Last updated on October 3rd, 2019 at 09:23 pm
Facts About Dina Asher-Smith
|Celebrated Name||Dina Asher-Smith|
|Age||27 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Geraldina Rachel Asher-Smith|
|Place Of Birth||London|
|School||Perry Hall Primary School; Newstead Wood School|
|College / University||King's College London|
|Height||1.64 m or 5 ft 5 in|
|Body Measurement||Will Add Soon|
|Boyfriend||Zharnel Hughes (EX)|
|Net Worth||$8 million|
|Source of Wealth||Sprinting Career|
|Links||Wikipedia Twitter Instagram|
Geraldina Rachel Asher-Smith famed as Dina Asher-Smith is a British Sprinter who is known as the fastest British woman in recorded history. Moreover, she is the 2016 and 2018 European champion at 200 meters and the 2018 European champion at 100 meters and she has also won 2018 Commonwealth Games and European Championship gold medals, 2016 Olympic bronze, 2017 World Championship silver and 2013 World Championship bronze in the 4 × 100 meters relay. Recently, she won the silver medal in the 100 m at the 2019 World Championships in a new British record of 10.83 seconds, finishing second behind Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce.
Where is Dina Asher Smith From?
On 4th December 1995, Dina Asher-Smith was born as Geraldina Rachel Asher-Smith in Orpington, London, England. Her nationality is English and her ethnicity is Mixed. Her religion is Christian. As of 2018, she celebrated her 23rd birthday with her friends and families. She was born to Julie, her mother, and Winston, her father. She went to Perry Hall Primary School as a child and later she attended Newstead Wood School in Orpington from the year 2008 to 2014. After that, she went to King's College London and graduated with a BA (Hons) in the year 2017.
What are Body Measurements?
Dina is a very beautiful woman with an attractive personality. She has a tall height of 1.64 m or 5 ft 5 in with the perfect body weight of 128 lb or 58 Kg. She has got a charming smile with an athletic body build. Her other body measurements including her biceps size, waist size and more are still to get disclosed but it will be added soon. Her eye color is black and her hair color is also black. Overall, she has got a healthy body.
How Many Medals does Dina Asher Smith Have?
- Dina was coached by John Blackie when she was a member of Blackheath and Bromley Harriers Athletic Club.
- She ran the 300 meters in 39.16 sec to set the current World age 13 best in the year 2009.
- She has also won the English Schools Championships 200 m title as an Under 15 (2010), U17 (2011) and U20 (2013).
- In the 2013 event, she won in a time of 23.63 seconds into a strong headwind.
- She finished 7th in the 200 m final in a then-personal best time of 23.50 at the 2012 World Junior Championships.
- She won two gold medals at the European Junior Championships in Rieti, winning the 200 m in 23.29, before joining Yasmin Miller, Steffi Wilson and Desiree Henry to win the 4 × 100 m relay in the year 2013 by breaking the UK Junior record.
- She was shortlisted for the 2013 BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year.
- She won the 100 meters at the World Junior Championships in Eugene, running 11.23 secs in the year 2014.
- She was the youngest athlete selected for Great Britain and Northern Ireland Squad for the 2013 World Championships held in Moscow.
- She won the bronze medal in the 4 × 100 m relay.
- She qualified for the 200 m final but pulled up with a hamstring injury on the bend at the 2014 European Athletics Championships held in Zurich.
- At the 2015 European Athletics Indoor Championships for the 60 m, she took the silver medal.
- She equaled Jeanette Kwakye's British record of 7.08 s being the first British female to win a medal in 30 years.
- She also became the fastest ever teenager at 60 m.
- She first broke the British 100 meters record with 11.02 secs on 24 May 2015 in Hengelo and then she became the first British woman to run a legal time under 11 seconds, with 10.99 secs on 24 July 2015 at the London Anniversary Games.
- In the 2015 IAAF World Athletic Championships, she finished fifth with a time of 22.07, a new British record.
- She again finished fifth in the 200 meters, in 22.31 seconds at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio.
- She won a bronze medal in the 4 x 100 meters relay in a British record of 41.77 seconds.
- She broke her foot in a training accident on 17th February 2017 but she managed and secured fourth place in the women's 200m and a silver medal as part of the Great Britain 4 × 100 m relay later that year at the 2017 IAAF World Athletics Championships in London.
- She then came away with a Commonwealth bronze medal with a time off 22.29 seconds from Australia.
- She won both the 100m and 200m meters titles at the 2018 European Championships in Berlin.
- She became the first British woman in history to run below 22 seconds for 200 meters and moving to 22nd on the 200 meters world all-time list (35th at 100m).
- She also won a third gold medal in the 4 × 100 meters relay.
- She was named women's European Athlete of the Year for her success in October.
- She won the silver medal in the 100 m at the 2019 World Championships in a new British record of 10.83 seconds, finishing second behind Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce.
- She became the first female British sprinter to win an individual medal in the world championships since Kathy Cook in 1983.
Who is Dina Asher Smith Married to?
Dina is not married yet and she is still to get married. As of now, she is assumed to be single as there are no rumors about her dating anyone. She is focusing on her career at present rather than spending her time in a relationship. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Previously, she was in a relationship with her boyfriend, Zharnel Hughes. He is also a sprinter. Later, the couple split.
What is Dina Asher Smith Net Worth?
The net worth of this famous sprinter will be surely in millions as she is a very successful woman in her career and she has accumulated a lot of medals from her career. Her net worth is estimated to have $1 Million as of 2019. But her exact salary has not been revealed yet but it will be added soon. Her major source of earning is from her sprinting career. There is no doubt that she is satisfied with her earnings.
Trivias About Dina Asher-Smith You Need To Know.
- She won the silver medal in the 100 m at the 2019 World Championships.
- She was named women's European Athlete of the Year in October 2019.
- She won a bronze medal at the 2016 Summer Olympics and finished fifth in the 200 m.
- She is a football fan and a supporter of Manchester United F.C.
- She is a member of the Blackheath and Bromley Harriers Athletic Club.
- Her star sign is Sagittarius.
- She became the first British woman to legally run under 11 seconds for the 100 m in 2015.