Facts About Divock Origi
|Celebrated Name||Divock Origi|
|Age||28 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Divock Okoth Origi|
|Place Of Birth||Ostend|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Net Worth||$4 M|
|Source of Wealth||Football|
A Belgian professional footballer who is currently playing as a forward for Liverpool and Belgium National Team is named for Divock Origi. Moreover, he is the son of former Kenyan professional footballer Mike Origi. He began his career at Lille and scored on his professional debut for them in 2013. He made his international debut for Belgium in 2014 and was part of their team which reached the quarter-finals of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, during which he became the youngest goalscorer in Belgian World Cup history. Overall, Divock Origi is a very talented and skillful player.
Divock Origi Isn’t Good Enough For Liverpool And Must Be Replaced This Summer
Divock Origi’s contribution to Liverpool’s Champions League triumph of 2019 will be remembered on Merseyside for a long time. Liverpool can’t count on Origi to conjure up the same sort of magic that carried them through some testing times last season. Liverpool has been so strong over the past two seasons that it can seem over-scrupulous to pick holes in their squad. But Klopp and the club’s decision-makers must strive to further improve and there is no spot in the team that needs addressing more than the one currently occupied by Origi. Sentimentality mustn’t be enough to keep him at Anfield.
What is the birthplace of Divock Origi?
Divock Origi was born on 19th April 1995 as Divock Okoth Origi. His birthplace is in Ostend, Belgium. His nationality is Belgian and his ethnicity is Black. He was born to Mike Origi and Linda Adhiambo, his parents. His father is a former Kenyan professional footballer. He also has a sister whose name is Natasha Origi. His religion is Christian and his horoscope sign is Aries. As of 2019, he celebrated his 24th birthday.
How was the Career of Divock Origi?
- Divock Origi initiated his football career at Genk's youth academy.
- There, he spent 9 years and signed to Lille in May 2005 when he was only 15.
- On 29th July 2014, Premier League club Liverpool announced that they had completed a £10 million transfer for Origi, who signed a five-year contract but was immediately loaned back to Lille for the 2014-2015 season.
- He was named in Liverpool's 30-man squad for their pre-season tour of Thailand, Australia, and Malaysia on 11th July 2015.
- He then made his competitive debut for the club on 12tbh September 2015, against Manchester United.
- Later, he made his first Liverpool goal, scoring a hat-trick in a 6-1 away win over Southampton on 2nd December 2015.
- On 13th December 2015, he scored his first Premier League goal.
- On 31st August 2017, Bundesliga club VfL Wolfsburg announced the signing of Origi on a season-long loan deal.
- Then, he was sent on a loan to Bundesliga club VfL Wolfsburg in 2017 and returned to his parent club in 2018.
- He scored his first goal of the season in a derby match against city rivals Everton, which Liverpool won 1-0 on 2nd December 2018.
- He scored for the first time in the Champions League, netting a brace in the semi-final second leg against Barcelona on 7th May 2019 vitally scoring the final goal to complete Liverpool's comeback from a three-goal first-leg deficit.
- He signed a new long term contract with Liverpool on 10th July 2019 where he scored twice against Arsenal in EFL Cup which Liverpool eventually won on penalties following a 5-5 regular time finish.
- He then scored two goals on 4th December as Liverpool beat Everton 5-2 in the Merseyside derby to extend their unbeaten run in league football to 32 matches, which was a new club record.
- Regarding his international career, he has represented Belgium at under-15, under-16, under-17, under-19 and under-21 level.
- He made his senior international debut against Algeria coming on as a substitute for Romelu Lukaku on 17th June 2014.
- He scored his first professional international goal against Russia to qualify the Red Devils for the knockout stage on 24 June 2014.
- He has won 22 caps for his national side scoring 3 goals.
- He scored once in Belgium's successful UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying campaign, in a 6-0 home win over Andorra on 10th October 2014.
- Moreover, he was included in the squad for the final tournament but missed out on the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Is Divock Origi Married?
Divock Origi is not married yet and he is still to get married. He is single as of now as there are no rumors about his dating anyone. As of now, he is focusing on his career rather than spending his valuable time in relationships or girlfriend. He is enjoying his present life happily without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Divock Origi?
Divock Origi is a very successful footballer and he has accumulated the net worth of 10 Million Euro as of 2020. His market value is 30 Million Euro. As of 2019, his net worth is $4 Million. He is receiving a weekly wage of €83,000 which is equal to €4,316,000 per annum from his present club. Back in 2017, his weekly wage is believed to be about £35,000. His source of income is from his football career. Moreover, he is also linked with endorsing brands.
How tall is Divock Origi?
Divock Origi is a very cool footballer. He stands at the tall height of 1.85 m or 6 ft 1 in. His balanced weight consists of 75 KG. His body build is athletic. His other body details have not been revealed yet but it will be added soon. Overall, he has got a healthy body.