye color was dark brown and his hair color was blonde. His other body measurements ist still to get revealed yet. She had a very charming smile with a glowing face.
Trivias About Dilys Watling You Need To Know.
- Dilys Watling made her film debut in "Calculated Risk" in 1963 which was followed by "Two Left Feet" and "Theatre of Death".
- She made her TV debut in the 1962 "Compact" as Gillian Nesbitt.
- His birth name is Dilys Rhys Jones.
- She had four siblings as well including actor Deborah and politican Giles Watling.
- Taurus was her Zodiac sign.